At War With Love

Feelings?

We, well they were having a conversation about what they should do with me.

"Maybe keep her at a safe house?"

"We can't trust anyone."

"Now, that's not-"

"Yes it is," Matthew cut him off, "Everyone was ready for Victoria to be alpha. They proclaimed loyalty to her, they'll be on her side."

They sighed. My arms were pulled to my chest, my face laying on them- I was curled into a ball, looking pathetic. He had sat me back into the chair, but I was nervous and couldn't get comfy in it. They were scared, well worried, about how the other wolves would react to me. Matt's eyes gazed over at me again, like they did every few minutes. Not that I was complaining- my eyes never left him. I studied everything I could about him.

"What if she...stayed with me?" My ears tuned into the conversation and my wolf perked up, bringing me back to the current moment.

"Ah..Yes, I think that'll do. It's our best chance at keeping her safe," Pack-master nodded thoughtfully, "Come, let's get her moved before it's completely dark."

We ran to a cozy house along the edge of the pack grounds, hidden just beyond the trees. No other house was around, and a white porch greeted me. Two rocking chairs, worn and wood relaxed in front of the two bay windows with the curtains wide open, revealing the insides of the house. A blue door sat innocently, holding the secret of my mate inside. My body was shaking with scared excitement and impatience.

A chuckle issued from behind me as a hand dropped onto my shoulder, "You'll be safe here, and I'll leave you two alone. Get to know each other." Pack-master told us, strolling back down the white stairs.

"Why don't you come in," Matthew asked, pushing open the door.
I followed and stepped through, engulfing myself in his scent. I took a deep breath and sighed contently. Another scent invaded my nose, making me growl. It was faint, but everywhere. It was her scent. My hair stood on ends as my anger flew in, sweeping me off my feet into a red cloud. 'She's been here. She probably even decorated!'
A hand touched my arm and I bared my teeth, swallowed whole by my thoughts.

"Stop it. She hasn't been here for weeks. I mean what did you expect? She was my future," He said, caressing where he touched my arm.

I growled at the thought of them together.

"I said was. She's not anymore. YOU are," He whispered, standing closer. "All my feelings are for you. There are none for anyone else."

My face returned human as I stared in shock at Matthew. My wolf howled in delight, she reached the surface, straining against me for her mate. I could see his just beneath the veil; it was his wolf talking to us. I hummed in happiness.
I didn't notice how close we were until he bent down and smelled me. He inhaled right below my ear, moving down my neck, nuzzling me. I gasped softly in surprise. He then pulled away, reining the wolf away, the human coming forth once again. I sighed, unhappy the moment was over.

Matt's eyes gleamed, showing the ever present wolf. He watched me watch him. "Come, we have to lock the windows and doors."

And so we did. I followed him throughout the house like the pup I was, as he closed and locked everything up. Matthew turned around, finding me directly behind him. "Well hey, " He said, completely human.

"Hi," I responded breathless. My wolf was dancing behind my eyes.

He coughed, "Are you hungry?" He asked out of the blue, scratching the back of his head.

*****
We were sitting at his table. It was small and round with only four chairs. It was a grainy, it looked as if he, or someone made it. The chairs were the same light grainy color, simplistic. The kitchen was green, mint green- my favorite. Thankfully the she-wolf's smell wasn't in here. I cooked steak, rare (another favorite), and homemade mashed potatoes in the oven for us. The potatoes were drenched in cheese and butter. I tried to let my mind wonder, I didn't want Matthew to see me staring at him like a schoolgirl.
I sat, finished with my dinner that we ate in silence. It wasn't a complete awkward silence, we were comfortable in each other's presence, well our wolf's were. But, I didn't know whether or not I could start my inquisition not, so there I sat. In silence.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked, chewing through his second steak.

"Mint green," I replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh," he chuckled, "I guess it;s a good thing the kitchen is that color."

I watched him eat, as weird as it sounds. It as fascinating to me, watching how his muscles moved.

"What do you do for fun?" He said, catching me off guard.

"I don't.. well I guess..I don't know," I garbled out.

He raised an eyebrow this time.

"I run?" I meekly let out.

"Human or wolf?"

"Wolf," I said sitting up straight.

His eyes flashed, His wolf coming to the surface. I must have answered the question correctly, which led me to wonder who was running the show, man or wolf?

"Maybe-"

He never finished his sentence because all of a sudden, his door knob jingled, which put my wolf on guard in an instant.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOhh, what's going to happen?
Any ideas, thoughts? Don't be shy, message or comment sweets.
Until next time... <3