Letters for Muscles

February 24

My Dearest Muscles,

I had a nightmare tonight. I woke up scared. Something’s very wrong when you aren’t here, and every little thing seems like the end of the world. I hear noises, most of the time they’re just in my head, but everything’s magnified because I’m alone. It feels like that time we watched that scary movie, and you know how you explained to me that they use that weird music to intensify the moment? That’s what everything felt like.

It sounded like a loud banging sound. Winston didn’t hear it though. That made things a little bit better. I suppose it’s best you won’t really know any of this, since you don’t need anymore stress. I was just terrified, and I really needed you. Even so, you’ve prepared me well for situations like this.

I was glad to wake up this morning, since I didn’t think I was going to sleep. I was going to make coffee and cereal, but then I didn’t know if I felt very hungry. I just drank the coffee.

Chandler ordered pizza for everyone tonight. He’s really taking care of us all down here. It’s his way of protecting us, and I’m very thankful. In a way, I feel like keeping us safe helps keep you safe. It sounds ludicrous, but I find it comforting. I’m thankful for the time we’ve hand together, and all the time we’ll have when you’re home. I’m thankful for everyone being in good health, thankful for for my new home, my new friends, my new family. I’m thankful for all the great moments and lessons.

I appreciate it all so much. I wouldn’t have it without you, babe.

Yours Lovingly,
Blondie