Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Twenty-Five

Chase’s POV:

I sat back and watched Aria tell everyone off. I wish they would understand that sometimes people don’t want pity and to be smothered because it makes them feel worse. I guess I had zoned out because the next thing I know Aria is getting on the back of my bike. I don’t wait I start the bike and take off. I don’t know where we are going and I don’t think she really cared either as long as it was away from everyone else.

After about 20 minutes I saw a park just up ahead so I pulled over and we got of my bike. As we walked to a park bench that was away from everyone else she linked her arm with mine and put her head on my shoulder. I smile and put my head on top of hers. As we sit down she pulls out her phone and calls someone while I get lost in my own thoughts.

I think back to the day we met and I knew instantly that she was about to become something important in my life and she has. She has become my sister and best friend. There are things I’ve gone through that I would never tell anyone else but her. I think back to the day my mate chose her betrothed over me, I think about how my father told me I was nothing and my mate rejecting me proved it, and I think about my mother just watching and never stepping in. I look down at my wrist and think about all the times I cut to take the pain away but the stupid fast healing always took away the scars, just because you can’t see them on the surface doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I remember Makala, the girl who looked past everything and told me I was hurting her when I did what I did. The day I left was the day she found her mate and I had to let her go so she could be happy with someone who could give her everything I couldn’t. I don’t know how long I was lost because the next thing I know Aria’s small hand is on my wrist.

“How long” she asked and I knew what she was talking about.

“Since my mate rejected me. That’s when the beatings got worse and it made everything disappear for a little while. My mother wouldn’t do anything just watch. I had one person who cared back then and I stopped because she said I was hurting her also. She found her mate and I decided it was time to leave. So that’s what I did I left with Chad and we met up with Jack, Conner, and Max along the way” I say looking at her hand still on my wrist.

“You don’t do it anymore do you” she asked quietly.

“Not since we joined your pack. I couldn’t protect you if I couldn’t stop hurting myself” I whisper back.

“I don’t do it anymore either” she confesses. My head snapped up and I look at her in shock. “I didn’t start till after what happened with Peter freshman year. After what happened everything changed. I felt like I couldn’t trust any guy not even my brothers, I couldn’t talk to anyone. I mean yeah I started training at the local gym with the MMA fighters because I never wanted to feel vulnerable and useless again. I found a Pack in each town we lived in and would find someone to train me in wolf form as well. But none of that helped with the emotional pain. Then one by one my brothers started to pull away too. First it was Trent, then Travis, Carter, Seth, and Nick followed their lead. The only person I had left was Cole. He never once left my side. I don’t know what I would have done if I had been on my own completely. One day I was in the kitchen and I was using a knife and I sliced my hand and that was when I noticed it took away all the other pain. I would do it at night when my brothers were asleep and no one could hear my silent cries” she whispers the last part now looking at her own wrist. I look down and see 2 scars that I hadn’t noticed before and touched them lightly. “Those were the only 2 I cut deep enough that they scared and no one ever noticed except Cole. I don’t think to this day that the others even paid attention to them” she says still looking down.

“You have me now and I know Chad too. We will be by your side along with Cole no matter what” I tell her kissing the top of her head. I had no idea she was scared on the inside just like me. Like I said earlier just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean they aren’t there.

“You have me as well” she says looking up at me and kisses my cheek. “Come on I think I’m ready to face everyone. I’ll mind link them and tell them to meet us at the mall” she says standing up, pulling me with her, and linking our arms again. We get on my baby (my bike) and drive to the mall.

Aria’s POV:

As we walk back to his “baby” I open up my mind link to everyone.

‘We will meet everyone at the mall in front of a Starbucks’ I tell them and quickly put up my walls before anyone can say anything. Okay so call me chicken shit I don’t care I said I thought I was ready to face them not talk to them. We climb on and I hold onto Chase as he speeds down the street to the mall.

We arrive at the mall 15 minutes later and I jump off pulling Chase with me. “Hurry up I want coffee” I whine pulling him along. He laughs at me and picks up his pace. Finally walking in I see Starbucks and everyone waiting for us. I sigh and drop Chase’s arm. Before I can walk off he links my arm with his and walks us over to the group. As we get closer he veers off and walks us up to the counter to get our coffee.

‘I thought you could use coffee before being fed to the wolves. No pun intended’ he says through our link.

‘Thanks it’s just what I need’ I smile at him. I order my Venti Pumkin Spice Latte and Chase gets a Venti Carmel Frappuccino with extra Carmel. After we order and get our drinks I take a deep breath and we head over to the others. I’m glad they let us get our coffee with no interruptions.

Putting on my cheery face I say “whose ready to go shopping for clubbing clothes and school clothes because we start school on Monday.”

“Let’s go I think us girls are going to separate from the guys” Crissy says and I tense a little.

‘I’ll keep my link open’ Chase assures me.

‘Okay’

“Sounds like a plan. We will meet here at about 5:30 for dinner, then I need to go pick up my baby” I smile thinking about my car. With that said I grab Jade’s arm linking ours together and walk off. Crissy and Olivia get up and follow us linking arms with each other as well. I’m glad they have each other because they are both girly girl’s and Jade and I are not. I look at the time and see it is just after 2 so we have about 3 hours to shop. Lucky for us all the shops that Crissy and Olivia wanted to go in there was shop next to it for Jade and I.

“Okay here’s the plane you go in the store you want and we’ll go in the one we want and meet in the front to go to the next stores” I say and everyone nods. When Jade and I enter Hot-Topic I can finally talk to her.

“Hey Jade I’m sorry for not telling you I just never wanted to bring it up I wanted to forget and never have to remember” I say looking down at our shoes.

“I understand and I didn’t mean to make you more upset you forgive me” she asks.

“Only if you forgive me” we laugh and hug. I love my best friend. We buy a few things and walk out meeting up with Olivia and Crissy. We all go to a few more stores and in between joke and laugh with each other. Finally we all go into Fredrick’s and Victoria’s Secret. Hey I might not be intimate with my mates yet but that doesn’t mean I can’t feel sexy under my clothes. I look at my phone and its 5:20.

“Alright guys time to go meet up and eat I’m starving” I say and to make it clear my stomach rumbles.

‘How are you holding up’ Chase asks me.

‘Good I apologized to Jade and no one has brought it up. How is it with the guys’ I ask back.

‘I had to walk off with Chad they wouldn’t stop badgering me’

‘I am so sorry but thank you for not saying anything’

‘I would never. See you in a few’

‘Okay’

We walk and see the guys waiting for us and Chase is sitting off tuning them out. As we approach they haven’t noticed us which is wired I mean you would think they would sense us being mates and all. I listen and see that they all are trying to get Chase to talk and I smile he will never tell. Then Alex and Xavier do something that pisses me off.

“Chase you will tell us” Alex and Xavier say in unison using their power, which I notice is stronger than a normal Alpha but I shrug it off. I see Chase struggling to resists and he does keep fighting it.

“You will never talk to him like that again. He is respecting my wishes in not saying anything. You really think that going behind my back and asking other people about me is going to help you. Think again, if you wanna know something ask me don’t go trying to force someone else to tell you” I say through clenched teeth. “Now release him from that command.” They both let go and Chase hits the floor. Jade and I run over to him. “Are you okay I am so sorry” I say while Chad helps him up.

“It wasn’t your fault. And besides I will never give up your trust no matter how strong the command is" he whispers. “Now let’s go eat I’m starving” and his stomach growls making Jade and I laugh.

“Aria can we talk for a second” Alex asks standing next to Xavier.

“Go you need them and they need you. They just want to make sure you’re okay so forgive them” Chase says hugging me and then walks off with the others to get us a table at BJ’S Restaurant.

“What do you want” I say turning to them and crossing my arms over my chest.

“To say we are sorry we just wanted to know what is wrong” Xavier says rubbing the back of his neck.

“We didn’t mean to use our Alpha voices we just wanted to know what you two talked about because we are your mates and not being the ones to help you and fix whatever is wrong is frustrating” Alex says with pain in his eyes.

“Did it ever occur to you that I would come to you when I was ready, that maybe after I calmed down I would come to you wanting to be held and tell you everything. Besides you can't fix everything" I say looking at them with tears in my eyes but I hold them back not wanting to cry in front of them.

"We are sorry Princess we just wanted to be the ones to help you" Alex says pleadingly and showing his emotions in his eyes. I look over to Xavier and though he is standing there putting up his hard core front I can see the hurt and guilt in his eyes as well. I gave them both a small smile and walked over to them. They opened their arms and as soon as I was close enough wrap me in a nice warm loving hug. We stand there for a few minutes and then my stomach growls and my face turns red. They laugh and turn us around to go eat never breaking some type of contact and I can't help but smile.

We walk into the restaurant and find our group. As we sit down I notice that they had already ordered for us so I dig in and join the conversation. The whole hour we take to eat not once did anyone bring up earlier and for that I was greatful.

“You know I love you guys and all but I’ve already paid the bill so if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go get my baby from the shop” I say grabbing my phone.

“You want a ride” Chase asks.

“Hell yeah cause I sure as hell wasn’t about to walk” I say and everyone laughs.

“Well Conner can you take us to go pick up our cars as well” Xavier asks him.

“Yeah sure” he says shrugging.

“Okay well the hotel right around the corner has 2 rooms booked for us so we can all go get ready so we don’t have to drive all the way home and all the way back. So go get the keys and start getting ready and we will meet you there” I say. With that everyone is practically running and calling who gets showers first. I just shake my head and laugh.

“You sure you don’t want to ride with us and Conner” Alex asks looking hopeful.

“No I want to ride with my best friend and besides the Harley is awesome” I say giving him a quick peck and pulling back before he can deepen it. He pouts and I just smile and walk over to Xavier and give him a quick peck as well. As he tries to pull me back I run to Chase, grab him, and run out laughing.

“To the shop bestie” I shout and Chase laughs but starts the bike and we take off not noticing Conner’s car right behind us. As we pull up to the shop Conner pulls up next to us. I give them a skeptical look and they all throw their hands up.

“We didn’t follow you we swear. We just so happened to have brought our cars here yesterday” Xavier says.

“Okay”

“Alex, Xavier I see you two are here for your cars. Ah and I see you’ve come back for your baby as well” the shop guy says smiling at me and I smile back nodding my head.

Chase chuckles and says “I think she has been having with drawls.” I glare at him and he just gives me a cheeky smile.

“So Mike our cars are done” Xavier asks the guy. Mike suites him I think to myself.

“Yep all three cars are finished follow me” he says walking to the garage. As we walk in I cant help but gasp and Chase lets out a long whistle. My car looks amazing it’s the perfect shade of blood red and he even put some black accents on it. “So what do you think?”

“I love it” I say running my hand over the car. He got it perfect.

“You did an awesome job on our cars Mike” Xavier says coming over to hand him some money.

“Wait you’re the girl with the Audi” Alex asks me shocked looking at my car.

“Yep” I say popping the p. “Can I drive it now” I ask Mike holding my hand out for the keys. He laughs and tosses me the keys. “Meet you guys back at the hotel” I say jumping in my car and pulling out with Chase following me on his bike.

Xavier’s POV:

As I watch her drive off with Chase following her I’m glad she basically has a body guard. I turn back to Mike and pay him. “Thanks Mike if we ever need anything else we will come to you” I tell him and pull off in my now artic blue Camaro. Alex pulls up beside me in his crimson red Camaro.

‘Did you see Aria’s car’ Alex says.

‘Yeah our little minx likes speed’ I chuckle back and look over at him to see him smirking. We take off to the hotel to get ready. I can’t wait to have Aria dancing between us.

After we reach the hotel all they guys are out of the shower so Alex jumps in first and I jump in after. I notice that Alex and I are almost matching in what we are wearing. Alex is wearing a tight black shirt that shows off his muscles and dark jeans with black and white Nike’s while I on the other hand am wearing a white tight shirt that shows my muscles and dark blue jeans with my white and black Nike’s.

“The girls will meet us in the lobby in a minute” Cole says and we all make our way to the lobby to wait for our girls. After waiting for about 10 minutes the girls start coming down 2 at a time. First was Crissy and Olivia, they are both wearing white mini skirts and matching shirts except Crissy’s is pink and Olivia’s is yellow, and they have heels matching their shirts. I can’t help but think if Aria was wearing a skirt like that. I didn’t have to wait much longer because as soon as they reached the bottom Aria and Jade step around the corner. I take a quick look over at Conner and Alex and both of their mouths are open. I look back and Aria is wearing black leather short shorts with fishnet stockings, a blood red and black lace corset top, and black and red Nike’s. God this night is going to be torture I can already feel myself getting turned on and she only is walking down the stairs. As soon as she reaches the bottom Alex and I grab her and take turns kissing her and Conner does the same with Jade. After our mini make out session Aria smiles at the both of us.

“So what club are we going to” Sam asks.

“The karaoke club that is right down the street” Aria answers.

“Sweet” Cole says. With that we walk out of the hotel and walk to the club.