No More

Chapter One

“I think I’m in love with you…” He whispered in my ear. He kissed my cheek then my jaw, down to my neck and chest and back up. Gently brushing my skin with his lips leaving it tingling. Our hands intertwined as he kissed every part of my body he could reach. He pulled me in close to his body, tighter and tighter. I couldn’t breath but some how I wanted him to hold me closer to him. I gasped as he ran his fingers up and down my legs, my butt, my stomach.
“McKENZI MAYE RINEHART!” my mom yelled up the stairs and pulled me out of my revere. That all happened 4 months ago, now…. Everything is different we barley speak and it kills me but of course Marcus doesn‘t know that. I thought he was the one, I gave everything up to him, for him, and now… now I’m empty.
It all began two weeks before the moment he told me he was in love with me. I confessed to his sister, my best friend, that I was falling for her brother. She told him. Period, she told him and that is where it all began…..
“So my sister told me something the other day…” he said in his deep baritone voice
“Oh really?” I replied, “and what is that?” I smiled
“She told me that you told her that you…. Well you….”
“I… what?”
“That you liked me…. a lot…” he said quietly, shyly
“Oh, well I’m not gunna lie to you…. I kinda do…” I replied in the same tone as him
“Well, I wanna let you in on a little secret.”
“And what is that?” I asked hoping it would be what I thought it was
“I kinda like you a lot too Kenzi….” He whispered it so quietly I had to lean in to hear him, I think that is what he wanted because right then and there was our first kiss. He met me there where I had leaned in and kissed me with soft, smooth perfect lips that tasted like mint toothpaste and watermelon bubblegum. His hands found mine and we stopped and looked at each other for awhile. He would look into my bright green eyes, smile, and kiss me again with the smile still on his lips. I was in paradise.
I went home that night and called my best friend Jake, Jake has been my best friend for as long as I can remember and i always told him everything and he did the same, but the line was busy. While I waited for Jake to call back I called my other best friend Miranda and told her every little detail. “Hold on,” I told her, “Jake’s beeping in, I’ll call you back” and I clicked the send button to transfer the call to the other line.
“OOHH LA LA!!!” he screamed into the phone, laughing.
“Oh shut up!!” I said back with a smile. It was times like this when I was glad we were talking on the phone because my cheeks turned bright red and my smile went from ear to ear. Jake would have never let it go.
“You kissed-ed my best-est BUDDIE!!!” he started laughing again, I could just picture the huge imp-like grin on his face.
“Not technically, TECHNICALLY he kissed me!” I laughed
“ Why didn’t you tell me!?!?!?!?!” he freaked
“Ok first… I tried calling you but the line was busy, second I’m assuming it was busy cause you were talking to Marc because you already know and third it JUST happened!!!” and I laughed even more
“You need to come get me NOW!!” he said excitedly
“Why?”
“Cause!!! I need DETAILS!!!” He said in his best impression of a gay voice.
I drove over to Jake’s house and walked in yelling, “I’M HOME!! Hey dad!” His dad looked at me and said “well hey-a sweetie what have you been up to?”
“Oh nothing’ much! Came to play xbox” he smiled. In case you are wondering I call Jake’s dad, Kevin, dad because I’m pretty much adopted into their family of two guys, his dad likes to say I add “feminine charm” to the place.
I walked down the hall and into the living room where I grabbed the extra Xbox controller, plopped onto the couch and started killing the little blue people who were not on my team.
“Sooooo?!?!?!?!” Jake looked at me expectedly
“So what?”I laughed and smiled, “it was no big deal!”
“OH BULL SH- Crap!” Jake yelled
“Watch the language!” Kevin yelled from the kitchen
“Sorry Dad!!!” I yelled back
“Oh just tell me! Please! Please! Please! Please!” Jake begged
“Oh FINE! Just SHUT UP!!” I laughed again, “We were just talking and he told me that Sarah (his sister) told him that I liked him and I said yea and he said that he like me too then we kissed and played Nazi Zombies the rest of the time…. Which I dominated at by the way!” I boasted
“so what? Are you guys a thing now?” Jake asked
“I don‘t know…maybe?”
“well you need to figure it out!”
“Well duh! don’t you think I know that?!?!” I laughed once more, something about Jake and his house just made me smile and laugh.
“So ask him!”
“No! we seriously JUST found out we liked each other!” I said
“SO!!! You also just freakin’ KISSED him!!” Jake said back
“I did not!! He kissed me!!” I yelled at him in faux anger. It was completely silent for a beat and then we both started laughing hysterically.
TONIGHT TONIGHT THERE’S A PARTY ON THE ROOF TOP ON TOP OF THE WORLD TONIGHT TONIGHT AND WE’RE DANCING ON THE EDGE OF THE HOLLYWOOD SIGN
Jake and I started laughing harder and I clicked the button on my phone to see who the text was from.
NEW TEXT MESSAGE!
MARCUS (:
I clicked the “ok” button to read the message: Hey (: ur comin over tomorrow right? (: 3-29-2011 :)
“AWWWW!!!” Jake screamed in my ear.
“What?”
“That’s sooooooo CUTE!!”
“Ok you can shut up and go away!” I said and I pushed his head away smiling. His texting signature was today's date, the date of our first kiss.
Jake must have realized that because that is when he smugly commented, “That’s my boy! Following’ my eight steps to success!”
“Screw you!” I yelled at Jake’s laughing. I clicked the reply button and typed: Well thts only if u want me 2 (: ~Kenzii~
“So what are we gunna do the rest of the day?” Jake asked me obviously bored.
“I don’t care,” I chuckled, “Whatever, I don’t think anything could ruin this day” I said blushing, realizing Jake would never let me live this moment down. But oh well, what I said had been true, nothing could ruin today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh so pretty anticlimactic but it gets better... I hope!! Comment and tell me what you think!