Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel!

Knocked Up

Chapter Nine

"Guys, I have something to tell you", Brian started as everyone was starting to pack all their gear up from their band practice. Jimmy met Brian's gaze from behind his drum set and smiled at him, proud that Brian was strong enough to tell his other friends his news without breaking down out of nervousness, something he'd been close to do before he told his parents.

"What is it?", Johnny asked as he set his bass down carefully so it leaned against the old couch Matt's parents had placed in their spacious garage.

"Are you quitting the band?", Zacky asked with wide eyes and a pout from his place beside Brian. "Please don't quit the band."

"No way that I'm quitting, I fuckin' love this", Brian laughed a little as he motioned his hand at the instruments around the room.

Zacky sighed in relief. "Thank fuck for that."

"Then what is it?", Johnny questioned again as he sat down on the couch next to Matt.

"You know how Isabella Sawyer has been contacting me these last few months?", Brian started as he sat down on the cold cement ground in front of the couch where everyone except Jimmy was sitting.

Matt felt his heart skip a beat at the mention of his crush's name. He also felt his cheeks flush when he saw Jimmy's eyes on him, looking at him with an almost sympathetic smile. Why was Jimmy giving him that look? He mentally shook his head when he heard Brian continuing, stopping him before he could think more of the look Jimmy was giving him.

"Well there's a reason for that. I'm definitely not proud of it, but I-"

"You got her pregnant!", Zacky exclaimed pointing his finger at Brian.

"How did you know?!", Brian asked flabbergasted, staring up at Zacky on the couch with his mouth slightly ajar.

"I just guessed!", Zacky explained himself with wide eyes. "I was right?"

"You slept with Bella Sawyer? The blonde, short, shy girl in Jim's math class?", Johnny asked in disbelief looking down at Brian. Brian nodded, and Johnny continued, shaking his head.

"I didn't know she was one of those girls."

"Hey", Jimmy started, getting defensive, not liking the way his friend spoke of Isabella. "She's not. She just... made a mistake. You know how Brian is."

"Hey!", it was now Brian's turn to get defensive. "You make it sound like I'm fuckin'... horrible."

"You are, with girls. And don't deny it, you know it yourself", Jimmy continued with a harsh stare.

As Brian continued defending himself, Matt zoned out as he stared at the stone wall behind Brian with an empty look in his eyes. Isabella was pregnant? Matt's heart had dropped when Brian had confirmed Zacky's assumption. He felt betrayed by his friend, but he knew it was stupid to feel that way, because Brian didn't have a clue about his crush on the girl. He had wanted to keep it a secret, so he hadn't told anyone, so it wasn't fair of him to blame Brian and feel angry and hurt.

He had never thought that Isabella Sawyer of all girls, would become one of Brian's playthings. She wasn't like the other girls Brian hooked up with; popular, shallow, and in most cases, unbelievably dumb. She hadn't bragged like most of the girls Brian slept with did, and for that, Matt was happy, because his heart wouldn't have been able to take it if she had been proud that she had been 'Brian's girl'.

But the fact that she actually had been one of Brian's girls, made him feel absolutely heartbroken, convincing himself that he'd never have a shot on her now, and especially not when they were going to have a baby.

"So are you gonna drop out of school next year or what?", Matt heard Johnny ask Brian, as he came back to reality.

"Nah, I'm still gonna go to school, and I'm gonna take a job if they ever offer me one, so that I can support the baby. Mom and dad are gonna pay for the first year of school, so I don't have to worry about that", Brian explained as he brushed his hands off on his pants, now sitting with crossed legs on the ground. Johnny nodded slowly, taking the information in.

"So we're gonna be uncles, huh?", Zacky asked after a few moments of silence, laughing softly.

"I guess you are", Brian smiled a little as he looked down at his hands on his legs. He was actually starting to like the idea of having a kid. What is happening with me? he thought to himself just before he heard Matt speak for the first time since they'd sat down.

"Do you know the sex of the baby yet?", Matt asked curiously. He wanted to know if Isabella was having a girl or a boy.

"It's a girl", Brian smiled up at Matt softly, but his smile faded quickly when he was met by Matt's glare.

"I bet she's gonna be hot when she's eighteen", Zacky laughed a little when Brian slapped his leg, glaring at him.

"With Isabella being her mom? She's definitely gonna be attractive", Johnny agreed with Zacky, grinning as he wiggled his eyebrows at Brian.

"Don't talk about my daughter like that", Brian glared at them.

"Don't worry, Brian, she's probably not going to want to be with those old fucks then. You're gonna be thirty six by then, Zack", Jimmy grinned as he left his place behind the drum set and walked around it to clap Brian's shoulder when he had stood up. Brian just shook his head at them all.

"Immature fuckers."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the recommendations, comments and subscriptions, everyone! I really appreciate it, I didn't believe anyone would want to read this when I posted the first chapter, haha :-D