‹ Prequel: Royal Blood
Status: Third part.

Young Blood

Stares

Nichole
I walk into the living room to see someone that I have never met before. She has a small frame and light brown hair. She stares at Danny closely, and it bothers me. "Who are you?" I ask, calling her attention to me.

"I'm Claire, the clan queen of the Ice Clan," she answers. Her voice is light and full of nerves. She's nervous to be in presence. "Diona brought me here. I wanted to congratulate you on becoming the Royal queen and pregnant."

"Thank you, Claire, but I don't see Diona," I reply, looking over at Danny for a split second.

"She went to go look for you," Danny informs me. He moves to sit down on the couch, offering me the spot next to him.

Claire sits down on chair next to the couch. Her hands are placed neatly in her lap. Her body is tense, and she looks around nervously. I'm surprised that she is a queen. She seems to be so frightened of being in my presence, and I don't know what is up with her. Her eyes dart to Danny every now and then.

"Claire, are you scared of me?" I ask. I have to admit that I don't like that she is looking at Danny. It is getting annoying.

"I'm just shy," she answers. "I'm usually surrounded by my clan, but Diona told me that they should stay behind when I first met you."

Just then Diona walks into the room. She looks at me. "I should have known that Danny would have just called her into the room," she says, shaking her head.

Danny doesn't say anything. He just smiles at the brunette and tries to ignore the stares coming from the new girl. The more she does it; the more irritated that I get. When I try to get her attention, she only gives it to me for short periods of time.

"Would you stop staring at Danny?" I ask, annoyance laced through my voice.

Her grey eyes look at me. "I'm sorry," she mutters. "I didn't even know that I was."

I rolled my eyes. "Is there a reason as to why you are staring at him?"

"Nichole, please. She isn't here because of him," Diona jumps in. "She's just nervous."

"That may be so, Diona, but Claire is stepping over the line when it comes to staring at clan members. Nichole already had to deal with a clan member being taken from her. She isn't going to let it happen again," Cain points out, stepping into the room.

Diona sighs. She knew that this wasn't something that she was going to win. I stare at Claire, waiting for her to answer.

"I've met him a long time ago, and I have always wanted him in my clan. I'm sorry. I should have controlled myself better. I wasn't trying to threaten you. If he doesn't want to join my clan, I won't force him," she explains.

"You came here to congratulate me which you said, and I suggest that you leave. Go back your clan," I inform her. "Diona, please go with her."

With that they both leave with smiles. I'm kind of annoyed that Diona brought her here, but I don't know if she knew about it or not. Maybe she didn't know, and Claire just wanted an excuse to see Danny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I hope that you are enjoying this. Tell me what you think. ♥