Status: Done

The Saints Can't Help Me Now

Goodbyes

I give a Frieda a huge hug in the airport. She is bawling like a baby of course but just smile and wipe her cheeks. "You can come visit me when the baby is born, sweetie."

She sniffs. "If you have any of the needing, I will have the returning!" She sighs and hugs me again. "I will have the missing of you, liebling."

I laugh. Same old Frieda. "I'll miss you too. Call whenever you can, okay?"

I give her one last hug before she goes through the gates. My mom squeezes my shoulders and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You okay, kiddo?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm doing better than Fried." I laugh as I see her still bawling walking through the gates. My mom laughs too.

"She loves you. She's a good kid, just like you. Maybe a little more responsible though." She smirks. "You ready to go?

I give her a nod and we drive back home. Johnny is waiting for me, seeing that it's his last day here as well. I greet him with a hug and we go inside.

"I have a gift for Matthew in the car. Where is he?"

I smile wide. "He's at my grandma's, but I can give it to him when he comes home."

Johnny shows me the toy airplane he got him in his favorite color, green. "The one time I talked to him he told me about how much he liked planes because his sister comes on one when she visits from cauliflower." He chuckles.

I gives him a hug and a kiss. "You're sweet."

He keeps a hold of me. "I'm going to miss you."

"I nuzzle in his shoulder and kiss him on the neck. "Visit me soon, okay?"

He nods. "Take care of yourself, and your little babe. Keep me updated."

I nod back. "You know I will, papa Knoxville."

His cheeks turn red. and he puts a hand on my stomach. "What if it isn't mine?" He frowns.

"As far as I'm concerned, it will be. As long as you want it to be, at least." I look down.

He picks up my chin, looking into my eyes, and kisses me. "Of course I do, sweetheart. I will always be here."

I finally feel content. I honestly don't care who's baby it is because Johnny said he will be here and I believe him. Although the last few months have been crazy and life-changing, I wouldn't trade them for anything. In the next few months I will prepare for a baby and for a life with Johnny. I'll be more responsible, and I will connect with my family again. It will be hard to adjust again after being gone so long, but I want to do it.

I give Johnny one last kiss before he leaves and mutter three little words before closing the door.

"I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
And there it is. This story is long overdue for an ending. Thanks to everyone who commented and subscribed and recommended! I appreciate it! If you haven't yet, be sure to check out my other story! Thanks!