Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Seventeen

Alex’s POV:

In front of me I see all the guys standing around the girls protectively. I see some of the guys have cuts on them and that’s the blood I am smelling.

“Hey Aria you remember what you did that night in the alley” Nick asks her.

“Yeah I can try to do it again” she replies. What are they talking about the only way to get rid of these rouge demons is with fire. Trying to think of something my head snaps to Aria as she yells “GET DOWN!”

I look at her hands and notice they are on fire. What the hell I think my mind racing. She throws a fireball at the attacking rouges and they burn instantly. She does the same with the rest of them and after about 10 minutes everything is over. I look at Aria and her hands are still covered in flames. Nick and Cole pull away from their mates and rush over to her. After they reach her they try to calm her but it’s not working. I force myself to walk over to her and pull her to me wrapping my arms around her. I whisper soothing words and I see the fire disappear. I pick her up bridal style and walk into my room shutting the door behind us.

“Just let them be” I hear Max say from the other side of the door. As I reach the bed I lay Aria down and she turns over and faces the wall. I hear her crying though she is trying to hide it and it breaks my heart.

“Princess it will be ok” I try to comfort her.

“For you maybe but for me it won’t. Who is going to want a mate that is a freak? Who is going to want a mate that is a quarter vampire, a quarter demon, and half a shape shifter? Tell me who Alex” she says crying even harder. Before I could answer the door is busted open and Cole runs in picking her up and sitting her on his lap. I watch in envy as he rocks her and plays with her hair while cooing soothing words to her. Not being able to watch anymore I walk over to her and kiss the top of her head. I look at Cole and tell him I’m going to make a phone call. He nods his head and goes back to comforting Aria.

I walk out of the room and go up to the roof calling Xavier.

“What’s wrong” he answers after the first ring.

“It’s Aria, dude she can create fire not just manipulate it” I say still reeling from the previous events.

“What do you mean create fire” he asks unbelieving.

“I mean when we got back to the hotel there were rouge demons attacking her pack and Nick asked her if she remembered what she did in the alley she said yes. The next thing I know is her hands are covered in flames and she is taking out the demons like they were flies” I explain.

“How is that possible? Wait why aren’t you with her now” he asks getting angry with me.

“Cole is with her after what happened I carried her to the room and she started crying. I was heart breaking she asked me who would want a freak as a mate, who would want a quarter vampire, a quarter demon, and half shape shifter as a mate? God it was heartbreaking Xav” I say frustrated with myself because I can’t do anything. On the other side I hear Xavier growling.

“How could she think we don’t want her that’s just stupid and before you say it who cares what our parents and the Counsel will say, she is our mate and we both want her. I will meet you in Oregon tomorrow and we will explain everything to her then okay.”

“Alright I will see you tomorrow be careful. Oh and Xav bring that betrothed of yours” I say smirking.

“Fine I will bring her and you don’t leave our mates side again got it” he says.

“Yes sir” I say jokingly and hang up. As I hang up I hear the door open and see Crissy standing there.

“Aria is asking for you” she says. I nod and walk to go be with my mate.

As I get to our floor I walk out with Crissy right behind me. I walk into our room and see that everyone has crammed themselves on our bed. Aria is in between Cole and Nick with Sam in between Cole’s legs, Jade laying with her head on Aria’s lap, Conner sitting with his back against Sam’s legs, Chad and Chase sitting on the floor with their backs to the bed looking out the door ready to defend everyone. Crissy walks by me and goes to pull Nick up but he just pulls her to him and stays in his place by Aria. Crissy looks at me not knowing what to do. I walk over and Nick stands up letting me sit next to Aria but instead Aria sits in my lap making me scoot next to Cole. Jade puts her head back and Nick takes his spot back. After we are all settled Chad and Chase clime on the bed filling the empty spaces. I look around and think they are not just a pack but a family and smile knowing my mate helped create this family.

ARIA’S POV:

After everyone is situated on the bed I cuddle into Alex and play with Jade’s hair. Slowly I start to drift asleep but before I can I ask everyone “what time is it?”

“It is 5:30” Chad answers. I jump up causing Jade’s head to hit my knee.

“Sorry Jade but we need to get ready” I apologize to Jade while trying to wiggle out of Alex’s grip and off the bed.

“What are we getting ready for” Jade asks sounding tiered.

“The Sharks game DUH” I exclaim. With that Cole and Nick jump out of bed and take off running to their rooms leaving their mates behind. I wait to see how long it takes them to notice. Not two seconds later they come running back looking at their mates sheepishly. “Why don’t us girls go get ready together and you guys can get ready we will meet you in the lobby okay” I say finally wiggling out of Alex’s grip. As is stand up I can’t help but notice how I feel like I lost part of me when we are not touching. Hm weird I just shrug it off and grab Crissy and Jade by the hands so we can go get ready. “Oh and don’t forget to pack everything up our plane leaves at 4 in the morning so have everything ready.”

“Yes boss I hear all the guys say and I glare at them. They snicker and run to their rooms to get ready.

After the three of us take turns taking showers we start doing our hair. It’s about 7 and we are ready. I then remember the jerseys and run to Alex’s room to get the bag. I knock and he opens the door with wet hair and no shirt on. Oh my god I think I am in love and drooling. He has a 12 pack and all muscle.

“See something you like Princess” he asks as I sit there and stare openly at him.

“Um I just need the jerseys I say blushing and pushing past him grabbing the bag. Before I can make back to the door I am pushed up against the wall looking into his beautiful forest green eyes. He leans and kisses me and what starts as a slow innocent kiss heats up really fast. As he pulls away I can’t help but whimper I never felt like this with Max. He rests his forehead on mine.

“Go finish getting ready Princess so we can go” he says giving me one last kiss. As soon as there is enough space for me to get past him I rush out feeling my cheeks burning red.

“What took you so long” Jade asks smirking.

“Nothing” I lied.

“Sure” her and Crissy say laughing.

“Here these are your jerseys to wear tonight” I say tossing them the jerseys. Jade’s is a regular jersey like the rest of us but Crissy’s is the pink girly one. When we were at the store Alex told me she wouldn’t wear it unless it was pink and I actually cringed when I bought it. Pink jersey really, oh well. After we put on our jerseys we walk to the mirror to examin our outfits. Jade is in black skinny jeans, black spaghetti strap under her jersey and black Vans. Crissy is wearing a pink skirt with white leggings, a pink spaghetti strap under her pink and white jersey, and white ballet flats. Can you tell her favorite color is pink? I, on the other hand, am wearing black shorts, black spaghetti strap under my Couture jersey, with my black Vans. As we finish checking our outfits I grab the bag with the other jerseys and we walk to meet the boys in the lobby.

Walking into the lobby we look and see the guys surrounded by hoochies. Looking at each other we all come to the same thought. Walking over we push past the girls Jade grabs Conner and kisses him, Crissy does the same to Nick, and I, just going with my instincts, I walk over to Alex pulling him to me and crashing our lips together. He doesn’t think twice and puts his hands on my hips pulling me closer. Before we can get to carried away I pull back resting my forehead on his.

“Is some one jelouse” he asks smirking.

“Maybe but if you don’t want me I can always leave you with them and hang out with Chad and Chase” I say back.

“You will not leave me” he growls gripping my hips harder and pulling me closer to him.

“Time to go everyone” I say looking at the others. We all start to walk away when I look and see Max staring at a really pretty girl and his eyes look like they could burst with love. “Max found his mate” I say to everyone in a whisper.

“You mean his second chance mate his first one rejected him” Alex whispers to me. I look at him with wide eyes and he nods. “And I’m guessing he is also her second chance mate as well.”

“Hey would you like to go to the Sharks game with us” I ask pulling away from Alex.

“Oh I don’t have a ticket and I wouldn’t want to impose” she says.

“Oh you’re not imposing I am inviting you plus I had a feeling I would need another ticket so I have one and I have an extra jersey but its pink” I tell her.

“Well if you’re sure I’m not imposing I would like to go and get to know Max better” she whispers shyly.

“It’s not here is your jersey and I’m Aria by the way” I say smiling at her.

“Thanks and I’m Olivia” she says smiling at me and then looking back at Max. “If you don’t want me to go I won’t” she says looking at Max and I can see the pain she feels at being rejected.

“Of course I want you to come you are my second chance mate” he says smiling at her lovingly. I am internally jumping up and down doing a happy dance and I can see Jade is doing the same thing.

“Okay I’ll come” she says putting on her jersey and Max grabs her hand following the rest of us. I look at them and smile she is really pretty. She has red hair that is to the middle of her shoulder blades and she has bright green eyes that seem to glow around Max. I am so happy he found his second chance.

We get to the game and find our seats and enjoy the game. After the game, which we won 5-0, Shut-out!!! We all go back to the hotel. I call the airlines once back in Alex’s room using his cell phone to buy another ticket for Olivia seeing as she is now in this pack and coming with us.

“I have a feeling by morning they will be fully mated” I say to Alex.

“Yeah I think your right” he says looking at me with an emotion I can’t make out because it’s gone to fast. “Why don’t we go to sleep” he says crawling in bed and pulling me into him making me giggle.

Tomorrow will be last trip we take to reach our new home. I snuggle into Alex ready to get some rest for the big day we have ahead of us. Alex gives me a quick but sweet kiss before saying goodnight and falling asleep. I smile and sigh in content drifting off to sleep for a few hours.