Sleepwalking

Chapter 3 There is a Heaven Let's Keep it a Secret

“Wanna get going?” Devin asked. I shook my head and we started to walk around. “Devin, I don’t want to go home, I’m scared....whenever my brother doesn't come home I sit outside all night and don’t go to sleep” I explained. “Well do you want to stay at my place?” he asked. “Can I?” “Of course” he said. We walked to his house and his parents were up watching movies. “Hey, mom, this is Icy, she’s my friend she’s staying the night” Devin said hanging up his car keys. “That’s fine hun” she said as Devin grabbed my hand. He walked me up to his room and we sat down. He had a guitar laid out on his bed, “I’ll be back” he said walking into another room. I picked up his guitar and thought about how Ben played his, and I started to try but it sounded like crap. “Are you trying to play?” he said walking back in. I laughed, “I don’t play could you tell?” “No, no. Look” he said getting behind me. He placed my singers and guided me, “This is an A chord.” I was so confused. I turned over and I kissed him. I was laying on his chest and we keep kissing, and each time it got deeper. We stopped, we stayed up all night and around six AM I point outside. “Want to go sit on the roof?” he asked. “Yeah” I said. He got up and climbed out his window and leaned against the chimney. I laid in between his legs. “When I stay home all night alone, I sit and count the street lights as they go off. It makes me feel safe” I said. “One” he counted as the first street light went out. “Two.” “Three.” “Four.” It went back and forth and back and forth until I fell asleep in his arms. He picked me up and took me back into his room and we got into bed together. We woke up at six and his mom had dinner made. I ate and then Andy called me. “Hey, where are you?” he asked. “I’m with Devin” I explained. “Ok, well we have to go to Samii’s house for the party want to bring Devin with you?” “Dev, do you want to go to a party with me tonight?” I asked. “Yeah, that sounds fun” he said. “Yeah, we’ll go” I said to Andy. Devin ran up and got dressed and fixed in black jeans, a black shirt and black scarf and vans Then he drove me home and I put on a black strapless dress with a tie and black vans and my beanie and we were on our way.
Samii, and Jinxx’s house was crazy, right outside was the end of the beach. There were rocks to climb on and a small dock, it was fun to go hang out at especially at night. The party got boring and I took Devin outside, “Let’s go to the beach” I said. We walked over and sat on the rocks and talked. We found out that we didn't like each other as being together but in a way we were like friends with benefits. I was fine with it as long as he was still my friend. Devin was able to help me through some things and being together in school saved both of us. Everything was ok, until summer. Devin had to leave, not forever just for a little bit but I didn't want to let him go. I needed him and I thought he needed me. We were best friends and I knew I would have to let him go, but I didn't know how I would be able to.
A week before he was supposed to leave I remember I wouldn't even leave my house. I didn't eat, I didn't move, I didn't do anything. I laid in my bed and that was it. Devin came over after Andy talked him and told her my situation. He walked in and I was facing my wall, I thought it was just Andy. “Ice, what’s wrong?” he said sitting down next to me. “I don’t feel good” I said not wanting to tell him the truth. “Well...let’s go we’ll go get a coffee” he said standing up. “No, I don’t want to. There’s not point to life” I moaned. I heard him start to laugh. “What’s up?” he said sitting down. “I just don’t feel good....like I said.” “No, what’s really wrong?” “Dev, it’s nothing.” “I thought we were friends, I guess I was wrong” he said walking to the door. “Wait, Devin” I said as he turned back around looking at me. “Look, I don’t want you to leave. You're my best friend and I don’t know if I’ll be able to get through the few weeks you're gone. I've never had a friend like you...well I never actually had a friend. I just don’t know how I’m going to do that’s all” I explained. Devin was now sitting on my bed thinking. “I know. I know I’m going to PA with my friends for a tour, but I don’t think I’ll be able to leave you” he said hugging me. “At Least it’s not just me feeling like this” I said. He laid back on my bed and I crawled into his arms and chest and he hugged me as we both wrapped into my blanket.