Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Six.

“It’s been a week. Do I call her and ask her out again?”

“I don’t know, Kaner.” Jonathan told him, putting on his skates. The boys were about to play against Pittsburgh and the last thing he wanted to focus on Patrick’s little crush. “You’re not even supposed to be dating an Ice Girl, so I’d watch out if I were you.”

“How do you know we’re not supposed to date them? I’ve never heard that rule.” Patrick said. He wanted so desperately to ask Lilly out again. Ever since the kiss, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He knew that when it came to women, all he would usually want was just to get some. With Lilly, it wasn’t like that all. He wanted her. All the time.

“Listen, we’re about to go out there and play. Get the girl off your mind and focus on the game. I don’t give a shit about your issues right now. Get ready and let’s go play some puck.” Jonathan said harshly. Patrick rolled his eyes and got up, getting ready to start warm-ups. He couldn’t not think about Lilly. He was about to go out there and play for her.

___________________________________________

“This place is awesome, Lil! You scored a great deal. Maybe I’ll move here too.” My brother joked as he walked around my apartment. He just arrived from California, about to stay for a few days. I was beyond happy to see Landon. He’s always been my best friend and I missed him dearly.

“What time is it?” I asked, pouring us each a glass of water. “Almost 6, why?” Landon told me, checking his watch. The Blackhawks were about to play the Penguins, and I wanted to watch Patrick. “Blackhawks game is soon.” I told my brother simply. “Ohhhhhhh goshhhhhh” He groaned. “Don’t tell me you’re a Hawks fan now. I knew you shouldn’t have moved here!”
“Shut up.” I laughed. “They’ve been doing really good this season…and I work for them.” I admitted. Landon just about choked on his water. “What the hell? What do you mean work for them?”

I started to blush; I didn’t want my brother to get mad that I was an Ice Girl. I didn’t want him to think I was some slut. “I’m one of those Ice Girls…” I began, “Except for the Ice part. All I do is walk around at the games and give away things.” I told him. Landon shook his head in disbelief. “That’s the only job you can get here? Prancing around like some whore?” He asked harshly. I sighed; I knew he would act that way. “My friend offered it to me. It doesn’t pay very well, so I’m still looking for something else. Chill out, Landon, I’m not a whore.”

I could feel the tension after I told Landon what I do. It could be worse, I thought. I could be a prostitute or something. He’s always been overprotective, ever since what happened 16 years ago. I loved him and all, but I’m 22. I can make my own choices.

The two of us sat down on the couch, eating Chinese takeout. The game began and within the first two minutes, Pittsburgh was up 1-0. Landon was a huge hockey fan, but he hated Chicago. And Anaheim. I didn’t want to tell him about Patrick, it’s one thing that I’m dating someone, but someone on the Blackhawks? I don’t even know how Landon would react. Jonathan Toews then got the puck, and scored a shorthanded goal. “YEAHHHHHHH!” I yelled, sticking my tongue out at Landon. He rolled his eyes and groaned. “Pens got it tonight, just watch.”

Time passed and there were only a few seconds left in overtime. The two teams each had 3 points, and there was about to be a shootout. Pittsburgh shot first, and James Neal didn’t make it in. Jonathan Toews was up for Chicago and I bit my lip. He started off fast, and the puck went in. Sidney Crosby was up for the Penguins, and of course, he scored. Landon cheered and started to chant “CROSBY! CROSBY! CROSBY!”

I rolled my eyes and watched as Patrick skated out to the center. Fuck, I thought. I didn’t doubt Patrick’s skills, I was just nervous. He started off skating pretty fast, then slowed down, faking out the goalie. The puck hit the net and I rose from the couch, screaming.

“HELL YEAH! WOOOOOOO!” I cheered. I looked down at Landon, who stared at the screen, shaking his head. “Can’t stand Patrick Kane, but his moves are filthy. How did he even think of that? Damn.” He muttered. “Why don’t you like Patrick Kane?” I asked Landon, curious to hear what he had to say. He’d always pay more attention to hockey than me, so he knew more about the players. “The guy is a douche,” He began. “Amazing player, but I hate his attitude.” He told me.
_______________________________________

“I saw your game. Good job.” I said into the phone. It was pretty late here, and I was about to fall asleep until I heard my phone ring. The caller ID said it was Patrick, so I answered immediately.

“Yeah, you saw that? Thanks.” He laughed. “I was thinking about you before my shootout goal.” He told me. I wondered if he could tell I had a huge smile on my face after that. “That’s cute. Get another and maybe I’ll believe you.” I joked. He chuckled, “Do I get to see you when I get back tomorrow? I want to see you.”

“I don’t have any plans.” I told him. I was happy to hear he wanted to see me. I wanted to see him too, but I didn’t want to say anything. I didn’t want to sound clingy. “I’ll call you when I get back. It’ll be toward the end of the day. I know the guys wanna go out, but I don’t think I do. Maybe we can hang out at my place?” He explained to me. I yawned, “Whatever you want.”

“Alright, Lilly. Go to sleep, I’ll speak to you in the morning.” He said softly. I yawned again, half asleep. “Okay. Have a safe flight. I’ll be here when you get back.” I said, and then hung up. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, all thanks to Patrick Kane.
______________________________________________

I heard a knock on the door as I brushed my teeth in my bathroom. “LANDON! CAN YOU GET THE DOOR!?” I yelled with toothpaste all over my mouth. I didn’t hear anything, so I finished up and walked out to see what was going on. I stopped in the hallway when I saw Patrick standing there, holding flowers. He looked sort of angry, and I didn’t know why. I realized Landon was standing right in front of him, arms crossed against his chest.

“Lilly,” Landon began. “Please explain why Patrick Kane is in your apartment.” He said harshly. I swallowed, praying this would go well. Landon just explained that he didn’t like Patrick, and then Patrick shows up unexpectedly.

“We’re seeing each other.” I said bluntly. Landon turned around with wide eyes. “What the hell do you mean you’re seeing each other? You can’t date a professional athlete, Lilly. You can’t trust this guy, with a past like his.” Landon said, turning to Patrick. “You can leave. You won’t be seeing my baby sister anymore.”

“He’s not all bad like his reputation.” I told Landon. “I’m 22 years old, Landon. I can see who I want.” I walked over to Patrick, who stood there stunned. “Meet my overprotective, impolite, asshole of a brother.” I muttered to him. Patrick put his arm around my waist, and whispered “It’s okay.”

“I really do care for your sister.” Patrick said to Landon. “I know my past with women isn’t the greatest, but it’s different with your sister.” Landon chuckled, rolling his eyes. He walked into the kitchen and opened a beer. “You want one?” He asked Patrick, handing him a can. “No thanks.” Patrick shook his head.

“Lilly, I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me.” Patrick said, handing me the flowers. I smiled, taking a whiff. “I’d like that.” I made sure Landon wouldn’t do anything stupid, then I walked back to my bedroom to get ready. I stood by the door as I put some mascara on, listening to the boys talk.

“You like hockey?” Patrick asked Landon. Oh god. “Yeah, I’m a big fan. Can’t stand Chicago, though.” Landon told him harshly. I rolled my eyes and hit my cheek with the brush. I grabbed a wipe and went back to my spot by the door. If things were to get out of control, I was right there to witness. I trusted both men, though. I knew Landon wanted me to be happy, so he’d accept whatever. And I knew Patrick was a good guy. I doubt he’d start trouble with my big brother.

I grabbed my purse and walked out into the living room. “You ready to go?” I asked as Patrick rose from the dinner table, where he sat with Landon. I quickly put my flowers in a vase, and headed out with him.“You gonna be okay?” I asked Landon. He chuckled, “Go have fun.” Before we headed out the door, Landon called to us. “Hey, Patrick!” He called. We both stopped before opening the front door to leave.

We turned around, looking at Landon who stood there with a beer in hand. “You hurt my sister, and I’ll beat your ass with your own hockey stick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this seemed boring. I've been really busy, but I wanted to update for you guys....so, meet Landon!
COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS & SUBSCRIBE :)