Status: I own none of the Avengers franchise. I only own Max and my own ideas

My Brother? He's a Playboy, Billionaire, Genius, and a Philanthropist. He's Iron Man.....

Recruiting a few people

Later on the next day, after I had patched myself up, and I had tried to shake last night’s events from my head, Nick Fury asked me to go see someone called Steve Rogers about an assignment. I drove to New York to find a man with brownish-blondish hair, at a gym. I guessed that he was Steve Rogers…erm…Captain Rogers… He was destroying a few punching bags. "Trouble sleeping?" I asked, with a small smile on my face.

"I've slept for 70 years mam', I think I've had my fill." Steve said, hitting the punching bag once more.

"Then you should be out. Celebrating. Seeing the world." I smiled.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“Saoirse Blair…” I answered.
"When I went under, we were at war. When I woke up, they say we won, but they didn't say what we lost." He said, taking the tape off his fingers.

I felt bad for him, he had suffered so much. “Well, we made a few mistakes along the way. Some very recently…”

"You here with a mission Miss Blair?" I smiled.

"I am."

"Trying to get me back in the world?"

"Trying to save it." I said, handing him a file, about the Tesseract, he sat down. I sat across him.

"Hydra's secret weapon...” He muttered.

"Who took it from you?" He asked, as he handed the file back to me.

"He's called Loki. He’s not from around here...” I said.

“There’s a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in. The world's gotten even stranger than you already know...” I continued.

"At this point I doubt anything would surprise me." He said, standing up and walking over to his bag.
"10 bucks says you're wrong." I smiled, and then I continued.

"There's a de-briefing packet waiting for you back at your apartment if you're in." I said, as he picked up the punching bag.

"Is there anything about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?" I asked.

"You should've left it in the ocean." He said, walking out.

I sighed, but I knew he was right. I followed him out, and I drove him to the helicopter pad.
Agent Coulsen was there waiting for us. We boarded, and I leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes, and all I could think about was that flashback I had when I was knocked out. I could hear Emily’s screams, as if she was right beside me, screaming in my ear. I could smell the medicine from the needles. I could hear Doctor Maxwell’s hand smacking against my cage bars, and I could feel the pain of the stitches when they implanted the wings in me. I felt myself shudder.

“Miss Blair…” I heard Steve say.

“Hm…” I said, absentmindedly.

“Are you alright?” He asked, sounding a bit concerned.

“I…I’m just a bit…”

I couldn’t find the words to say. Steve took my arm, and he sat me down beside him. Steve began watching a video about Dr. Bruce Banner or as he's known to be the Hulk, or as he calls the Hulk, the Other Guy.

I zoned out for most of their conversation, but I heard, "It's an honor to meet you. Officially." Steve smiled.

"Well, I sort of met you, I watched you while you were sleeping." Steve's smile faltered a little, I smiled.

"I mean... I was present when you were unconscious from the ice...” Coulson corrected.

Steve looked at me, I gave a look saying, "He means well...” Steve smiled. He stood up, and walked over to the front of the helicopter.

"You know it's...It’s just an honor to have you onboard." Coulson said, smiling.

"Well. I hope I'm the man for the job."

"Oh you are...” Coulson said, reassuringly. "We made some modifications to the outfit, I had some design input."

"The uniform? What the stars and stripes at little……old-fashioned...” Steve said, a bit insulted.

"With all that's going on, what's about to come to light...people could just use a little old-fashioned." Coulson said, seriously.

Finally, we reached the base. Coulson, Steve and I walked outside, and we were greeted by... Nat! I was so happy to see her, and I could tell that she was happy to see me.

"Agent Romanoff... This is Captain Rogers."

"Mam." Steve said,

"Hi." Nat said, plainly.

"You're needed on the bridge, there about to start phase trays...” She said, to Coulson. Coulson nodded and left us.

"It was quite the buzz around here. Finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was going to swoon..." Nat smiled, as she walked with Steve and I.

"Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards?" I laughed.

"Trading Cards?" Steve asked.

"They're a vintage set. He's very proud." We had reached Dr. Banner who was examining everything.

"Dr. Banner." Steve said, to Banner, holding out his hand. Bruce turned around, he looked tired and worn.

"Oh. Hi...” He said, as he shook Steve's hand.

"They told me that you coming, this is probably a bit strange...” He said, gesturing to the scene around.

"Seeing all this." Steve smiled.

"Actually, this is kinda familiar...” Just then, Coulson spoke to Nat and I through our earpieces.

"Boys, you're going to want to step inside, it's going to get a little hard to breathe...” Nat smiled. Just then, the sounds of them changing the base, into the Helicarrier came on.

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asked in wonder, walking over to the edge of the base.

"Really? They want me in a submerged metal pressurized container?" Bruce asked. I laughed as I followed them. They got to the edge, and they saw that it wasn't becoming a submarine.

"No, no this is much worse...” Bruce said, smiling. I laughed.

They followed Nat and I inside. Nat turned around and smiled at Steve and Bruce, as they looked around in wonder. As soon as they set up the reflector shields. Fury turned to Nat, Steve, Bruce and I.

"Gentlemen...” He said, referring to Steve and Bruce.

"Ladies...” He said, to myself and Nat. Steve walked past me, dug into his leather jacket pocket, got out a roll of bills, and handed me a 10 dollar bill. I smiled, and took the bill from him, and pocketed it. Nat looked at me in confusion; I gave her a look, saying that I would explain later. I saw Nat kneel beside the scanner they were using to find Clint. She switched it from the footage they have of Clint, Nat and I fighting side by side.

They were nowhere close to finding Clint, her facial expression saddened slightly. I saw that it did, and I knelt beside her, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Doctor thank you for coming." Fury smiled, sticking his hand out for Bruce. Bruce hesitated, and then he shook Fury's hand.

"Thanks for asking nicely. How long am I staying for?"

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract." Fury answered.

"How far are you with that?" Bruce asked.

"We're sweeping every wiressly accessible camera on the planet." Coulson answered, crossing his arms. Steve looked amazed, and stunned.

“Cameras, cell phones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

"It's still not going to find them in time...” I said, looking up. Nat nodded in approval

"How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asked, taking his jacket off.

"How many are there?" Fury asked, crossing his arms.

"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof, and get them to calibrate them for Gamma Rays... Do you have a place for me to work?"

"Agent Romanoff, show Dr. Banner to his lab." Nat smiled at me, before getting up.

"You're going to love it Doc, we got all the toys...’ She said, as she walked out with Banner. I laughed. He and Tony were so much alike.

As Natasha walked out with Banner, one of S.H.I.E.L.D's Agents called from a computer. "We've got a hit! Cross Match 69% No wait cross match again...77%"

"Location?" Coulson asked, walking over to the monitor.

"Stuttgart, Germany."

"He isn't exactly hiding...” Cap said. I nodded in agreement.

"Cap…Fang…you're up…” Cap sighed. We walked out together.

"You ready for this Cap?" I asked, before we went our separate ways.

"A little, it's been awhile since I put the suit on…” I smiled,

"Well it won't be the last time…”