Status: In Progress

Nine Lives

Chapter Five: Last Two Golden Tickets

We all drove in my car and searched for more people in more gigs. This was going to be fun, considering gigs were everywhere and every time. Alan looked around and pointed, "Over there, there's a dude over there." He pointed to a guy who was walking into the guitar store, maybe a bassist? Or drummer? Who knows. But he carried something. All we could do is just hunt random people. Stalkerish I know.
We parked in front of the guitar shop and we all walked inside. Shit, it felt good after all, the Summer likes to be a bitch when it's August. We looked around for the guy we saw. We looked at the drums, guitars and basses. We finally saw him; he was around the basses. He picked up a bass, tuned it and plugged it in. I saw him playing some riffs and bass solos, I called Alan and Shay and we figured this guy could be our bassist.
After he was done, we caught up to him, "Hey man, sick playing!" I smiled.
"Thanks..." He said oddly.
"Sorry, we're starting a new band and we're looking for a bassist and drummer." I explained.
"I see and you asked me why?" the boy asked.
"Because I saw the way you played and you're really good." I grinned, "Join our band?" I asked.
"How do I know that this isn't some prank?" He asked.
"Because..." I showed him the letter on my phone from Rise Records, "We gotta deal with Rise Records."
"Shit, so you are legit. Hm... Sure, I'll join, I need to get out there too." He smirked.
"I'm Austin." I introduced myself.
"Alan."
"Shayley."
"I'm Jaxin Hall." He introduced himself. "Hey see that dude over there?" He pointed to a drummer, tapping on some electronic drums for fun.
"Yeah, what about him?" I asked.
"His name is Valentino Arteaga, he's a good friend of mine, I was going to meet him here to have a little fun with the instruments around here." Jaxin explained.
"You think he'd be a good drummer for our band?" I asked.
"Definitely!" Jaxin smiled.
We walked over to the guy named Valentino who looked at us and quickly smiled. "'Sup Jaxin, who's your friends?" He asked.
"These guys are legit and have a record deal with Rise Records man. I suggested they should hire you for the last position." Jaxin smiled.
"Seriously?" His eyes brightened up.
"Definitely." I grinned.
"Dude this is so sick!" He raised his arms and his light shaved face lit up.
"So wanna play us something?" I asked.
"Sure!" He walked over to a pair of drums and started slamming on them from the inclosed room, his headphones on to protect his ears. He started drumming random beats and then did his jam session. We all watched.
"Shit, he's good." Alan was impressed.
"He's one hell of a drummer." Jaxin smiled.
"He's got a style and he has the beats great." I nodded.
"Austin, let's hire this guy." Shay also agreed with out opinions.
After Valentino was done hitting up the drums, he walked out, wondering how he did. "So what'cha think?"
"You're definitely in bro, you hit those drums hard." I smiled, shaking hands with Valentino, "You're final spot in this band, Valentino."
"Hey if it saves if you, you can just call me Tino." He smiled.
"Well Tino it is. Also, we have a meeting with Rise Records tomorrow at 9:30. How about you follow me to my house?" I asked.
"Sure thing bro. I actually just walked here, I don't live that far from this store. I'll just drive with Jaxin since he brought his car." Tino suggested.
"Sweet, we'll meet you there, just follow us." I started to walk with Alan and Shay.
We got to my house about twenty minutes later and met up with Tino and Jaxin. Damn, it was getting hotter; the end of Summer sure kicks a lot of heat. I led all the guys into my house, I didn't hear Gielle. "Gielle?" I asked, looking around then saw a note on the table:
Austin.
I went out with a few friends for a girls night out. Sorry I just found out last minute and sorry I told you last minute. I left money in the kitchen for some take out since I won't be back around midnight. We're going out and dancing-- those girl things! I hope you understand. Also, I hope you found the right guys for your band. I love you. <3
xo,
Gielle
Well that explains it. I smiled and grabbed the money she had left for me. I walked to the living room, settling with the guys. "So, since we know everyone can play--"
"We never heard you sing dude." Alan smirked.
"I was getting to that." I punched his shoulder playfully.
"Oh then sing like you mean it dude." The ginger chuckled and everyone agreed.
"Well, alright..." I cleared my throat, drinking so water. I began to sing clearly, to Rise Against. Everyone listened to how soft my voice was; it was shaky but I managed. Once I cleared the last one, Shay looked at me.
"Hey Austin... Since you know how to scream, I know how to sing." Shay admitted.
"I didn't know you could sing." Alan was surprised.
So, Shay sang. He sang a mix of songs which were sung beautifully. He had such a great vocal chord. Better than mine, since I only knew how to scream more. Once he had finished, all of us were astounded and clapped, making him smile. "Thanks..." He said shyly.
"So, you want to be our clear vocals?" I asked.
"Sure." He agreed.
Yes. We have a new vocalist to back me up. This will be a great band, I know it...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not Austlan now. IT WILL BE! >.<