Status: Active

Whoever She Is

If I Werent So Young, Stupid, Or Restless

I woke up the next morning to my phone beeping
1 New Text from Daddy
Hey sweetie. If you don’t have anything planned today, could you go to the grocery store. We are running low and I have to be in Phoenix all day. There is a list on the counter in the kitchen. Add anything you want. I have to stay in Phoenix tonight, I’ll be home tomorrow after work. I’m sorry to leave you by yourself.

I rolled out of bed. It was already noon. I figured that I need to get the grocery shopping over now before people get off work and go. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I put some mascara and lip gloss on. I wandered into my closet and pulled a pair of shorts and a pink v neck out. I changed into the clothes and pulled on my TOMS. I walked downstairs and wandered into the kitchen. I found the list and stuffed it into my purse. I walked to my car and headed to the store.
The store was fairly empty. I grabbed a cart and started my shopping. I walked down the aisles and pick up the items on the list and items I wanted. It took me about 30 minutes. I went to check out. My cart was almost full. The bagger put the bags in the cart. I reached to take the cart from him
“I’ll help you get these into your car” He smiled. I smiled. It made me think of back home. People always helped others, southern hospitality was big in Mississippi. Manners were golden.
“Well thank you” We walked to my car. I popped the trunk and we loaded the bags. When we were done, I turned to him
“Thank you….I’m sorry I didn’t get your name” I looked at him
“I’m Eric” He laughed
“Well, Eric, thank you for your help. I’m Danielle, It was very kind of you to help me. You don’t see manners like that around here a lot”
“Your welcome Danielle. Have a great day” He smiled and pushed the cart back to the store. I pulled out of the store parking lot and my stomach started growling. I drove to In and Out and picked up some lunch. I drove home and pulled into the garage, which my dad thankfully fixed the door to. I closed the garage door and popped the trunk. I brought all the bags in and put up the groceries. I ate my food at the kitchen table as I scrolled facebook on my phone. I slowly chewed my food as I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the house. After I finished, I threw my trash away and walked into the living room. I found Theo laying on the floor. I decided to take him for a run since it wasn’t completely miserable outside. I changed into some running clothes running clothes and tennis shoes. I strapped my iPhone to my arm and plugged in my headphones. I hooked his leash to his collar and walked outside. We started jogging down the street. Dad’s house was in a subdivision, so I knew if we stayed on the sidewalk, it would loop us back to the house. I knew I need to start running again to get back in shape for cheer. We had two weeks before summer practices start and if I didn’t train, it was going to kick my ass. We took the long way around the subdivision. I took in the scenery. It was so different from Mississippi. It was hot here, but it was a dry heat. Mississippi was humid and nasty during the summer. The scenery was a lot greener in Mississippi, but the desert was so beautiful. Theo loved going on runs with me. He liked not being confined to the backyard and house. We finally made it back to dad’s street about 30 minutes later. I could see my house in sight. I sighed in relief. I was almost there when I heard my name. I looked to see Pat and John. I smiled and walked over to them.
“Hey guys” I greeted as I pulled the earphones out of my ears
“What are you doing?” Pat asked
“Um, running” I laughed
“Its 104 outside” He told me
“Yeah, but running helps me clear my head. And it’s a pretty day” I told him. I noticed John looking me up and down. My tank top showed a bit of my stomach and my shorts were short. I felt extremely low in self-confidence.
“Well, my parents are out of town tonight. Tim and I are throwing a party. You wanna come?” Pat asked
“I don’t know” I said wearily. I didn’t want to drink in front of the guys. I was defiantly a different person when I drink. I did not want to make a fool out of myself
“Come on. It wouldn’t kill you to go to a party every once and a while” John laughed. I heard a door shut and I looked up to see a pretty blonde. She walked over to the boys and I
“Danielle, this is Sadie, Tim’s girlfriend.” Pat introduced us.
“Hello” I greeted as we shook hands.
“You guys will get along great. You guys are just a like” Pat told me
“Are you going to the party tonight?” She asked me
“The guys were just telling me about it” I nodded
“Well, why don’t we hang out before the party? Get to know each other. I am in desperate need of a gal friend. These boys drive me crazy” she laughed
“yeah that would be great. I have to shower before I do anything” I told her
“Well you go shower, I’ll get your number from the guys and I’ll text you” She smiled
“Sounds good to me” I agreed. I said goodbye to the guys and walked over to my house. I let Theo off his leash and walked upstairs. I took a nice long shower. When I got out, I dried off and slowly walked into my room. I had a text from Sadie. I told her that she could come over whenever. I changed into a tank top and a pair of shorts. I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed downstairs to open the door. Ellie stood in the doorway with a hangers of clothes in one and her makeup bag in her other hand.
“Well come one in” I told her
“So what’s with the accent?” she asked me
“Well I’m from Mississippi. I moved to Scottsdale when I was 14” I explain
“I knew you had to be from the south! The way the guys talked about you, I knew you couldn’t be originally from here! You seemed so nice and well mannered”
She followed me to my room and I sat on my bed. We talked for a while before getting ready. I found out that her and Tim have been dating for 3 years. She was an upcoming senior at Tempe like the rest of the guys (minus Garrett and Pat who were upcoming juniors). We had a lot in common in music and movie taste. We talked like we have been friends for years.
We decided to get ready around 7. I pulled a pair of shorts and a floral tank top out of my closet. I wasn’t going to wear the crazy/wild outfits that I wore in Scottsdale.
“Um, do you realize that we are going to a party right?” She ask
“Yeah?” I responded confused
“Let me look and find you something” She rummaged around my closet and found a [url=http://www.polyvore.com/makeover/set?id=74524832] pink lace skirt[/url that came up to my mid-thigh and a black button up tank that tied at my belly button.
“These are perfect!” She exclaimed as she threw the clothes at me. I changed into the clothes and walked into the bathroom. Ellie did my hair in a high sock bun. And she did my makeup and she handed me some jewelry that was on my vanity. She found a pair of Steve Madden wedges in my closet and demanded I wear them
“Damn I do good makeovers” She smiled. I couldn’t bear to tell her that this is how I dress all the time. She finished getting ready and we walked across the street at 8:30. The party seemed to be in full swing.