Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter One

There is supposed to be nothing stronger than a family bond. Whoever said that didn’t live in a time where if hurting your family made you cool and part of the popular crowed well screw family. Maybe I should start from the beginning my name is Aria and this is my story.

Chapter 1
“Cole, get your ass out of bed now and try not to dress gay and embarrass us again.” This is what I woke up to Monday morning. Why can’t they just accept him and leave him alone. “Aria get up its time for our first day of high school at the new school” says Nick.

“I’m up and leave Cole alone!” I hear a bunch of mumbles.

10 minutes later I am out of the shower and standing in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear. “Cole, come help me pick out what to wear please” I say.

“Coming” he says just loud enough for me to hear. I hear the door open so I turn around and look to see him enter and he’s wearing one of the outfits I bought him over the weekend.

“Wow someone is looking sexy for school” I say while smiling at him.

He looks at me smiles and says” It’s all thanks to my favorite sister.”

“I’m your only sister dork” I laugh. “Help me pick out my outfit I don’t know if I should wear my Hollywood Undead shirt or my San Jose Sharks shirt with my black skinnies.”

“Save your Sharks shirt till Friday when the first preseason game is.”

“See this is why I ask you for help” I say as he laughs at me. After getting dressed we head down stairs to meet the rest of our brothers so we can walk to school.

You are probably wondering how many of us are there. Well there are 7 of us. Seth, Nick, and I are triplets, Travis and Cole are twins, and Carter and Trent are twins. We were born to 3 different families on the same day. Seth, Travis, & Carter were born first 5 minutes later came Nick, Cole, & Trent and last but not least came me; our families were best friends. I say were as in past tense because our mothers died after child birth due to loss of blood so that left us with just our fathers and then our fathers disappeared on our 7th birthday. Now our 7th birthday was a major thing for us because we are not regular humans we are a mix of things humans believe are myths. Trent and Carter are a half vampire and half werewolf hybrid, Cole and Travis are a half werecat and demon hybrid, and Seth, Nick, and I are a quarter vampire, quarter demon, and half shape shifter hybrid. Now the difference between being just a werecat or werewolf and being a shape shifter is a shape shifter can change into multiple animals. Our 7th birthday was the day of our changes meaning we all shifted for the first time and came into some other special gifts I’ll tell you about a little later. Anyways like I was saying we shifted for the first time it was the most painful thing we had ever been through all our bones were breaking and reassembling themselves. After the shift we spent a little time running around in our other forms Nick’s main animal is a lion, Seth’s main animal is a large black with blue tint wolf, Carter is a large dark brown wolf, Trent is a large blonde wolf, Travis is a large leopard, Cole is a large panther, and my main animal is a medium sized white tiger or medium sized white wolf I am smaller than male shifters but larger than all female shifters and I am also always white no matter what animal I chose to shift into. Yeah that’s right I am the odd ball but hey that just means I’m special.

“Aria have you been listing to anything we have been saying” asks Seth.

“No sorry I was lost in my own head.”

“Well pay attention we were saying we want a chance to be popular at this school and this pack so you and Cole need to either pretend to be cool or stay away from us got it.”

“Yea I got it” I say while scrowling at my brother.

“Good now walk behind us so we aren’t seen together” Seth says while the others snicker.

“Why don’t you eat my dust brother” I say while I grab Cole’s arm and start running to the school so they can’t catch us. As we enter the school grounds the first thing we see are clicks.
“So typical” I whisper to Cole so only he can hear. Cole nods his head as we walk up to the front doors and into the office. Sitting behind the desk is an older lady, she reminds me of a grandma figure you know the kind that always smile and make you feel welcome well that’s her. I walk up to the front desk “Excuse me” I say.

She looks up at me and smiles “What can I do for you dear?”

“My brother and I are new students.”

“Names please” she says.

“Aria and Cole Santos”

“Thank you, aren’t there more of you starting today” she asks.

“Yes but they want to seem cool so they don’t want to be seen with us you know how it is.” She laughs as she prints out all our time tables and locker combinations.

“Here are yours and Cole’s timetables along with your locker combos and I have your other brothers printed also if you want to give it to them” she says.

“No thank you I’ll let them come get it themselves.”

“Thank you so much” Cole and I say in unison.
As we walk out of the office and head to our lockers we see that the others have already been welcomed into the popular crowed and already have girls all over them. Puke!!! As we walk by we hear some of the girls say “He’s cute what is he doing with that bitch?” while we hear the guys say “She’s hot why is she with that loser?”

Then we hear Carter answer “Well he’s gay and she is a bitch so I guess they complement each other.” As we get just out of ear shot they all snicker.

“At least we aren’t fake” I tell Cole loud enough that they can hear me as well.

All snickering stops and the head plastic Barbie bitch says “what was that skank?”

I freeze in my tracks take a deep breath and turn around. Everyone in the hallway stops to see what is going on. “You heard me bitch I said “At least we aren’t fake” you might want to get your hearing checked.”

Head Barbie’s face turns tomato red as she stares me down and says “bitch you have no idea who you are messing with.”

Returning her stare I answer “neither do you so I suggest you stay out of our way.”
We stand in the hallway staring each other down and she is the first to drop her eyes. I smirk and turn to Cole “come on lets go to class.” I turn back around as I hear Cole whimper. I see him staring at one of the popular guys who is making out with girl and staring back at Cole. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that they are mates but it looks like the other guy is still in the closet. My heart breaks as I take Cole by the hand and lead him to our first class.
We walk into class and take two seats in the back and as soon as we sit down we can hear our brothers yelling at us in our heads. That’s another thing about us we can all communicate with each other in our minds. I scream in my head Shut up and leave us alone your nothing but a bunch of stuck up babies who only care about themselves and being popular when you grow a pair of balls and want to be a family again then come talk to us. After that I put up my walls and block everyone but Cole out and he does the same. I lean over and ask him “are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m ok it hurts but as long as I have you I can get through it.”

I smile and say “you will always have me brother, sempre e per sempre.”

He smiles and squeezes my hand and then turns to face the front as the teacher comes in the classroom. The rest of the morning is pretty much the same.
Its lunch time and I packed our lunches so we don’t have to go into the cafeteria and run into anyone we don’t want to, so we decide to find our next class which is music and eat lunch in there if we are aloud. As we get closer to the room we hear music playing and peak in to see a man in his early 30’s and three other people around the same age playing instruments. We knock on the door and they stop playing.

“Come in” says one of the guys. As we walk in he asks “can I help you?”

“We are new here and this is our next class we were wondering if we could eat our lunch in here we won’t disturb you we promise” I say.

The guy playing the guitar says “sure I am Mr. Taylor the music teacher, you can eat in here if you clean up your mess after you’re done.”

“Thank you Mr. Taylor we will clean up we promise” says Cole.

“What are your names” he asks.

“I’m Cole and this is my sister Aria” Cole answers.

“It’s nice to meet you both.”

“Do you guys play any instruments” the drummer asks.

“Paul don’t be rude, let the kids eat” Mr. Taylor says to the drummer.

“It’s ok I play the piano and sing and Cole plays both bass and electric guitar” I say the group of guys on the stage.

“That’s cool” says Paul.

As we start to eat we turn to each other and start having a conversation in our heads.
We then hear Mr. Taylor say “how rude of me I didn’t introduce you to the others, the guy on drums is Paul but at school he is Mr. Mahan the P.E. teacher, on guitar is Mark or Mr. Smith the junior class English teacher, and on bass is Trevor or Mr. James the sophomore algebra teacher.”

“We have Mr. James for 4th period algebra and we have Mr. Mahan 6th period for P.E. it looks like” Cole says.

“That’s cool I’ll have you guys 6th period for P.E. this week we are playing volleyball” says Mr. Mahan.

“Sweet” we say in unison. All the guys on the stage laugh.

“What” we say together again.

“Do you guys always do that” asks Mr. Smith.

“Do what” we say.

“That freaky twin thing where you answer together or speak at the same time” answers Mr. James.

“Oh that yeah we do it a lot” I answer.

“You should hear us when all seven of us are together and we all answer questions at the same time with the same answers or when we all finish each other’s sentences it’s pretty funny” says Cole.

We look at the stage to see all their mouths hanging open. “There are seven of you” says Mr. Taylor.

“Yeah Seth, Nick, Carter, Travis, Trent, Cole, and I” I answer.

“You’re the only girl, wow you must be spoiled” says Mr. Mahan.

“Not really” I answer vaguely. Nobody can know it’s just the seven of us with no parents.
After that the rest of lunch went by quickly we finished eating and threw away our garbage and got ready for class. As we watched people come into class we saw some popular kids come in pushing a girl making her drop all her things. I get up and go over to help her. As I pass the popular kids I notice my brothers are with them. As I walk by I mug them, and then bend down to help the girl with her stuff. As I hand her, her things I say “hi I’m Aria.”
She smiles and says “thank you I’m Jade.”

“Do you wanna come sit with me and brother we are new here” I say.

Her smile drops as she says “you shouldn’t hang out with me all the popular kids will pick on you if you do.”

I frown and say “I don’t care what they do and neither does Cole so you are coming to sit with us and that is that.”

She smiles a little and nods her head ok. We make our way back to the table and Barbie bitch sticks out her leg to trip us. When I am close enough I kick her leg and she yelps.

Mr. Taylor looks up and says “what’s the problem?”

“She kicked me” says Barbie.

“Is this true Aria” he asks as he looks at me.

“Yes and before you ask why her leg was in the isle and if I would have kept walking she would have tripped me” I say.

“Now Aria apologize to Victoria and Victoria keep your legs out of the isle and you won’t be kicked” he says.

“Sorry Victoria” I say sweetly with an innocent smile. She just glares at me and turns around. We walk back to the table and the three of us start laughing.

“Jade this is my brother Cole, Cole this is Jade our new best friend” I introduce them. Cole smiles at her as she whispers a “hi”.

“We are gonna be the three musketeers I can tell” I say to the both of them. We all smile and turn to face the front of the class. After class we all realize we have P.E. together.

“This is gonna be awesome” I say as they laugh at me. “Meet you in the gym brother” I say to Cole.

“See you two there” he says back.

We go into the changing rooms and I tell Jade “let’s hurry up and change and get out of here.”
She nods and we change quickly and walk out. As we are waiting for Cole I take a good look at Jade. She is very pretty she has light tan skin, dark brown hair and light golden brown eyes, she is taller than me maybe 5’6 or 5’7 and she is skinny not anorexic skinny but like work out skinny.
“How come everyone picks on you, you are very pretty” I ask her.

She looks at me and says “I am the runt of my….” She stops and I realize I smell human so she doesn’t know I’m a shifter.

“I am a shape shifter as well you know so are Cole and the other new guys” I tell her.

She looks at me shocked “but you smell human.”

“I know and we don’t know why we are that way we just are.”

“Well to answer your question then I’m the runt of the pack my wolf is smaller than all the other she wolves” she says while looking at her shoes.

“That shouldn’t matter but I guess all packs will have their clicks its life.”

“Yeah I guess” she replies.

Just then Cole comes out of the boy’s locker room looking pissed and hurt still dressed in his school clothes and not his P.E. clothes.

“What happened” I say as I jump up and run to him.

“They told everyone I was gay” he says looking broken. “I thought I could go at least a few days before they started making my life a hell here they already wrote all over my p.e. locker and have all the other kids making fun of me cause they wanna be in with the ‘popular’ crowd.”

“Omg I am soooo sorry brother I know it doesn’t make it any better but you still have me” I whisper as I hug him.

“And me” Jade smiles at him and hugs him with me making him put one arm around me and one around Jade.

“Thanks ladies” he smiles. I might not be able to fix everything but I will try to make him as happy as I can. See we can also feel each other’s feelings like when one of us is in danger or any feeling if we allow it it’s like that with all seven of us. Cole and I have learned to block out the others because if we didn’t they would also use those against us too we know from experience. P.E. went alright after that Mr. Mahan was funny but he also let us play freely as long as we played volleyball. After P.E. Cole waited outside the girl’s locker room for us to change clothes while listening to his iPod.

“Hey you want to come over to our house now we could all do our homework together” I say to Jade.

“Sure I don’t have anything else to do.”

As we are changing Cole projects into my head the conversation he is having with someone. “You cannot be my mate there is no way that you’re my mate I’m not gay I have a girlfriend” says the guy.

“Well I am which means you’re still in the closet and don’t want to admit it.”

“Well you’re not my mate and I’m not gay because Sam Carver future alpha of the Blood Stone pack is not and cannot be gay” the guy I now know is Sam says. “And if you ever tell anyone I will make your life hell do you understand?”

“Crystal clear” Cole says through clenched teeth.

“Good now get out of my way I have a make out date with Britney or Briella whatever her name is” Sam says.

As the conversation ends I can feel Cole’s heart breaking and it feels like it’s my own. I finish changing as fast as I can and run out to Cole leaving Jade rushing behind me to keep up. I get to Cole he looks at me with broken eyes and falls into my arms. I don’t know what to say because everything just seems wrong so I sit there and just hold him. After a few minutes Jade asks “who wants to go for a milkshake I know the perfect place and I always feel a little better when I have a chocolate milkshake.”

Cole looks up and with a half-smile says “that sounds good.” So we grab out things and let Jade lead the way. We get to the little diner about 5 minutes later. It looks like a mom and pop type place. We walk in and Jade leads us to her usual table and we all sit down. “Hey Jade, looks like you have some friends finally” says a heavy set waitress named Tiffany.

“Is that supposed to be an insult” I growl out. I don’t know why but I have become feeling very protective over Jade.

“No of course not I-I-I jussst thought I’d never see the day she would have friends” Tiffany stammers.

“Well she does and all three of us would like chocolate milkshakes” Cole says with a little force behind his words.

“Right away” she says as she scurries to make the drinks.

I look at Cole and say “I hate being the bully I feel like a hypocrite but I can’t stand when people do it and think they are better than everyone else and think they can get away with it.”

“I feel the same way sis and I don’t know why but I feel protective over Jade like I feel protective over you” Cole says.

“I feel the same way it’s like she is meant to be with us.” We look at Jade and she looks like she is about to cry.

“What’s wrong did we say something to upset you” Cole asks worriedly.

“No I’ve just never had friends or anyone care like you two do my parents don’t even treat me like that they think I’m a disgrace because I’m the runt” she cries.

I get up and move next to her squishing her between Cole and I. “Well now you do the three of us have each other” I say looking back and forth between her and Cole who both nod and we hug as Tiffany brings us our milkshakes. I go back to my side of the table and we drink our milkshakes. We pay and leave to go to the house.

“Hey Jade you think you could stay the night we could have a sleep over” I ask.

“That would be great.”

“Don’t you have to ask your parents” Cole says.

“No, no one will notice like I said they really don’t care.”

“Well I want to meet these people tomorrow cause tonight you will learn more about us and then tomorrow we can learn more about you” I say.

She thinks about it then says “deal.” We all smile and walk to our house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this story is unedited at the moment.