Status: I never stick to these so idk

All in the Band

Don't Talk to Me.

JAIME’S POV

The police officer drove us to the police station, Chris and me in the back of the car and Abby in the front, considering that she was the only one who hadn’t done something wrong. Chris alternated between glaring at his hands and glaring at me. Abby was looking out the window and sniffling everyone in a while. I couldn’t stop thinking about how much trouble I’d be in.

My parents knew I’d skipped school the first day, which they were fine with, but I hadn’t told them about today and yesterday. They probably would have been a little bit sympathetic if I hadn’t gotten two tickets and fined for driving without a license.

The officer finally pulled up to an intimidating, stone building and ushered us inside. I took Abby’s hand; she looked at me through angry, teary eyes and pulled her hand away. I looked down at my feet, feeling hurt. The officer led us into a building and looked at us, obviously bored.

“Officer Ramirez here will take care of...this unfortunate situation,” he sighed, patting Abby’s shoulder lightly and walking away. A man in a blue uniform regarded us with disgust, a shiny pin on his shirt pocket with ‘Ramirez’ engraved onto it. Great.

“So, Officer Jameston tells me that two things are going on here. One of you is a horrible driver, and the other of you is a horrible boyfriend. Who is who?” he asked, looking between Chris and me. I would have laughed if he wasn’t so fucking terrifying.

“I- ah- I’m the bad driver,” I mumbled. He looked at me and nodded once before looking down at papers on his desk.

“Your license, please,” he said, not looking up. I froze. Shit. I left it at-

Abby reached into her jeans pocket, pulling out my license. I took it silently and looked down. Officer Ramirez was watching with obvious disgust as I handed it to him.

“Fucking idiot,” he mumbled, holding the piece of plastic in front of him and turning to a computer. Chris snickered. Officer Ramirez turned to him, his eyes cold.

“Wait ‘til I get to you, kid.”

Chris’s eyes widened and he returned to staring intently at his hands. Ramirez turned to me, a bored look in his eyes.

“Well, Mr. Preciado, since you don’t have any police record, your fines have been slightly lowered. You have a ticket of $100 for speeding, $150 for making an illegal U-turn, and $600 for driving without a license,” he informed me. I coughed loudly in surprise.

“I’M BEING FINED $850?” I screeched. Ramirez ignored me, handing me a sheet of paper with the information on it.

“You have 3 months to pay the fines, or you’ll go to jail to make it up,” he told me. If at all possible, my eyes widened even more.

“J-Jail?” I stammered. He blinked at me and nodded as though it was obvious. Ramirez looked between Abby and me.

“I need to talk to Mr. Mathers here alone. Ms. Hemsway, Mr. Preciado. I suggest you call someone to come pick you up and take you home,” he said. “Anyway, why aren’t you kids at...you know what, you have too many other problems right now. Just go home.” I stood up slowly, walking with Abby out of the police station.

“Abby...” I started, but she shook her head, pulling out her phone and dialing someone’s number.

“Don’t talk to me, Jaime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY IDK IF ANY OF YOU REMEMBER IT BUT I SUDDENLY DID TODAY AND I'M SORRY K

I'm going to try to write more?? I have another 3 or 4 chapters prewritten, so once I run out of those I'll start to write again.

Well...tell me if you think I should? I could start a new story, just stop updating this one...it's completely up to you guys.

Thank you for the feedback!! xx