Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter One

Putting her math book and pencil in her locker, seventeen year old Isabella sighed heavily. Grabbing her bag and hanging it over her shoulder before slamming her locker shut and locking it, she started walking down the hallway to the nearest doors that led out to the back of the school property, where the bleachers at the football field were. The place where she most likely would find him, smoking with his troublemaking friends like they always did when a school day was over.

Why did she have to be so stupid to fall for his charade when she knew how he was? And why for the love of God did she agree to do it without protection?

Mentally slapping herself for the thousand time that week, she pushed the double doors open and took a deep breath of the fresh air. All you have to do is find him and tell him he has knocked you up, then you can go home and sleep away the weekend she thought to herself, preparing herself for the talk she was going to have soon.

She walked to the football field debating if she really had to tell him today. She wouldn't start showing until at least another month, so she could always just go straight home and not have to deal with this just yet. But he has to know... Dammit. She was going to have to tell him today.

She couldn't find Brian or any of his friends at the bleachers, and she couldn't be more happier. Well she could, if she could go back in time and not go to Brian's stupid party that her only real friend Erica had made her do as a good bye to her friends before she moved to a different school on the other side of the town. Stupid Erica leaving. Stupid Erica's parents making her leave.

No one ever really talked to Isabella Sawyer if they weren't forced to do so in class, and it had felt so nice to actually be acknowledged for once outside the classrooms. And it definitely hadn't hurt that one of the most attractive guys at school had been the one acknowledging her. Sure, he'd been drunk and most likely just been looking for a hole to stick it in, but she hadn't cared and had thrown her dignity and beliefs out the window the second he had kissed her for the first time that night. They'd had sex in Brian's bed, and Isabella had left early the next morning, feeling sore and more than ashamed that she had been one of those girls at school, falling for his stupid ways.

Sighing in relief that she didn't have to tell Brian yet, Isabella walked to the parking lot where she had parked her dad's red old '65 Chevrolet Impala SS earlier that day. She had always loved that car and had been thrilled when her dad had said that she could take it when he moved back all the way to Nashville, Tennessee when he and her mom had gotten divorced last year.

She took her keys from her bag on her shoulder before stopping dead in her tracks when she looked up to see Brian and his friends hang around her car, seemingly admiring it.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

"Fuck."

-------------

"Zack, give me your lighter", Brian said with his smoke between his thin lips, holding his hand back behind his head. Feeling the lighter in his hand, he lit up his cigarette before giving it back to Zacky, thanking him. He inhaled the poisonous smoke before exhaling, letting a big white cloud of smoke drift away in the light breeze. He heard his friends make small talk behind him, and he smiled a little.

It was friday afternoon, and the school was over for yet another weekend. He'd been asked by his friend Jimmy if he wanted to be the lead guitarist in his and Zacky's band they had together with their other friend Matt, and he was fucking excited to play with them for the first time in Matt's garage tomorrow.

"So should we meet at my place at 1 pm then?", Matt asked regarding their band practice tomorrow from his place beside Brian, watching everyone but him smoke away on their cancer sticks.

"Yeah, sure. I'll just tell Johnny to meet us there", Jimmy blew out a cloud of smoke beside Zacky, talking about their newest bassist Johnny who already had ended his school day, being a freshman while the other band members were seniors.

"So, Brian, how does it feel? Are you nervous about tomorrow?", Matt teased, shoving his fist against Brian's shoulder lightly, smirking so his dimples were on show.

"Maybe a little, but I think some of the tension's gonna be gone by tomorrow. I have a date tonight", Brian smirked. He took a long drag from his cigarette before he blew out some smoke from a corner of his lips, smirking again at how eager his date for the evening had been when he had asked her out earlier that week.

"Dude, you're gonna get someone pregnant if you keep doing this shit", Zacky laughed a little, climbing down the bleachers to throw his cigarette on the ground to stomp on it, done smoking for now. Brian shook his head a little as he smirked, meeting Zacky's gaze. He heard Zacky laugh as he climbed back up to his place behind Brian, and let out a laugh himself as he puffed on his cigarette.

"You're fucking disgusting", Matt commented, shaking his head.

"Whatever, dude. The girls like it, so why stop?", Brian shrugged his shoulders a little, climbing down to stomp his smoke out on the ground like Zacky had done seconds ago. He stretched a little before climbing back up to take his place again after he had seen that Jimmy wasn't done smoking yet.

"All I'm saying is, I don't wanna be a Godfather at eighteen", Matt said seriously before breaking out in a laugh at Brian's glare, before getting punched hard on his arm by him.

"Fuck off, nothing's gonna happen", Brian defended himself, glaring at Matt.

"Come on, we've had this conversation too many times already", Jimmy said, his slight lisp apparent, as he climbed down to stomp out his cigarette. "Now, you lot ready to go?", he asked fishing for his car key from his pants pocket. Everyone nodded and climbed down the bleachers, before walking back to the parking lot, taking a different path behind the school than Isabella, who had taken the front.

"Look at that car, dudes!", Zacky exclaimed excitedly seeing a red Impala standing lonely a few yards away from Jimmy's black dirty truck and Brian's dad's burgundy truck.

"Now that's a nice car", Matt agreed, walking around it to the driver's side checking the car's paint.

"They've got a Van Halen cd lying inside, sweet!", Brian said excitedly, peeking inside the passenger side door's window.

"It's so pretty", Zacky stroked the car on the backside in awe.

"Stop drooling, you goof", Jimmy said laughing at Zacky, as he stood watching the three younger boys admire the car.

"Wonder whose it is, I've never seen it here before", Matt asked no one in particular, walking around the car to check the front of it.

"It's mine, actually", Isabella interrupted their admiring a few feet away from them with a shy smile putting her blonde hair behind her ear, making the four older boys turn their attention to her.

"That's yours? Wow", Zacky asked with slightly wide eyes, before looking back down at the car.

"Yeah", Isabella nodded her head a little, smiling lightly when Matt looked up at her from the car, grinning at her so his dimples were showing. What a guy magnet. Score. she thought to herself, but snorted out loud accidentally. Her hands flew up to cover her mouth, as Isabella stared at Matt in horror. He laughed out loud at her, winking at her before he went back to look at the car.

"Hi Bella", Jimmy smiled at her when he saw her cheeks redden in embarrassment. She looked up at the freakishly tall boy as he walked towards her, still smiling.

"Hi Jim", she answered, her cheeks reddening even more.

"Hey, it's nothing to be embarrassed about", Jimmy laughed a little, clapping her shoulder lightly. She smiled a little, his words actually making her feel a little better.

She never really got used to being greeted by the older boy, even though he had greeted her every time he hadn't skipped math class this past year.

Suddenly feeling a little more confident around the three other guys thanks to Jimmy, she straightened herself and smirked up at Jimmy, wanting to ignore telling Brian for as long as possible now that she had run into them.

"So, we missed you in class today", she teased.

"Ah well, you know, got things to see, people to do", he smirked back at her, making her laugh a little.

"Oh I see", Isabella nodded her head slowly, still smirking.

"Well, I'm gonna have to get going, I have to get ready for my date tonight", Brian said feeling awkward being around Isabella, considering they hadn't talked since sleeping with each other, not that they ever had talked since elementary school before sleeping together. He remembered sleeping with her, but not why. He didn't really care, though, she was hot so it didn't matter. "You coming Matt?"

Matt looked at Brian, sensing his nervousness and smirked before mouthing "dick" at him. Brian just glared at him, nodding his head towards his car with a look that could kill.

"Yeah, sure. Ciao Bella", Matt winked at Isabella before saying goodbye to Jimmy and Zacky, walking to Brian's car with Brian.

Isabella blushed again at Matt's goodbye to her as she smiled saying goodbye herself, before she sighed, remembering that Brian really did have to know that he was going to be a father, she couldn't ignore it anymore. It's now or never.

"Brian!", Isabella called out after him, making him look back at her with a raised eyebrow just as he was about to unlock his car. "Can I talk to you for a sec?", she continued, meeting Jimmy's questioning gaze for a short second before looking back at Brian. He smirked nodding, before looking back at Matt who rolled his eyes at Brian's smirk.

"So, Bella", Brian smirked, leaning against her car with arms crossed in front of her. "What'd you want to talk about?"

"I kind of have something to tell you, and it's important", she looked up at him, suddenly feeling very nervous. She should have thought about how she was going to tell him before she approached him. Dammit.

"Okay, so what is it?", he said, his smirk fading away. He had thought that she wanted to get together with him again.

"Uh...", her gaze flicked to Jimmy's as he stood beside them. Jimmy got the hint before backing away, smiling at her.

"Come on Zack, let's go", he said throwing his arm around the shorter boy's shoulders as he walked towards his car. She heard Matt ask Jimmy if he could go with him instead of Brian as she stared up at the side of Brian's face, as he said that it was okay when Matt asked him too if it was okay for him to go with Jimmy instead of Brian.

Looking back down at Isabella, Brian caught her staring at him, and he smirked when she blushed again.

"You weren't this shy last time I, uh, saw you", he commented, smirking when she looked away from him. Isabella's head snapped back to him with wide eyes, blushing more furiously. Brian laughed out loud at her, shaking his head. "So what did you want to talk about? I'd like to go home and freshen up before my date."

"It kind of has to do with last time you, uh, saw me, actually. And I guess it's bad news...", Isabella trailed off as she watched Jimmy drive by them, waving happily. She waved back at him, laughing a little at Matt who made a funny face. Her attention went back to Brian when he gasped.

"What, do you have some kind of disease down there or something?", Brian panicked with wide eyes.

"What? No!", Isabella looked at him with a crazy look in her eyes. "I do not have some disease 'down there'", she continued feeling offended, using air quotations.

"Are you sure? 'Cause I can't go on a date with that shit", Brian explained with wide eyes and eyebrows high on his forehead.

"You are disgusting", Isabella shook her head looking down at the ground between them, letting a humorless laugh out. Why on earth did she think sleeping with him was a good idea? Brian glared at her and crossed his arms again.

"What did you want to talk about?", he snapped, not liking Isabella's insult. Isabella looked up and Brian saw the change in her eyes. Was she scared of something? He furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding what she needed to tell him.

"I, uh...", Isabella suddenly felt like it was hard to breathe, and she ran a hand through her hair to calm herself.

"You what?", Brian asked, searching her face with his gaze. She looked up at him again with her mouth slightly ajar, ready to tell him, but those two words just. wouldn't. get. out.

"I'm... Oh God", Isabella let out a heavy breath. This was a lot harder than she had expected it to be.

"Well?", Brian asked impatiently.

"I'm pregnant", she blurted out, and suddenly it got easier to breathe again. Feeling like some of the weight on her shoulders had lifted, she sighed heavily. Well that felt good.

"You're what?", Brian asked with a laugh, not believing her. When he saw the intense look in her eyes and saw the serious expression on her face, he laughed again. "You're not serious are you? Is this some kind of wicked joke or something?"

"No", she simply said looking him in the eyes as she shook her head. "You and your stupid dick got me pregnant."

"You're serious?", Brian started to panic again.

"I am serious, I am pregnant. And it can only be yours, because you're the only one I've slept with, ever", she mumbled the last word looking away from him, not wanting him to hear it.

"I...", Brian backed and leaned against the back of her car, running his hands over his face. "You're what?!"

"Look, I know this is the thing you least want to hear right now, but I'm pregnant. I just wanted you to know because you have every right to, and mom said I had to tell you. I just-", Isabella started before being interrupted.

"Does your mom know I did this to you? Is she gonna tell my dad and Suzy? Oh God", Brian panicked gripping his hair tightly.

"Calm down, she doesn't know it's you", Isabella assured him, walking to stand in front of him. "I just wanted you to know that you can be as involved as you want to, it's not like I'm gonna show up at your front door and expect you to take care of me and the baby, or like I'm gonna keep you from seeing it."

"Can't you get rid of it?", Brian asked, now feeling irritated that she hadn't done anything about it. She possibly couldn't be ready to have a baby, she was only seventeen.

"What?"

"Can't you just, I don't know, take care of it?"

"Are you being serious? I can't just go kill it like that, it already has a heartbeat, I heard it yesterday myself", Isabella got upset that he could even think something like that. Sure, she didn't want to have the baby right now either, but she would never be able to do something like that.

"Are you gonna give it up for adoption then?", Brian asked hopefully, looking up at her with pleading eyes.

"I don't know", she answered, sighing. "Maybe."

"Well I don't want anything to do with it."

Isabella looked up at him in disbelief. Was he really gonna be that selfish and ignorant?

"That's real mature, Brian. Get me pregnant and don't care for the consequences", she shook her head at him. "You are so selfish."

"Whatever, I'm outta here. Have a nice life", Brian said as he started walking towards his car, not wanting to deal with the mess he and Isabella had created two and a half months ago.

Suddenly feeling absolutely furious at what Brian had said and at his selfishness, Isabella picked up a small rock and chucked it at his head, hitting him on his neck. Brian whipped around with a murderous look in his eyes as his hand flew to his neck where the rock had hit him. Isabella glared back at him with crossed arms, and watched him get in his truck and then drive away fast.