Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

Didn't expect

"Uh-huh. . . She'll flake, run away, and leave you hanging, and when she does I'll laugh." I shot back before wrenching my arm away and moving along my merry way.

"Asa. . . Vaciius is my cousin, my brother, and also the Prince, but I will always wonder what it would have been like for you to complete our family." He murmured, laying his hand gently on my arm, something I didn't expect.

His words hit me in the heart, because although I know my mom and dad, I didn't get to meet my mother and father, I don't have any real family.

"Someday. . . Maybe I will too." I admitted gently to him.

"Someday, maybe we'll find out." He winked as he took his seat back next to Vaciius.

I continued on my way back to my seat, and I didn't say anything, just went about eating my salad. Daish gasped and grabbed my hand, looking at the bruise that had already formed around my wrist quite visibly.

"We're in a fight." I admitted, mumbling to her, as I pulled it back and hid it under the table.

I finished my salad quickly and got up to leave school again. Daish stood quickly to call after me, "Sar, Prom's this weekend! Who're you going with?"

"I'm not!" I called not looking back then adding, "Going, that is." Then I threw her a peace sign over my shoulder and quickly exited the lunch room.

I heard rapid footsteps following, and I turned, bracing myself for a verbal, or physical assault, but I just saw Baxter Shaw coming after me, and shoving his hands in his pockets as he got closer.

"Hey Asarah." He sent a cute little smile my way.

"What's up, Baxter?" I asked in a friendly voice.

Nobody really knew this, but back before Vaciius came around I used to have the biggest crush on Baxter, I just never knew what to say to him.

"So. . .I have a question to ask you, and I think what I know what you're going to say, but I wanted to try anyways. . ." He trailed off as he started to rush his words.

"Go ahead." I smiled, encouraging him gently.

"Well, I know you're with Vaciius, or whatever, but I think you're really pretty, and I was wondering if you'd go to Prom with me. . ." He mumbled, ducking his head embarrassed, as he started to blush really bad, and I just stood there staring at him like and idiot, with big eyes.