Status: I don't know where I'm going or what I'm writing but if you want it then I will.

Of Jack and Danny.

My Single Moment of Sincerity

By this point Ben had detached himself from my arm and gotten up and left his space in the small circle.
I watched after his back as he left the room, trying my best not to look as confused as I felt. Which I'd been doing a pretty good job of so far.
Things hadn't been exactly clear though, not since that stupid fucking bottle had landed on my best friend. Because that kiss.. that kiss had left me reeling slightly. There was no point in trying to pretend that I hadn't felt something. I had no idea exactly what the something was, but it had been there.
James and I had kissed and there had been nothing. But when Ben and I- oh fucking hell, I was screwed.
Never before had I felt anything like that for my best friend, I simply couldn't have even thought about him in that way for even a moment. 
Not until now.
Spin the bottle was a stupid game, I shouldn't have bothered to even suggest it. 
We were drunk though. Ben was drunk, I was drunk. 
Everyone got horny when they were drunk, so maybe it was this and the spirit goggles kicking in. That was entirely possible.
"I'd better go check he's not reversing his alcohol." I finally address the others, deciding that I was going to have to test this theory for myself.

I munched on my second sandwich, washing it down with a large glass of water in attempt to sober myself up.
Luckily my head was beginning to feel a hell of a lot clearer, I dumped the buttery knife in the sink and drained the glass.
"Right." I tell myself, running my fingers through my hair and taking a deep breath in aid of composing myself.
I had to find Ben and sort this whole thing out - I just needed to know whether I was going to have to start seriously questioning my life choices.

I trudged up the stairs, knocking lightly on the door to the bathroom. I heard some scrambling behind the closed door, followed by a splash of water and then the pull of the flush.
Ben pulled the door open, stepping out and giving me a weak smile. His hair was slightly damp and his smile looked pretty shaky.
"You okay there, Benny?" I asked with a sudden worried frown flickering across my forehead. 
"Y-Yeah, Danny." He nods, his hair sticking up at all sorts of odd angles as he ran his fingers through it. "I'm fine.."
I studied him carefully for a moment, narrowing my eyes and trying to work out what he had been doing in there. His eyes were slightly red-rimmed.. but then again drinking did that yo you sometimes.
"You didn't puke, did you?" I asked him, attempting to peer over his shoulder and into the bathroom.
"No, Danny." Ben sighed with a shake of his head. "Why?" He added after a pause, his head tipping curiously.
I took a deep breath, looking at my best friend for a few moments before finally murmuring; "or I wouldn't want to do this." 
With that comment I cupped his head in my hands, pressing my lips against his. I felt him jump in surprise, his body tensing for a moment before it relaxed and almost melted against mine.
Shit.
I felt something.
For Ben.
My best friend.
I pulled away from him suddenly, unable to think straight as I took a few steps backwards. 
"I'm sorry." I mumble, shaking my head at him and turning away to head back for the stairs.

This was not a good thing. The kiss was supposed to confirm the fact it was all just a drunken mistake, that it was the effect if alcohol on my already sexually frustrated personality.
I wasn't into guys.. I never had been. I certainly wasn't fucking gay for my best friend.
At least I could blame it on alcohol - maybe I wasn't as sober as I thought. 
It was at that moment when I decided that this was an incident to be erased from memory. 
Yeah, very mature, Danny. Just pretend it never fucking happened. 
♠ ♠ ♠
FILLERY DANNY POV WEIRDNESS.
IDK WHAT'S GOING ON, YAY. c':