Status: Ruby red slippers.

Oz

Cecily Eppet

Cecily stood, draped in her cloak outside the prison walls. The night sky was an inky black, with sunrise closing in. They had decided to attack at night so they had the cover of darkness, and Cecily knew she had little time. She had to be brave, even when she could possibly be executed herself for approaching the guards, knowing that she wasn’t allowed near the prison, or in the city at all.

Two guards stood at the entrance of the stone door and she knew there would be more inside. Chewing her lower lip nervously she gave Liam a thumbs up. She hadn’t told any of them her plan for distracting the guards, but she knew it would be enough. All she had to do was get them away from the gate and into the forests, then run back to stand watch with Niall.

Taking a deep breath she approached, pulling down her hood. The two guards loomed over her, and she was glad that everyone in the emerald city already thought she was mad, because that was the only way this would work. She tilted her head to the side, looking at the taller of the two. “You.” She whispered, extending a finger to him, he slapped her hand away, cackling wickedly.

“Well if it isn’t the tree whisperer.” He snarled. “I thought we told you to stay out of the emerald city?”

“Your daughter.” She whispered. “The small one with bright blue eyes, Emmalilly I believe. Where is she right now?” He turned pale as she looked at him, her eyes glassy as she tried to appear frightening.

“She is with her mother.” The taller man said, his confidence gone. “How do you know her name?”

“The trees tell me when strangers enter their forests, and your wife and daughter were picking the apples off one of my friends, but he doesn’t really like that. He told me to tell you he’s not planning on letting them go.” The guard visibly shivered, trying to call Cecily’s bluff, but she had an incredible poker face. With him terrified, she turned to the other guard. “And your brother Timoneth is out there with an axe, looking for firewood. They really don’t like that.”

“My brother can handle a tree.” The shorter guard snarled.

“But can he handle a hundred?” She whispered ominously. “But it is no matter, they will all most likely be dead by the time you are released from your post.” She then smiled, pulling her hood back up and turning away. “Good day gentleman.” She pressed her lips together, praying that her idea would work, and as she heard he clatter of their spears against the streets she grinned.

She waited until they were long gone to give Liam the signal, telling him and the others to move. Cecily had asked the trees to keep a hold of the guards until sunrise, and she knew that was only an hour or so away. She grabbed the keys the guards had dropped, quickly unlocking the door.

“Alright Cec, you stay here with Niall and-” She shook her head, sending her long hair flying.

“I’m going with you, the more of us there are the faster we can get out.” Liam sighed, knowing it was useless to argue with her as he, Cecily, and Rowan quickly made their way inside.

The entire place was crawling with guards, and the trio knew Zayn must really not want the prisoners freed. Cecily swallowed nervously, but kept going as they hid, slowly but surely making their way to the cell they knew the prisoners were in. Liam grabbed the keys, running down to the end as they all looked at their heroes and Cecily’s heart stopped.

It was a girl and a boy, both probably around her age, maybe a year or so older since she didn’t really know how old she was. The girl was pretty, but she couldn’t take her eyes off the boy as he shot up, looking at them. His eyes were brighter than the sky in the summer, and even though they were narrowed in rage, they were still beautiful. His feathery hair sat in a disheveled mess on the top of his head, obviously from sleeping. It looked softer then silk, and Cecily wanted to touch it and see if it was really was. His lips were pressed down into a frown, but still were perfectly pink and caused Cecily’s heart to race as she thought of them ghosting over her own. His face seemed to be created by the first wizard himself, and Cecily couldn’t stop staring.

“Who are you?” He snapped, keeping the girl behind him. His voice was slightly higher pitched, but the way he was so quick to defend the girl, who Cecily assumed was his sister since they looked exactly the same, made him seem so brave and handsome. She felt her cheeks grow warm and almost started to panic, wondering why this boy was making her feel so odd.

As Liam explained that they were there to rescue them and quickly unlocked the door and their handcuffs, Cecily felt like her entire body was on fire. She had never felt this way before, and it was starting to scare her a bit, but she liked it at the same time. She felt as though she was wondering through a field of flowers, this odd boy, walking beside her as the trees cheered around them.

“Cecily!” Liam snapped. She jumped, broken from her dreamy world with a start as she turned to their leader. “Will you please help me get them out of here?” She nodded slowly, taking a step towards the perfect boy, her arm stretched out as he stood in a corner, his sister behind him.

“Don’t be afraid.” She whispered, her eyes meeting his and making her heart start racing again. “We’re the good guys, we’re going to save you.” She reached her fingers out towards him, trying to close the distance, but he slapped her hand away like it was a snake.

“Get away from us you freaks!” He growled. Cecily recoiled as though she’d been run through by a sword. Liam went over to them and eventually the girl took his hand, but Cecily couldn’t hear anything other than that word, thrown so venomously at her by so many other before, but it had never hurt like this. She felt as though her insides had been eaten by wolves, and the pain in her chest was unbearable. Her eyes found the boy’s again as they started towards the door and freedom, but there was something sitting in Cecily’s gut.

The moment that word had fallen from his lips, Cecily had lost all will to live. She didn’t care if she got out of here, she didn’t care if she was the one who would be executed come morning. All she knew was that this pain in her chest was unbearable, and it was all that boys fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashlee again!
So, as I'm sure most of you know, Katie, one of our authors and the creator of this entire amazing story, is in the hospital right now with a Staph infection. If you could all keep her in your thoughts I know she'd appreciate it.

oxoxoxox