Sequel: The Pain Of Love.
Status: The end is near!

You're Automatic.

Missing.

I opened my eyes as someone banged on the door and hollered something in German into the room. It took me a minute to recognize where I was or who I was snuggled up to with their arms around me. Then I remembered everything.

I looked at Bill's sleeping face and smiled. I wiggled out of his arms and poked his chest with a half smile. I snickered and tickled his ribs, "Wakey wakey, Mr. Kaulitz!"

His eyes snapped open and he rolled back and forth, laughing. We both laughed as I kept tickling him, a trick I always used to wake Skye up on the rare occasions when I was up before him. He grabbed my hands and stopped laughing, smiling up at me. "Guten morgen zu Ihnen auch." He sat up, still holding my hands in one of his, rubbing his eyes with the other.

I blinked at him. "Uhm. No sprechen sie deutsch." I snickered and nodded, closing my eyes and grinning. I looked at him again.

He gave me suspicious look, his eyes closing into slits. "But you just said you don't speak German... In German." He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Ich glaube, Sie lügen mich an."

I blinked at him again. "Uhh... What is 'I slept well'?" I asked like I was on an episode of Jeopardy, a forced half smile on my face as I held up two thumbs.

He laughed and shook his head. "I said 'I think you're lying to me,' but apparently you weren't." He sighed, leaning back on his elbows. "How are you this morning?" He smiled.

I shrugged with a smile, "Good. I slept really well last night. How're you?" I leaned forward, propped my elbows on my knees and rest my chin on my hands.

He chuckled, looking at me. "That's good. I'm pretty good." He climbed out of the bed and turn the lights on, opening the door. He looked out, "Hm, Tom's gone again." He shrugged and turned back to me. "Would your parents be at work yet?"

I looked over at the alarm clock and shook my head. "Not for another hour. I'd only just be waking up for school in half an hour." I smiled.

He nodded and we sat in silence for a couple minutes. "Is it just me or is it really cold?" He rubbed his hands over his arms and looked at me.

I hadn't noticed before, but he was right. There was definitely a little bit of a chill. "No, it's cold." I got off the bed and walked over to the window next to him, looking out. I let out a quiet gasp at the large white flakes of snow falling from the grey sky and piling up on the white ground.

"No wonder it's cold," I heard over my shoulder. I looked over at Bill as he peered out the window. He was wearing a tight black long sleeve shirt now, his arms crossed over his chest.

I nodded vacantly, turning to look out the window again. "Looks like maybe a foot and half." I watched a flake stick to the window and blew a hot breath at it, watching it slowly melt.

"Well, I guess we don't have to call your school then," Bill said cheerfully, jumping back onto the bed and diving under the covers.

I turned around and laughed at him. "That's true." I laughed when he enthusiastically motioned me back over to the bed before running over and jumping on it. I moved the covers and snuggled into the warm spot I had slept in.

He laughed at me and pulled the covers up to his chin. "Should we watch a movie?" he asked, looking over at me. He smiled when I nodded and grabbed the remote, turning the television in the room on.

It was after noon and we had moved from the bedroom. I was sitting on the couch pretending to watch tv when I was really watching Bill from the corner of my eye. Tom hadn't come back and had left his cell phone on the table, and I could tell that was worrying Bill. I was worried to since he said Tom hardly ever did this, just disappear without telling anyone anything. Even though I was also worried, I tried to tell him that it was probably like it had been the day before, when he came back from his drive and gone to hang out with Georg and Gustav. And, though I was trying to keep him from worrying, all I could imagine was Tom's Cadillac spinning out in the snow and him getting in a wreck.

He finally noticed me watching him and stopped pacing, but instantly started fidgeting with his hands. "Am I entertaining?" His tone sounded more desperate than I think he meant for it to.

I nodded and half smiled. "Kinda. Much more exciting than Hannah Montana at least," I said, glancing pointedly at the children's show on the tv in hopes to lighten the mood.

He nodded vacantly and began pacing again. I sighed and stood up, pacing along side him for a couple minutes before I stepped in front of him and put my hand son his shoulders to hold him still. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, "Hey, calm down. You're gonna wear a hole in the floor." He pulled back, still holding him, and looked at his face. "Let's go see if Gustav or Georg know where he is."

He nodded hesitantly, grabbing my hand in his. We walked out of the suite and across the hall. He knocked on the door and rubbed the back of his neck. "Guys, it's me and Amanda."

I smiled and looked at him. "You don't have to call me Amanda. Amy or Mandy works too." I giggled to myself, "I'll even let you get away with Manda Banana. Skye called me that when I was little." I finally got a smile out of him, even if it was a small one.

He looked back at the door when it opened and Georg stood there. "Is Tomi here? He woke us up this morning but we haven't seen or heard from him since. And he left his phone in the suite." He looked pleadingly at Georg.

Georg frowned and shook his head. "Nein, I haven't seen him since last night." He motioned us into the suite and shut the door behind us. "Gustav, have you seen Tom?"

Gustav didn't look away from the television screen, the controller in his head an obvious sign he was playing video games. I had to giggle as he sat on the couch in his boxers and a black tank top. He shook his head, uttering a "nein," never moving his gaze from the screen.

I looked at Bill and bit my lip. He looked about ready to burst out sobbing. I had once looked the same way as Bill did when I was very little and got lost at a street fair. Unable to find my brother or mom, I had been terrified. I hugged him tightly, "Oh Bill, it's be alright. We'll find him, I promise; and I'm sure he's just fine!" I rubbed his back when he buried his face in my shoulder. I looked at Gustav and Georg as they shared a look, too many mixed emotions to be able to read what it meant. I pet Bill's hair, "Do you want to go look for him?"

"I wouldn't know where to start..." His voice was barely above a whisper and it cracked several times. I could feel warm, wet spots soaking through my shirt and his body occasionally shuddered with a choked back sob. I gently rocked him back and forth, hoping it would make him feel at least a little better.

That was a good point, though. It wasn't like they were somewhere they were familiar with, where Tom could have typical places to hang out. It was somewhere new. And he hadn't lost us, he had intentionally left without telling anyone where he was going. This could either mean anything or nothing.

"Well, we have to start somewhere," I muttered, mostly to myself while Bill silently cried in my arms. "Should we call the cops?"

Gustav and Georg's eyes went wide and they shook their head. "No, if the media got hold that Tom was missing, we could have a crisis. It could make things worse." Georg bit his lip. "Keeping the press out of it as long as we can would be good."

I sighed and nodded, not having thought of that. I had to remember that these weren't just my friends, they were famous rockstars and I couldn't go blurting that one of them was missing. Not until we had some sort of idea about what was going on. "Alright, I'll call Skye and we'll look for Tom wherever we can think of looking."

Bill lifted his head and looked at me with brimming, bloodshot eyes. His cheeks damp from crying, the occasional tear streaming it's way down to his chin. "But what if we can't find him?"

I shook my head, "No, don't say that." I reached up and put a hand on his face as looked deep into his eyes, "We will find him. I promise." I sighed and pat his shoulder when his face looked a little less grim. Why was the youngest person of the group the one planning this search party? "Alright. Everyone needs to get ready. We'll meet in the lobby in ten, okay?"

Everyone nodded and Bill and I left the room, returning to his across the hall. I grabbed a sweatshirt and pants from my bag, changing quickly in the bedroom. I pulled on my shoes and a hoodie before walking back out so Bill could get dressed. I fidgeted with the pull string on the hood of the jacket before grabbing Tom's phone and calling my brother.

"Hey, Tom. What's up?"

"Skye, it's me. I need you to -"

"Oh, hey Manda. Is everything alright? Are you okay?" I heard the concern ease it's way into his voice as he probably imagined something being wrong. Well, he wasn't exactly wrong.

"I'm fine. But Tom's missing, and his been since he woke Bill and I up this morning. Everyone's really worried, we had plans for the day and he just vanished. He left his phone and there was no note and Bill said that isn't normal for Tom."

It was quiet for a minute before he sighed and said something I couldn't hear, something to someone in the room with him. I wanted to ask who he was with, but then he spoke: "Okay, how can I help? Have you guys called the cops?"

I smiled meekly, glad I could always count on my brother. "We can't call the cops, they can't have the media catching wind of this. If you could just come pick us up and help us look, I know everyone would appreciate it." I looked up as Bill came out of the room, pulling a coat on over his shoulders.

"Alright, I'll call the station first. I bet Craig will know if something happened. If I find anything out, I'll let you know." He was quiet for a second and I heard a car door shut in the background. "I'll be there in five minutes."

"Okay. Hey Skye? Thanks. We'll see you soon." I hung up as Bill pulled me toward the door. He was in a hurry, I could tell. We walked out and shut the door the same time as Georg and Gustav came out. I looked at them, "You guys ready?"

Gustav nodded but Georg just looked at me. "I'm staying behind. Just in case he comes back or something. Then I can call you guys. Keep his phone on you in case I need to call. Or he does..." He looked at the ground for a second before looking up at the three of us. "Good luck, call me when you find him." He ruffled my hair with a half smile.

"Thanks. I will." I smiled and we headed down to the lobby.

[Bill's POV]
I paced back and forth while Amanda and Gustav sat on a couch, playing patty cake to keep themselves from worrying. Why was Skye taking so long? Did he not understand how important this was? Did he not stop to think that my brother could be in trouble!?

I jumped when someone grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stop pacing. I looked over at Amanda as she looked at me, her eyes pleading. "Please calm down. You're worrying me even more." She gave a meek smile. She was worried about me, and that meant she cared.

I smiled and nodded, sitting down next to her. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine. I liked holding her hand, it was like she was locked to me. She seemed just as content holding my hand as I did holding hers.

She smiled over at me for a second before seeing something behind me. She jumped up, releasing my hand as she ran over toward the doors. Skye smiled and stopped as she jumped toward him in a hug. He laughed and spun her in a circle, hugging her tightly. But, quickly, his expression changed. He looked at me for a second before talking quietly to Amanda.

I watched her, wishing she was back beside me. She was no longer locked to me or within reaching distance. She felt so far away and I felt more scared and alone than I had felt yet. I watched as Skye said something and she turned quickly to look at me. From the look on her face, I don't think he was telling her good news.

I stood up and slowly walked over, Gustav right on my heels. "Is everything okay?" My voice was higher, more worried, than I meant for it to be.

Skye bit his lip and looked at Amanda, who explained for him, "Bill, someone found Tom in the park by my house..."

Tom was found, that was good news... Right? If so, why was her face pale as the snow outside? She looked into my eyes and I instantly knew something wasn't right. A million bad things flashed through my mind and I looked at Skye. "Why was he at your house?" My voice shook and I couldn't bare thinking about this anymore.

"I called my friend Craig, an officer down at the police station. I knew, if something happened, he could tell me. He told me Tom was found in the park by the house, I don't know why." He stopped and looked at me for a second before he turned to Amanda. He took a deep breath and looked at me again. "Tom's in the hospital."

I felt the blood drain from my face. This couldn't be happening.
[End POV]

Bill looked about ready to collapse. "Bill? We don't know what happened, he could be fine." I stood beside him, intertwining my hand with his since that always seemed to make him feel better.

He pursed his lips and looked at Gustav, who looked equally as concerned as Bill did. they looked at Skye. "Let's just go get him," Bill mumbled lifelessly.

We walked out and climbed into the car. I shivered from the cold and rubbed my free hand over my arm. I looked over as Bill took off his beanie and put it on my head.

The first couple minutes were quiet and slow, Skye only driving as fast as he dared on the slick streets and high winds. I finally broke the silence. "Are mom and Shawn home?"

Skye looked at me in the rearview mirror and shook his head. "The streets by the house were plowed, so they made it to work. I don't know how long that will be the story, though, with how bad it's getting." He looked ahead, squinting his eyes into the snow as it made it seem like we were going hyperspeed through space. He probably should've been wearing his glasses, but I knew that probably wouldn't happen since he hated them so much. "Why?"

I sighed in mild relief. "I need my homework. You forgot to pack it." I half smiled but it was vanished when I thought of something. "Are they looking for me? Have they done anything to you for taking me out of there?"

He chuckled and shook his head again. "I'm sure they're looking for you. And I'm fine, don't worry about me. I didn't go back home." He looked at me and smiled.

I felt like a hundred pounds had just been removed from my shoulders. My brother was safe, away from the horrible man our mother had married. But where had he gone? Why hadn't he told me he was somewhere else?

We finally pulled into the hospital parking lot and hurried into the building. We shook the snow from our hair and stomped it from our shoes before walking up to the receptionist.

"We're here to see, uhm..." Skye looked at Bill. He probably didn't know their last name, or what they would go by otherwise in a public place.

"Tom Trumper?" Bill gave a half shrug as he looked at the receptionist, seeming to not really know what they'd have him in as. "He was found in a park."The lady nodded and checked a list of people checked into the hospital. "Alright, and are you family or friends?"

"I'm his twin. The others are friends."

She nodded and had us all sign in on the guest sheet before having us follow her up the halfway. She stopped at a door and stuck her head in, "Mr. Trumper, you have some visitors."

"Who are they?" Hearing Tom's voice almost made me run into the room and jump on him. I looked at Bill as he looked like he wanted to to do the same thing. He sounded alright, but we wouldn't know anything until he we saw him.

"Your brother and a couple friends," the nurse looked at us with a polite smile before looking back into the room. "Would you like to see them?"

It was quiet for a second before he answered. "Yeah, if that's okay."

The nurse stepped aside and we all hurried into the room. I watched as Bill ran over and looked his twin over from head to toe before pouncing on him, the relief on his face saying everything: Tom was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was just wondering: how are you guys feeling like the story is developing? is it going too slow, too fast? just curious.

comment, sub, rec?