Heaven/Hell

Dr. Arrow

Dr. Stephen Arrow watched the transparent screen and he felt extreme rage when his plan failed, right before his eyes. He thought he could scare them, the Iridem–the stupid, colored giants of Planet X. But sending two of his men proved him wrong and now one of them was being held hostage by Silva, their leader. The other was dead.

"What do we do now, sir?" asked Isaacs, his second-in-command.

Dr. Arrow stayed silent. Silva held a spear to the head of the man named Crook–whose hands and feet were tied by rope provided by humans–and the others stood in a in a circle around them. He saw a few humans amidst the group. Some of them holding weapons, others standing and watching.

"Doctor?" Isaacs prompted.

Dr. Arrow shook his head and said, "Ask them what they want."

Isaacs turned on the intercom and his voice boomed around them when he asked Dr. Arrow's question. Some of the Iridem, who were not accustomed to loud noises, hissed and flinched away, but Silva and the rest of them held their ground.

"We want you to leave," Silva announced. "Leave our planet and go back to yours."

"We cannot do that," Isaacs replied.

"What must we do then?" Silva asked. Dr. Arrow realized that the question was directed towards the others and he heard yelling and chanting from the Iridem. They were telling him to kill Crook.

Silva looked directly at the camera that was hidden in a tree and he smiled, maliciously.

"No!" Isaacs yelled but it was too late, Silva thrust the spear through Crook's skull and killed him, instantly. The Iridem chanted and cheered, jumping up and down and yelling something in their native language. The humans joined in.

"WE WILL GO TO WAR, IF WE MUST, DR. ARROW," Silva shouted. "AND WE WILL WIN!"