Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Baby Prison

"Dom, it's daycare time. Pick a toy and lets go, John's gonna freak out if I'm late again." I yelled into his bedroom from where I was making our breakfast. Cheerios, dry and non-spillable during a walk.

"But I want music." He shouted back, dragging his favorite stuffed animal behind him. It was a seal he'd named Doctor Mordor. So what if I let him watch Lord of the Rings when he was two? He went around calling everyone Frodo for a good month and a half and it was pretty goddamn hilarious.

"We can listen to some on the way over. What band do you want?"

"Daddy band!"

"Sure dude. Here's breakfast, don't spill it, lets go."

I put the way-too-big-and-probably-not-meant-for-a-three-year-old headphones on his head, picked him up, and started the walk to daycare. I hoped Dom wouldn't get in trouble again, but I knew he probably would. What can I say, the kid likes to bite. He sang along loudly to Boy Division, probably waking up everyone within a twenty mile radius. 

"Mommy, I want a puppy like Daddy has." He said, taking off his headphones.

"Dude, you know pets aren't allowed in our building."

"Please mommy? Pleasey pleasey please?"

"Okay, fine, I'll see what I can do. There's one condition, though. You don't bite anyone at all for one month and maybe you'll get a puppy."

"People taste icky anyway."

"Cool. We've got a deal."

We got to the relatively big building in about ten minutes. As always, Dominik was the first kid there. In fact, his favorite teacher, Lucy, wasn't even there yet. I had to wait until she came so he wouldn't go berserk and start screaming for her. Lucy was a cute little asian lady, not any taller than five feet with tattoos down her arms. She was really pretty too. Dom thought he was going to marry her one day, but I think the twenty four year age difference would've gotten in the way. She got there a few minutes later, so I could go next door and serve people coffee all day.

"Where in the world have you been? I opened up three minutes ago! What if we had a customer?" I heard someone shout when I walked in. 

"Wow, sorry dude." I shouted on habit.

"Nah, Jill, it's cool. John didn't even show up today, so it's just us. He said something about a stomach flu. Totally got you though, I told you my John impression was getting better." My friend Gavin laughed. 

"Sweet. You should totally use it to mess with people."

"You think I won't? Anyway, hows it going? Is the little dude off at baby prison?"

"Yep. What do you wanna do until someone actually comes to this little shithole?"

"Well, we could always make ou-"

"For the last fucking time, no, Gavin. If I ever want to make out with you, I will tell you. Stop asking." There was one thing about Gavin that everyone should know. He will hit on anyone and everyone, regardless of gender, age, and even relationship status. I've seen him hit on both people in a couple at the same time and get both their numbers, undoubtedly having some sort of weird sex with them at some point in the future. Dude's a legend. 

"Well, it was worth a shot."

"That's what you say every day."

"C'mon babe, you know I'm still awesome."

"Yeah, I know."