Birthday Presents.

Baseball.

Lucy pushed the hair out of her face, the cake was fine, but the icing was a nightmare, and she didn't know who to call at all, she looked at John's number, it was 1am, fuck it, 'hey?' 'hey, it's Lucy would you help me?' 'what do you need darling?' 'it's the icing, it's a nightmare, you'll be good with your hands, and if this isn't done-' 'I'll be over' sending him the address he smiled, spending time with her, was fine with him.

John came in, as the end of Wildflowers was playing, 'you're a Petty fan?' 'I am my sister likes him, and it kinda rubbed off on me' he smiled, 'good' he grinned, 'now, where can I help?' 'put some gloves on, we're going in' he laughed, helping her fold over layers of icing over a giant ball of cake, 'this is incredible' 'thanks, all cakes are a challenge to myself, the more difficult the better' 'I like that, ever thought this is impossible?' 'you're here?' they laughed, finishing the cake, 'if you want you can take the sofa' he smiled, 'thanks' 'I have a stitch to do' 'can I help?' 'sure, I'll teach you' 'showing him how to ice.

'Lucy, it looks amazing' John taking a picture, 'it does, thanks for all your help, John, thank you' she kissed his cheek, 'and, considering I don't know you very well, it's very kind of you' he grinned, 'if I get kisses, I'll do what you like' 'you're easy to please' he smiled, 'I think so' they laughed, 'come in, I'll make you tea, and let you sleep' 'do you do this often?' 'not often, but sometimes' she smiled, giving him a drink, 'thanks' he nodded, 'good night darling' 'good night sweetheart' he laughed, letting her sleep.

-x-

'John' she shook him, 'hmm' 'hey, it's time we get going, and we have enough time for you to change' 'oh, thanks' she smiled, 'come on, car now-' he smiled, 'thanks' heading for the car, she slipped the cake in the boot, and strapped it carefully in so it wouldn't get damaged, heading for his place, John changed quickly, 'thanks' getting back in, Death Cab For Cutie was playing, 'you have great taste in music' 'quite a compliment from you' she smiled heading onwards.

'You must be Lucy' 'I am indeed' getting the cake out, John brought the cake over, 'this is John, he's here to help' 'oh, no problem, follow me' she smiled, as John realised how heavy this damned thing was, and wondered if that was the real reason he was needed with a grin, 'here you can put it on this trolley' 'thanks, sir' 'no problem' she unveiled it, 'incredible, worth every cent' 'thank you' as it was taken to the conference hall to celebrate, the whole team was there, 'John, if you want pictures, let me know'.

Lucy took too many pictures, as John had one with the whole team, 'so you love the Dbacks?' 'home team?' John grinned, 'I was a short stop in school so-' 'oh, cool, you should come see practice, see how good you are now?' 'that would be awesome' 'John's in a band, he could play the stadium, after you do' John smiled, 'oh, really' 'it's good' Lucy called, 'oh, good what's it called?' 'The Maine?' 'My Heroine, tune to get in the game' 'wow'.

John grinned all the way back to the car, 'Lucy best first date ever, no matter how tired I am' 'I'm sorry, you're all I could think of' she smiled, 'and, also, there would be no date, as it wouldn't exist' John laughed, 'I want another one soon' 'how about I don't do any cooking, maybe a restaurant?' 'I know this lovely italian' she smiled, 'that sounds good' he smiled, biting her lip, she had him completely, as he got in the car, she drove to hers, his car parked there still, 'thanks' 'no problem, really, any time, it's worth it' she smiled, 'good, Thursday?' 'Thursday' he nodded, heading home with a smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is ok :)