Status: I own none of the Avengers franchise. I only own Max and my own ideas

My Brother? He's a Playboy, Billionaire, Genius, and a Philanthropist. He's Iron Man.....

A few months later....

It’s been a few months since Clint and I had been assigned this project, and believe me, it was kinda boring. The good thing was that, whenever my wings cramped up, I was allowed to fly around for a bit. The Tesseract was creeping me out. It would suddenly spark, and then it would be fine. Dr. Selvig had asked me to take a look at it. I looked at it, and it set off the weird vibe to me, but I could not answer his question. He understood, and he did not blame me.

One evening, Agent Coulsen called me down and he told me that Director Fury was coming. I nodded, and I walked out with him. Coulsen was very fatherly to me, and I solely appreciated it, and I had great respect for him.

A few minutes later, Fury’s jet had landed, and he walked out with Agent Maria Hill. She was badass, not as badass as Natasha, but still pretty badass, I have to admit. She did seem motherly, but I saw her more like a friend.

"How bad is it?" Nick asked my father, while Agent Hill stood by anxiously, waiting for what Agent Coulsen was about to say.

“That’s the thing sir... We don't know...”
Even though I was stuck here, with the Tesseract for a few months, his words stil scared me, because we didn't know how dangerous the tesseract could be. Underground, on the way to the laboratory, Coulson filled Agent Hill, and Fury on what was going on.

"Selvig was running tests on the Tesseract."

"Selvig wasn't given permission to be running tests...”

"He wasn't... He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event...”

"You mean it just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked, in utter disbelief.

"What are the energy levels at now?" Fury asked.

"When Selvig couldn't lock it down, we ordered evac." Coulson answered

"How long before we're all clear?"

"About 30 minutes."

"Do better…" Fury said Coulson, knew he meant well. He nodded, before walking away.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile...” Hill, retorted as they were walking down to the laboratory.

"What should we tell them to go back to sleep?"

"Sir, with the Tesseract climbing, there might not be a minimum safe distance...”

"Hill, I want every prototype of Phase 2 on the next truck and gone."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill asked, in shock.

"Until there is such a time that world ends, we will treat it like it is…"

"Yes sir," Hill said, sounding defeated.

"You 2...with me…" She said, to 2 nearby soldiers. They followed her out.
Nick, and I went into the laboratory, and walked up to Doctor Erik Selvig, and Fury said.

"Talk to me Doctor."

"Director..." Erik said, cautiously.

"The tesseract is misbehaving."

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asked, clearly not amused. But Selvig was being serious.

"She's not only active, but she's behaving."

"Have you pulled the plug?"

"She's a power source, when we turn the power off, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..."

"You're prepared for this Doctor... harnessing energy from space." I turned to look at the Tesseract. Once again, it was sending this weird aura.

“But we don’t have the harness. My calculations are far from complete, and she’s throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation…”

“That can be harmful…” Fury said. I knew what he was talking about. Dr. Bruce Banner. Gamma Radiation was what caused him to become the Hulk.

"Where's Agent Barton?" Nick asked.

"You mean the Hawk. Up in his nest as usual." Selvig said, pointing up to a hole in the wall. I looked up towards Barton's "nest” and I smiled.

"Agent Barton, report." Agent Barton slid down the rope, towards Fury and I. When he reached Nick and I, we began to walk.

"I gave you 2 this information, to keep an eye on things here." Fury said, to Clint and I.

"Sir, we see better from a distance...” Clint said, defending myself and him, which was true for both of us.

“No one's come or gone. There’s been no emails, no IM. And Selvig's clean." I added. We walked up to the machine that was connected to the Tesseract.

"Can you see anything that might shut this off?" Fury asked the both of us.

"Well if there's any tampering. It's not from this end." I said.

"This end?" Fury asked, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, well the Tesseract's a portal. It's a portal to the other end of space. Doors open from both sides." Clint added. I nodded.

"Doctor, it's spiking again." The female doctor called to Selvig. Selvig rushed over to the monitor. Just then, the Tesseract began to open the portal. Fury, Clint, and I were watching. I moved a bit closer to Clint, and he held onto my arm. Suddenly, a man appeared out of the portal. He had this look on his face that made me squirm.

"Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury, yelled over to him. The man seemed strangely familiar to me, even though this was the first time, that I had ever seen him. He looked at his spear then, looked back at Fury. Taking aim, he fired at Fury, Clint, and I. Fury jumped out of the way. Clint grabbed me and covering my body with his, we jumped out of the way. The blast hit a group. A piece of machinery had trapped my wing under it. I groaned. I grabbed the piece of steel, and I somehow managed to lift it off my wing. Clint just stared at me.

“I have no idea.” Was all I could say, before shots of the Tesseract continued to fire near us. A blast came close to the both of us, which made us go flying. I landed on my back, and I shakily stood up. I saw Loki walk over to me, with his spear pointed at me. He looked in my eyes, before smiling. Clint had stood up, and was watching the man and I.

He took a step towards us, with his gun in his hand. I turned to see him. There was a hint of fear in his eyes, but I gave him a look saying that I was okay. He saw where my gaze went, and smiled evilly. He walked over to Clint, who was still a bit dazed.

Loki hit his hand away with his spear, Clint flinched in pain. His gaze went down to me; I was wincing as Loki shifted more of his weight onto my chest.

"You have heart...” Loki said, to Clint. Pointing, his spear at Clint's chest. A blue light went through Clint, it was Loki consuming his mind, and, heart. Clint's normal brown eyes turned a bright blue.
Loki had succeeded in taking over his mind. He put his gun back in his holster. Fury was looking at Clint, like he was crazy. Loki went over to another S.H.I.E.L.D Agent and took over his mind as well. Fury took the Tesseract out of the holder, and put it in a briefcase, and got up, and turned to leave.

"Please don’t...” Loki said, calmly. Fury tensed up, the briefcase, encased in his tight grasp.

"I still need that...” Loki said, turning around to face Fury.

"This doesn’t have to get any worse...” Fury continued.

"It does, I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki. Of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"Loki? Brother of Thor?"

"We have no quarrel with your people...” Fury said, trying to reason with Loki.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot." Loki retorted, with a sly look on his face.

"Are you planning to step on us?" Fury asked.

"But I come with glad tidings, of a world made free."

"Free from what?"

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that in your heart...” He turns to Selvig, and puts the tip of his spear to his chest, and just like Clint his mind was now in Loki's control, and continued.

"You will know peace."

"You talk about peace; I kinda think you mean the other thing."

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling... This place is going blow, drop 100 feet of rock on us.” Clint looks up at the ceiling, and back to Fury.

"He means to bury us."

"Like a dead man at a burial." By now, I had gotten up, and was making my way towards them.

"He's right, the portal is collapsing on itself, we've probably got about 2 minutes before this goes critical."

"Well...” Loki said, as Clint shot Fury in the chest. Fury fell back; Clint grabbed the case, and handed it to Selvig.

"Follow them, Blair!"

"But sir…"

"That's an order Blair!"

"Yes sir…” I said, before running out.

I caught up with them, "Hill...Hill...Do you copy?" Hill was receiving a broken up, message from Fury as soon as I had shown up.

"Barton....has turned." As soon as Clint heard that message he turned around at fired at Hill and I. We both dove out the range of fire, and began firing at the ATV that Clint, Selvig, the other S.H.I.E.L.D agent, and Loki had gotten into. Hill and I jumped into the nearest ATV and sped after them. The town crumbled around us, before it had fully collapsed on the both of us. We sat in darkness for a few moments, registering what had just happened.

“Hill? Is Agent Blair with you?”

“Yes sir. A lot of men still under. Don’t know how many survivors.” “Sound a general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase…”

“Roger that…” Hill responded.

“Coulsen, get back to base. This is a level Seven. As of right now. We are at war…” Maria and I both looked ahead of us, where we could see a small bit of light. Fury’s words still rang through my head.

As of right now. We are at war…