Status: Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!

Fatal Attraction

Chapter Eight.

Ex-boyfriends. They're a pain in the ass. They avoid you directly but they gaze at you from afar. They have this lost look in their eyes when they look at you. Something conflicted occurs behind those eyes. Maybe they're contemplating what it would be like if they were still with their ex-girlfriend (or ex-boyfriend for all the gay boys out there). Whatever it might be, I don't like it. And my ex, Mike Fuentes, is staring at me with those exact eyes.

Mike was an amazing boyfriend. He took me to places that I could never reach on my own. He introduced me to sweet shit, such as drugs and sex. I was a virgin until I met Mike. He may only be sixteen, but that boy can do things with his tongue that I never knew were possible. He also does things with his dick that I never knew were possible. But no matter how much I enjoyed our time together, I couldn't think like that. I'm a changed person now; I don't involve myself with drugs and alcohol. I can't end up like my brother. I won't end up like him.

I did enjoy hanging out with his older brother Vic. He was always really nice to me, and he'd always tag along when Mike and I went on an "adventure". I guess Vic was our chaperone but he would often take part in our beer drinking, laughing along right with us. And, when Sam was alive, she'd be right there with us, making sure Vic wasn't a third wheel.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang, closing my books and standing up. I grabbed my bag, hoping to speed out of the classroom before Mike got to me. Unfortunately, I was too late. As I was turning, Mike caught hold of my arm and stared at me with his kind brown eyes. He had a soft smile painted onto his face, per usual, "Can we talk?" He asked softly. He looked conflicted.

I sighed and directed him out of the room, "Talk and walk, Fuentes." I strode down the hall, making Mike keep up with me. He had his pencil tucked behind his ear, his spiky skunk hair moving as he walked.

"You know that new kid Tony?" Mike questioned, ice laced in his words. My eyebrows perked up. Tony? He already met Tony?

"Yeah... What's with the tone?" I was wary of what was to follow. It may seem like Mike is jealous. He is very ferocious he is jealous. He often scared away guys who would come up and talk to me in the past, whenever somebody had the nerve to talk to me. I can be very cold and sarcastic sometimes, even when I don't mean to be. But where I'm sarcastic, Mike is jealous.

"I think he likes you." Mike sneered. When Mike's angry, you do not want to fuck with him. Most of the time he's all smiley and happy, but sometimes he just gets pure hateful.

"So? Mike, stop worrying about me. We aren't together anymore! You have to get over me. I know it may be hard but you can't keep worrying about me." I spoke gently as I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I cared about him still, but his feelings towards me can be creepy sometimes. He goes above and beyond with his affection towards me. This has been going on since we broke up.

"Mayella, it's really hard to do that when I loved you. When I was with you, I was ten times better than when I was alone. I was happy. Without you now, I don't think I could even be that happy ever again." He sighed and looked at me with pain in his eyes.

My heart was pounding hard. I was never good at being confronted like this; I was never good at handling other people's feelings, especially when they were about me. I couldn't do this, not right now. I didn't feel like getting so overwhelmed to the brink of tears, "Mike, I... I'm gonna be late to class." I didn't give him a chance to respond, I just bolted down the hall to my US History class, slipping in and taking my seat. Dr. Kane had yet to arrive and I was grateful. He would probably ask me why I'm so out of breath.

Image

When lunch came around, I was physically and mentally exhausted from dodging Mike for the last two periods. I had no desire to continue our "heartfelt" conversation, not now and not ever. I wasn't ready to talk to him about that stuff yet. I don't think I ever will be ready to talk about that. I guess we have to put things in the past.

As I was simultaneously eating and drawing, I felt the bench move and become heavy. My heart sped up. I was afraid that it would be Mike, but I was positive he wasn't in this lunch period. I snuck a glance out of the corner of my eye and was relieved to find Tony sitting next to me. My shoulders sagged with relief and I put down my pencil, "Stalking me I see?" I laughed softly.

Tony became all flustered and red, "Oh, no I'm not... I just... You... Um..." He looked down and appeared as if he were about to get up and leave.

I touched his arm and stated reassuringly, "Relax dude, it was a joke. You can totally stay. It'll be nice, I guess, to not be alone at lunch for once."

Tony smiled brightly and he relaxed. My hand lingered on his arm a little longer before I pulled it away. I tapped my pencil on the table and looked down at my drawing. Tony peered at it over my shoulder, "What're you drawing?"

I shrugged and erased a part of it off, "Zombie mermaid. Things are always better when they're zombies." I glanced at him, biting down a smile. He seemed to be weighing the options, which ones were good or not.

"I'd have to disagree. Why would you want something to be dead?" Tony asked, taking a bite of food.

"The dead can't walk. So, the dead are living." I was proud of myself for that little line at the end and continued to shade in my tattoo design, "Someday I hope to be covered in tattoos. I think people should use their bodies as canvases and paint a picture. It's the most beautiful form of art."

"I agree." Tony agreed and our eyes met, smiling at each other. I think I'm starting to grow fond of this boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all get the "The Dead Are Living" reference as who said (I guess posted it) it. That man is an icon and he shall rest in peace. For all of you that don't know, it was Mitch Lucker's last words on his Instagram

Thank you all for reading this story! It makes me really happy to see you guys like it!

WakeMeUpWhenIt'sOver,
dizzydreamer2000,
t0nyturtle_


Comment, Subscribe and Recommend!

By the way guys, I came up with an ending! You will never see it coming! I don't know when I will end this, but you'll be shocked!