Status: ill try to update as soon as I can. (:

She's Mine, You Stay Away from Her

Chapter 7

*Vic's POV*

Fuck. What was I thinking? I better not go over, I wouldn't want her to regret my existence again if something wrong happened. I grabbed my phone and went to my text messages.
I had to tell her I couldn't go over, It just wouldn't be right.
"Actually i think it's best if i don't go over." I typed out. I looked at it for a minute, then deleted my words. Nothing bad will happen, I'll keep my cool and act like a friend. Considering we are just friends.

"Where ya going man?" Mike asked right before I slipped out of the front door.

I couldn't tell him that I was going to Jaime's. He probably already knew that Jaime and Tony weren't going to be home for the day and if he found out that Leah and I are going to be alone together, I wouldn't hear the end of another one of his lectures.

"The studio," I lied, "Gonna try and write some new songs."

"Alright, see ya later."

I slipped out of the front door, got in my car, and headed over to Leah's.

*Leah's POV*

I ran to my room and took a look at myself in the mirror. I looked like complete shit and my hair was still wet from the shower. My clothes weren't helping. I was wearing black pj shorts and one of Tony's shirts that was long enough to the point where it looked like I wasn't wearing any shorts at all. I went to the closet and changed my shirt, the shorts and one of my shirts would be fine instead. I grabbed one of my old band shirts where the sleeves were cut off and headed back to the living room. Time was passing by slow. I wasn't sure if it was because I was being impatient or he was just taking forever to get here.
A part of me was nervous. I felt like I was about to commit a crime and my stomach was tied in knots. Everything should be fine, I'm just over thinking the "what ifs". What if he kisses me? What if we have sex again? What if.. I shaked my head to get rid of my thoughts. I heard a car door close and my stomach jumped up to my chest. Seconds later the door bell rang. I stared at the door, thinking of what could happen after I opened it. I took a deep breath, everything should be fine.

"Hey Lee!" Vic greeted me with a hug as I opened the door.

"Hey Vic!" I said as I hugged him back.

We walked in and sat on the couch in silence. Oh gosh, this is so awkward. I don't know what we are suppose to do for the whole time that he is here. I looked at the movies. Nope, movies lead to cuddling. I looked at the unlocked liquor cabinet. Nope, drinking leads to sex and we both know that. I looked out to the backyard from the sliding door in the kitchen and saw the pool. Whats the worst that could happen in a swimming pool?

I nudged him, "Lets go swimming."

"I didn't bring any shorts."

"I'll lend you some."

He followed me to my room and I handed him a pair of gym shorts, I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind if Vic borrowed some of his shorts. He went to the bathroom to change and I changed in my closet. I put on my swim suit, but I put my band shirt back on. A bikini is just not appropriate right now. I walked to the kitchen and out of the sliding door. The pool was cleaned a couple of days ago and the water was feeling nice. I sat next to the pool and let my feet dangle in the water. Minutes later Vic came outside and walked toward the pool. He was shirtless and I was trying my hardest to not look at him. He sat next to me and put his feet in the water.

"It's cold, man!" He said, taking his feet out.

"Whatever, you're just a pussy."

"Jump in then." He nudged me towards the water.

"You first!" I said pushing him back.

"Same time?"

"Yeah, seems fair."

He reached for my hand to help me up and I looked at it for a second.

"It's just a hand," He said, "It's okay if you take it."

I grabbed his hand and he helped me up, then I let go. We walked away from the pool so we could both run and jump in.

"You ready?" He asked.

We were about to start running, but then I stopped him.

"Wait!" I yelled and then he faced me.

"Give me your hand. You know, so I could make sure you jump in too and don't just make me do it."

He laughed, "You got smart." He took my hand and squeezed it tight. I felt a slight tightening in my stomach, but I ignored it.

"3..2..1..." We both ran towards the pool and jumped in. The water hit me like needles, it was pretty cold. I felt him let go of my hand underwater and I pushed my way to the surface.

"Fuck it's cold!" Vic said swimming to the side of the pool. I pulled myself up on the side and sat down with my legs still in the water.

"Yeah dude, you were right."

"You gotta get back in here," He said pulling on my leg, "You'll never get used to the water."

"Swimming was a bad idea." I said crossing my arms.

"Look who's the pussy now." He pulled me from my leg and the water hit me again, not as cold as before.

I swam to the steps of the pool and sat on the second step. I stared at the trees for awhile, wondering why me and Vic couldn't be friends like this in the first place. We were laughing, having a great time; I don't see why things couldn't be like this before.
He sat next to me on the steps and placed his hand on my knee.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

"You." I looked back at him and his face looked shocked.

"Woah, why?"

"I don't know." I noticed I came off a bit weird and I started to feel a bit self conscience. Sometimes there's things you have to keep to yourself and this should've been one of them. I felt completely embarrassed and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. "Sorry, it was just random."

He smiled, "You're funny Leah."

"What? How?" I looked at him confused.

"You just are." He smiled again. Those eyes were going to be the death of me, I swear.

"You know what, you're pretty hilarious yourself."

He laughed, "Why thank you."

We laughed for awhile then we sat there in silence for what seemed like forever. He tightened the grip he had on my knee and took a deep breath. He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around me.

He looked at me and I swear, for that one second, I died.