Torn Between Both Good & Bad

Torn Between both Good & Bad*Part 9*

fter the whole Demetri fiasco, Bri received a letter from Aro
My Dearest Bri, Demetri has informed me that he left to see you, that he tried to get the Cullens, Carlisle in particular to help in gain better control of his actions. Did you really tell him that I might change my mind and send my guards after both you and Demetri? Please understand that I would never do that to you Amberia, I swear it. I was disappointed that you even thought that, but more so that you thought you’d be to blame for Demetri running to you. I can see that you care a great deal for him, even having only met him that one time. I hear that you have taken rather fondly to Carlisle and his family by calling them your family, do you know that we are like your family too dear Amberia. I would like to thank you for the gift of your jacket to Demetri, it’s been very useful to help gain control. He told me that you have quite the arm little lady, I’d love to see it one day.

When she read the letter the only thing that stood out was how he said her first name. Rosalie asked to read the letter, Rosalie:” He used your full first name to try and show that he cares for you. Not in the way you’re thinking but like a father almost. It’s weird, Aro has never been this way, ever to anyone.” Carlisle came down from his study to read the letter and nodded returning to his study while looked out the window. She ran upstairs to chance for bed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74207807). Jake was still there so he saw her when she ran up to Alice’s room. Jacob:” Anybody else just notice that she ran like you?” Emmett:” The day she came here, I knew there was something special about her.” Rosalie agreed which surprised everyone including Bella. Alice:” If you’ll excuse me.” Jacob:” Where’s she going?” Jasper:” Her and Bri made a deal, Bri will sleep in Alice’s room if Alice keeps her company until she falls asleep.” Alice had come back down, Jacob:” She’s sleeping already?” Alice shook her head no looking over at Rosalie. Alice:” No, um she’d like Rosalie to keep her company for tonight.” Rosalie looked at Alice and nodded, she got up and disappeared upstairs. Jasper:” Are you ok?” Alice:” Yes, she wants Rose because both her and Em stood in front of her to protect her from Demetri.” Jacob:” On that note I’m going to head out. Um, thanks for letting me know about Bri. Bye Bells.” Bella got up to give him a hug, then closed the door when he left looking at Edward when he chuckled. Bella:” Are you reading his mind already?” Edward:” It seems like Bri has affected a lot of people. First Demetri, then Aro, Emmett…she has affected us all and now Jacob.” Jasper:” What about that WET DOG?” Edward:” He was upset when he heard Bri crying earlier. When he went up to see her the moment she opened the door he froze. He couldn’t help but stare at her thinking she was the most beautiful person he’d ever seen. When he pulled her into a hug, his heart rate sped up and he felt like he’d explode. Now as he head back to the reservation he doesn’t know if what he found out is worth telling Sam. He’d also love to show Bri that he’s a big bad wolf.” Jasper shook his head, the thought of his sister and a wolf together disgusted him, even if the wolf might help out in the future.
Two days later Carlisle had gathered them all together to inform Bri of the results. Carlisle:” We all thought that the venom had begun to take it’s natural course, slowly turning you into one of us but that’s only partially true. The venom is making you one of us with the abilities that you’ve displayed, but the tricky yet utterly satisfying dilemma is that you still remain human. You could fit into the category right now as half human half vampire, since you still age and sleep for the time being. There is predominately more venom in your system then before, which I’ll continue to monitor of course. I just wanted to give you the heads up on your progression so far. Bri:” Maybe in time we will be able to tell if the venom continues to take over and that I’ll be one of you?” Carlisle nodded, Bri:” Wait, but what about what Bella had said, that it seems like I’ve been absorbing powers but they appear to be stronger in me?” Carlisle:” Ah yes, that Amberia is also rather fascinating. Certain powers seem to sink into you and after a while you being to show signs that you too have them. I say certain powers because although you’ve been around both Jasper and Alice, you haven’t showed signs of their gifts yet.” Bri’s eyebrows closed together as if she was contemplating the thought. Bri:” What’s going to happen if Aro finds all this out?” Carlisle crossed the room pulling her into him, caressing her back in a comforting way. Carlisle:” Now that Aro has showed compassion towards you, I’m not quite sure. You see, what Rose said is true, when it comes to you Aro has been acting or treating you like his daughter which he has NEVER done before. Normally our answer would be that of what Emmett has informed you of, which is still a possibility of course. But if he knew how you felt he might now make you do what you don’t want to.” Bri nodded and gave Carlisle a hug, Bri:” You don’t happen to have any of Marcus, Aro or Caius’ blood from when they were humans do you?” He shook his head no and asked why, Bri told him that she thinks he’s somehow related to her in a past life or something. She dismissed the thought and didn’t want to speak of it again, so everyone dropped it. Bri:” The venom is progressing fast isn’t it?” Carlisle smiled, he knew she knew but he just wasn’t sure when it would take over still. Carlisle:” It’s not progressing fast the illusion is it is simply due to the gifts you possess. But I still am not sure when you will become one of us for certain.” Just as he said that Alice had a vision, Bri standing on the back porch with piercing red eyes but also holding a baby. Jacob was next to her holding another baby.
Edward looked at Bri knowing that she saw it too, they both turned to Alice. Carlisle:” What is it, what’d you see?” Bri:” We saw me with red eyes like Aro’s, Jacob behind me each of us holding a baby!” Edward:” Does this mean that we are to assume Jacob imprints on her and before the venom in Bri takes over turning her, she has Jacob’s children?” Alice:” I don’t know, I’m not sure. The only reason I see Jacob is because of Bri and how strong her bond is with our family. If it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t see him, you know that. I do know that she’s officially a vampire and stops aging at the age of twenty two.” Carlisle(mumbles):” That means their children will be werewolves & vampires.” Bri:” Wait, what?” Carlisle:” We need Jacob to get the pack to meet with us so we can inform them. Maybe we can discuss this with them” Bella looked at Edward, Bri:” She knows she can tell Jake to get the pack together and meet us. Will you let her is what she wants to know?” Bri felt that Edward resented her because she’s the one who can read Bella’s mind. He nodded and gave Bella a kiss before she left. Bri didn’t want to be in the house, so she ran outside and up her tree. Rosalie:” She understands what’s happening, part of her wants it while the other part doesn’t. She also feels resented by Edward.” Carlisle looked at her, Carlisle:” How do you know that, the last part?” Rosalie:” Like Emmett says, she’s special and like Aro says, she affects people even without trying to.” Carlisle:” True. Wonder why she feels resented by Edward?” Rosalie:” Because she knows that the only mind that he wants to read is Bella’s but he can’t yet Bri comes to our family and not knowing us for that long she now can.” Edward walked outside, he went up the tree next to Bri’s, Edward:” I’m sorry Bri, I don’t mean to resent you I swear it.” Bri:” No it’s ok because you’re right. You’ve known Bella longer, I’ve only just met you all months ago and now an outsider can read your girlfriend’s mind. Even with ought trying to, as long as I am touching her hand or arm I can. But I’d feel the same way too, so don’t apologize. I actually feel like laughing, so could you send Emmett out here, if that’s ok with you Rose?” Rosalie smiled, she told Emmett to go out there and get her to laugh for a while, so he ran out and up the tree. Emmett:” Come on, I want to see how strong you really are!” She blushed and jumped down, he followed but she turned to him. Bri:” Lead the way my monkey friend!” She followed Emmett, when they got to the spot the he wanted, he picked up a baseball sized rock, handing it to her. Emmett:” Ladies first!” She smirked looking around, she saw a branch farther up these set of trees that was hanging down, she threw the rock with all her might and it collided with the branch. The branch broke into a million tiny pieces, Bri turned to Emmett smiling. Emmett:” Not bad, what can you pick up?” He picked up a fallen tree easily, Bri looked around and went over to this boulder that was two times her size. She began rocking it, moving it and finally somehow almost lifted it off the ground. Emmett:” Amazing, now when you’re a newborn you’ll be stronger then us all, except for Bella.” Bri nodded, she remembered Carlisle tell her that. They headed back to the house, she grabbed some paper and a pen, then began writing a letter to Aro.
Dear Aro, I’m glad that Demetri has informed you of him coming here, I hope you didn’t punish him? Yes I really said that I thought you might have a change of mind and send your guards after us or to harm my family. Why would you never send them after me, even if I inform you that the vampire who bit me his venom is slowly starting to take over? How can I care for Demetri when I hardly know him sir? Alice has informed me that I will stop aging in two years and quite honestly I’m rather frightened to a point. I’m mostly frightened of you and what you’ll think. I’m scared what you’ll think due to how you use your men or women for their gifts I mean. My family has informed me that you want Alice and Edward to work for you, I know you’ll want the same of me but Aro sir, I can’t, I just can’t. I can’t stand with you and watch you slaughter innocent humans and I can’t nor won’t be a part of it. Even if I might have some strange effect on you, I just can’t be a part of that sir, and hope that you can forgive me for that.
She knew the way she worded it that he’d respond quickly but pick up on the fact that she has gifts as well. Hopefully he wouldn’t come there to demand that he sees or that she go back to Volterra with him. Jasper calmed her down, but then she turned to Emmett, Emmett:” This little vampire to be is quite strong already. She almost picked up a boulder twice her size!”
The CULLENS meet with the PACK:
Bella comes back in followed by Jacob, the moment Bri sees him she hid behind Emmet. Jacob:” Why do you need to meet with the pack?” He was staring at Bri as if he could see through Emmett. Bri stepped out from behind him, she walked up to Jacob and touched his cheek where she showed him the vision Alice had that Edward and her saw. Jacob looked at her then to Alice, Jacob:” Wait, Alice saw that?” Bri couldn’t look at him, she began waking away but Jacob topped her. Jacob:” So, you want to talk to the pack about that, about me possibly imprinting on a human/vampire to be who seems to have my children before she dies?” Carlisle nods, Carlisle:” We just want to inform Sam and the pack of what’s to come so they know we’re not keeping anything from them. To also see if he’s ok with it as well.” Jacob:” He has no choice, the minute I imprint he has to be ok with it. It’s the packs highest law, so when I imprint on her, they have no choice but to accept it. Can I ask though, how long before the venom takes complete control?” Bri:” When I’m twenty two, that’s when I stop aging.” Carlisle nodded and told Jacob that he’d still like to inform Sam of what’s coming. Jacob nodded, he looked at Bri who looked away. “Awe, she likes him but doesn’t want to admit it,” Emmett. Bri:” Not helping Em, but thanks.” Jacob:” I’ll let Sam know, we’ll meet in the baseball field.” They all agreed, Bri pulled Alice aside, Bri:” We know that but what about Demetri?” Alice shrugged, she didn’t see Demetri and knew Bri didn’t either.
They joined the pack and Bri (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74430579) stood by Emmett, seeing Sam in his wolf form creeped her out. Carlisle:” You know our daughter Alice has visions (Edward translated and spoke for the wolves) The reason I asked you all here is to inform you that Alice had a vision involving Jacob and our newest family member Bri. Now you know her story and that we had no part in it except taking her in. I’ve done test after test and the venom of that vampire that bit her is beginning to take over. The reason I’m telling you this is due to Alice’s vision. It was of Bri as a newborn, Jacob and her each holding a child.” Sam went over to Jacob who nodded his huge wolf head, that Bri was staring at, then they turned to Bri. Edward:” She can prove this to me?” Bri moved to the front of the Cullens, she pushed how nervous she was as well as Jasper to the side. Bri:” Yes, I can but I’m not sure if it’ll work with you in your wolf form.” Sam turned back to Jacob who disappeared, he returned only in human form. Since all their minds are linked, she showed Jacob again who showed it to the pack. Edward:” As long as he imprints on her she will be protected, even if she is a vampire or will become one soon. I hope that you’ll be able to keep her in control when she does become a newborn.” Bri looked at Sam, Bri:” Don’t worry Sam, when the venom has progressed more, I’m going to try and go hunting so that I’ll be able to have control. But the family will definitely make sure that I’m clear of humans as well as help me.” Sam looked back into her eyes, he nodded knowing that she meant what she said and felt she would really do no harm to any human.