Status: Ruby red slippers.

Oz

Evangeline North

Zayn sat sideways in the plush black throne, twirling a titanium scepter that matched his ring which both had tiger’s eye gems embedded in them to match his amber orbs. Since taking over the throne, he had made several changes in the castle. He hung heavy black curtains on the windows, though they were thrown to the side currently showing the Emerald City all lit up, and put in a jet black, velvet throne. He also changed the tiles in the throne room to where they were black and purple to remind him of his beloved mate, Evangeline.

As his thoughts drifted to her, she wafted in the throne room in a floor-length eggplant dress made of the finest silks. Her dark hair was pinned in a complicated updo and her eyes coated in dark purple and black. She gave him a wide grin as he stood swiftly and smoothly from his seat to greet her. He was dressed head to toe in black save for an amber pocket square in his blazer's jacket pocket and she thought he looked good enough to eat. The two were the perfect complement to each other and both incredibly gorgeous making them all the more powerful.

“My love.” He said, stabbing his scepter against the ground to where it stood on its own before he wrapped her in his arms and kissed her passionately.

His kisses had the ability to warm her entire body and she responded immediately. Zayn had been the only one in all of the Emerald City that didn’t judge her for her grandmother, Evanora’s, crimes. Evil witches were cast out after Dorothy had rid Oz of them and when Evangeline started to display powers she, too, was banned from the city but that didn’t stop her from journeying to it every once in awhile. It was on the streets of the Emerald City that Zayn first saw her, enchanting in a lilac blouse and black leather pants. He knew immediately who she was and felt her power and ever since they had been inseparable.

“Have you been watching your newest masterpiece, my darling?” She asked, running her fingers through his pompadour right down the blonde streak.

“I have not, but I created it for your eyes, Eva.” He said, kissing her neck. “Did you like it?” He whispered against her smooth skin while his hand gently grazed the amethyst encrusted cuff that sat on her arm where she derived her power from.

“It’s beautiful.” She responded, in a breathy tone. The masterpiece she was talking about was the creation of a large dragon he had set loose in the Dark Forest that had moved on to other small villages around the vicinity. You could see the billowing smoke from the castle and even an occasional orange flame. “He is lovely.”

“Your favorite color.” He said, smirking into her neck. “You look so beautiful in this silk.”

“You spoil me with beautiful things.”

“It’s only fitting, my love.”

“I’m the luckiest girl in Oz to have you, my handsome king.”

“Once I have subdued the outlying threats, I shall put a ring on your finger to make you a proper queen.”

He manifested a large diamond on her left hand making her raise it eye level before sending him a smile and changing it with her own magic to make it a large amethyst. “I don’t need the ring to feel like your queen. Shall I make you a masterpiece?”

“In the morning. I have a hunger and it’s not for power.”

ɸɸɸ


Evangeline awoke early in the morning to an empty bed and wandered out to the landing that passed between wings where Zayn could often be found in the early hours of the morning to watch the sun rise and glisten off the Emerald City. It was truly a beautiful sight that Evangeline rather enjoyed herself. She pulled her lavender silk robe closer to her body as she walked over to him. As soon as she was within arm’s reach, he tucked her into his side and kissed her head.

“At this precise moment of the dawn, the city lights up the color of your eyes.”

“And the sun burns the sky the color of yours. And to think … all of this is ours.”

“I need more, Eva. I crave it like I crave you.”

“I know you do. What is your next move?”

“Discipline the far out cities and search out Glinda’s old wand.”

“I heard it was destroyed by the old Wizard.”

“I cast a spell late last night while you were asleep to see if that was the case. Turns out, it is not. It’s somewhere out there and I intend to retrieve it to combine its power with mine.”

Evangeline wondered if a good witch’s wand would have any control over Zayn’s powers. Neither of them had tried to wield a good token before so they had no idea how it would play out. She hoped it may sway him slightly away from evil, but she knew neither one of them could resist the allure of dark magic. It was seductive and addictive and though she even tried to fight her nature, she was always called back to it either by the magic itself or by Zayn. Even with her doubts, she couldn’t deny how amazing it felt to sit in the seat of power with her one true love.

She absentmindedly toyed with his ring as he studied her reaction to the news. He could read her better than anyone and her emotions were tied to his. He brought his free hand to her face to gently touch her cheek with his fingers, staring deep into her green eyes. Even if she wasn't impossibly powerful, he would have been drawn to her solely for her beauty with her dark hair, porcelain skin, and bright emotive eyes. And she was deeply attracted to him, as well. His olive skin, enchanting eyes and sexy smile. They truly were the perfect mates.

“You’ll be leaving soon, then?” She asked, kissing his ring as it set off a dull glow and moving her eyes back to his.

“I thought perhaps you would go and search for me. You have Evanora’s journals and you know the story of Glinda better than anyone. I trust you completely with this. You’re strong, cunning and brave. I trust you with my life and my power.”

“You know I would go to the ends of Oz for you, of course I will go.”

“As I would for you, my queen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, everyone! Erin here and I shall be writing evil little Zayn and Evangeline!
Thoughts on this? I am so excited for this story. Y'all have no idea!
Get ready for adventure!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin