Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Eight.

My dearest Lilly,
I miss you so much. I think about you all day every day. Do you think about me? I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn’t have left so suddenly. This is my job. This is my life. I’m fighting for our country. I love you to pieces. Don’t ever forget that. I’ll be home for you soon, and we can finally be together again. Words cannot express how much I miss and love you.
Yours always,

Cameron

What the fuck? I thought to myself. I had just woken up and checked my mail. I found the note from Cameron, who is in Afghanistan. He was my first…everything. My first kiss, my first partner in bed, my first love. He left about a year ago. It was all so sudden. One day, he came to me upset, telling me it was our last day together. I’d been with him for 4 years, and he told me he was leaving the day before he did.

I was depressed for about two months. Asking myself,Why would he do this to me? I thought he loved me. Do I wait for him? I tried to wait for him, but life was passing me by. Now, here in Chicago, I was already seeing Patrick. I liked Patrick. I didn’t have time to worry about Cameron. He’s all part of my past, and I intended for him to stay there.
______________________________________________________

“So, what’s your deal, man?”
“What are you talking about?” Jonathan asked. The team was in the locker room after finishing morning skate, and Patrick had been waiting all morning to talk to Jonathan about the club issue.

“The other night.” Patrick said, “At the club. Lilly said you wouldn’t stop staring at their table.”
Jonathan let out a big laugh. “HA! That’s a lie. I wasn’t even looking over there.” He said defensively. “Yeah you were.” Andrew Shaw said, walking toward the guys. “I was gonna ask you why you kept staring. You looked like a fuckin’ creep.” He joked. Patrick chuckled at Andrew’s comment. The guy was hilarious. A beast on the ice, a comedian in the locker room.

“You can tell us, man. Which one do you like?” Patrick asked him. Jonathan rolled his eyes and gathered his bag. “I don’t like any of them.” He said, getting up from the bench. “Hold it.” Andrew told him, pushing Jonathan back down with his hand. “Rachel.”
“I don’t like Rachel!” Jonathan shrieked harshly. “Get off my case. I don’t have time to date.”

Patrick and Andrew looked at each other and nodded, “It’s Rachel.” Patrick said. Jonathan groaned, he wanted to leave but Andrew was in his way. “Why don’t you just ask her out?” He asked Jonathan.

“We already dated.” Jonathan mumbled. Patrick looked left and right, making sure he heard correctly. “What the fuck!? You already dated? Well what happened?”
“Kaner, I was right when I said we can’t date Ice Girls. Her boss found out and almost fired her. Said either we break up or she’s gone.” Jonathan said sadly. Patrick could tell he was disappointed Rachel chose her job over him.

“How long were you together?” Andrew asked, sitting beside Jonathan. He shrugged, “About 7 months.”
“7 months? Then you just let her drop you like that?” Patrick asked his friend, raising his voice. “Why didn’t you do somethin’, Johnny? You could’ve found her a new job or something. If you really liked her.” He said. Jonathan flew up from the bench and pinned Patrick against the locker, knocking over all of his things. “DON’T SAY I DIDN’T LIKE HER, KANER! DON’T YOU EVEN START WITH THAT SHIT. YOU’RE NOT ONE TO TALK.” He yelled in Patrick’s face. Andrew stood up, grabbing Jonathan off of Patrick.

“You don’t know anything.” Jonathan said to Patrick. “Get out of my business.” He said harshly, and then stormed out of the locker room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is BEYOND short, and I'm sorry for that, but this chapter is meant to foreshadow what will happen. We haven't seen much of Tazer in this story....and now he blows up. Lol.