Status: Mafia One Direction. We know, your welcome.

All Is Fair

Alexandria Holindale

Alex sat behind her desk, looking through all of the names that Louis had given her. As she found one that registered in the system as being arrested, she highlighted the paper so she could start figuring out who it could have been.

After she finished, she went to talk with her boss but was stopped by one of the officers in training. “Hey Alex. Someone is waiting outside for you.” She said, pointing to the front door.

“Who is it?” Alex asked, trying to look through the glass door to view the person.

“I have no clue, but they said it was urgent.” The young officer scurried off, to her desk Alex supposed.

Alex shrugged her shoulders and walked outside, being met by the one person she did not want to see right now.

“Louis, what are you doing here? If they realize that you are part of a mafia, they will arrest you on the spot. And I can’t stop them.” Alex said quickly, pushing Louis away from the police station.

Louis smiled at Alexandria. “Looks like you care about my wellbeing. I thought I was just a low life mafia member. I didn’t think you cared about me. I have some more information for you though.”

“Well I just don’t want anyone else to arrest you. That should be my satisfaction. But if you have more information, meet me at the coffee shop in ten minutes. It’s almost my break.” Alex felt jumpy, her eyes constantly scanning around her.

“Okay. I will see you then.” Louis smirked slightly then turned around and walked to the coffee shop.

Alexandria shook her head then headed back inside to tell her boss that she was taking her break.

It was just a few minutes later when Alex walked into the café, looking around for Louis. She knew right then that if he didn’t have information, she still would have gone, simply because she wanted to see him. It pained her that she still had feelings for him but then again, she knew she always would have been there for him, no matter what they did.

Alexandria pulled herself together and walked over to Louis, ready for some new information to help on her case.

Louis actually was very helpful, telling her which names were those who were really against their mafia and which ones were a little more lenient on the whole two different mafias thing. But something just did not seem right for Alexandria. She had known of mafia members killing each other off but it was all in secret, small nobodies in each mafia as to not rage a full out war.

But whoever did this wanted war between the mafias now, in front of the police to get people caught. The mafias hated each other but not enough to get them caught.

She decided to keep this away from Louis because he would use the information to his advantage and she did not want war breaking out now. So she headed back to work, after thanking Louis, and started recruiting her team, as they were going out the next day in search of the culprit.

As Alex walked home that night, she had a feeling she was being watched. She turned around and her hand twitched towards her taser. “Who’s there? Show yourself.” Alexandria said slowly, trying to make her breath even.

“As jumpy as always Alex. When are you going to calm down some?” The deep voice came from the bushes beside her.

“Oh. James. Stop scaring me.” Alexandria blushed, knowing that he would meet her here, it was just that she had forgotten.

“But you are so cute when you are jumpy.” James walked forward and wrapped his arms around Alex’s waist and pulled her close.

“I missed you today.” Alex whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I missed you too babe. But I have some bad news.” James looked down at Alex.

“What is it?” Alex asked, her heart slowing slightly.

“Dad is making me start in the family business. I have to leave tomorrow to Florida to help him.” James confessed, turning his head away as to not see Alex’s gaze.

“But, you promised you wouldn’t leave.” Alex felt her heart squeeze, knowing she couldn’t handle James leaving. She still had nightmares from when Louis left. If she lost James too, she didn’t think she could survive.

“I know I promised but he is really sick Alex. I wouldn’t go if I had another choice. But I don’t. I’m sorry Lex. I love you.” James wiped away Alex’s tears.

“I love you too.” James leaned down and pressed a kiss against Alex’s lips and pulled her closer to him. “Promise me you will come back soon.” Alex demanded as soon as she caught her breath.

“I promise.” His words seemed true but Alex had the feeling that he wasn’t telling the complete truth, but at that moment, Alex didn’t care. She remained wrapped up in her fiancés’ arms for
now, feeling her heart turn to dust.

James let her go after a while to head back to his house to finish packing. He left with one last I love you and promised to call her the next morning after he arrived in Florida.

Alex felt her eyes fill with tears and let them roll down her cheeks as she ran home, flinging herself onto her bed and cried herself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is my next chapter.

there had to be more drama between Alex and Louis. SO why not make her engaged?

James will be back in a way that will surprise you. ;)