Status: Updating as often as possible :)

Another Wave Has Turned Its Back On Me

Oh, You Capture My Attention

I'm running. Running so fast that I can't stop and my knees are almost giving out. The boiling hot red liquid is chasing me, while I'm greeted by swirling winds overhead. I try to run back, feeling as if I've forgotten to be the hero, and save whoever needs to be saved. I see my dad and my little sister calling out for me. And I don't want to leave them behind. But as I turn to try to save the day, the large and scattered dark rocks on the gravel trip me, my legs finally giving up, and I fall hard into the ashes and rubble. Leaving the evil, burning liquid to consume me; leaving me to be saved.

Sweat rolls off my forehead, while I awake from my own legs twitching. I have this dream too often lately. Especially since my selfish mother committed suicide one month ago, which was ruled an "accidental" overdose. While I never lived with her and my parents were divorced for years, she just left us behind. Now all I have is myself, my dad, and my 8 year old sister, Camilla. To remove ourselves from nothing but bad memories in Jersey, we're moving back to my birthplace and home, San Diego.

I never was able to actually fit in here in Jersey. The kids were all rich and stuck up. Everyone is always rushing and misplacing their "please and thank you"s with "move and get the fuck out of my face"s. It wasn't where I lived. It's where I survived for the last six years, being that I moved here at twelve years old, and I'm eighteen now. Having no real friends for six years can really take a toll on a person, especially during their teen years. But since we were moving back to San Diego, my two childhood best friends should remember me. They were Vic and Mike Fuentes, both obviously brothers, and family friends since I was born. My dad had owned a painting business with their dad, and were friends since their high school days. We were moving back in hopes that my dad could also rekindle his friendship with papa Fuentes, and begin a new and improved business together. 

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I rolled out of bed, collapsing on the floor. I was never a morning person. I sighed in defeat and got up to go shower the nightmares off. Once I was done, I tousled my wet, black curls with a towel and looked at my right thigh, disgusted by the scars and new slices, aligned perfectly where no one but me could see. Since I figured today is my first day back at school in California, and in the new house, I should probably attempt to look presentable today. I dabbed on some foundation, covering the dark circles under my eyes, along with some mineral power and a light pink blush. I decided on only a thin, dark wing on my top lids, and mascara to bolden my already long lashes. I checked for mistakes and looked into the mirror. I had speckled green and blue eyes, almost a perfect mix of my mom and dad's. Enjoying the fact that it was always sunny and warm here, rather than the gloomy winters in jersey, I pulled on some distressed shorts, and my ex boyfriends old band shirt, sleeves cut. 

I continued walking out of my room and down the hall, being cautious not to trip on the moving boxes scattered all around. 
"Alexandrea, you're already late for school. Your keys are on the counter," my dad called from the kitchen, helping my 8 year old sister Camilla tie her pink sneakers. 
"I'm going, I know. See you later Cammy," I shouted, sprinting to the front door. 
"I'll miss you Al, BYEEE," she yelled back, running up to me and hugging my leg. When she finally released herself and ran back inside I shut the front door and walked down the hot driveway to my black jeep, parked behind my dad's truck. I got in, revving the vehicle to life while looking around, waiting for the AC to kick in and cool me off. 

Just as I went to back out, a boy just about my age ran directly behind my car. I stopped immediately and jumped out of the car, bumping into him as I did. 
"Oh my god I'm so sorry are you okay?" I almost yelled in his face. I realized how close we were and backed up an inch or two so I could take in his features. He had dark brown hair that was wavy and a few tattoos going up his visible and, I'll admit, toned arms. His eyes were a light brown and he had stretched ears, way bigger than mine. He even had a small dermal piercing right below his eye. He was pretty attractive. While I was practically checking him out, I didn't even realize he was talking.

"Um.. Hello?" he waved his hand in front of my face, smirking at me staring at him. 
"Oh hi sorry. I uh.. What?" I said, slightly turning my head and returning the grin. 
"Did you just move here? Because I live in the house to the left." he gestured to the house behind me and I nodded. "Well you were on your way to school right? We're kinda late but I'll drive you if you want," I wanted to take up his offer, being that I found him attractive and inviting, but I shrugged it off. I don't rely on people. 

"Thanks but I'm okay. I'll see you there, though." 
"Alright, then" he also shrugged, walking off as I made my way back into my car, when he turned around. "Hey, what's your name?" he lightly shouted. 
"Alexandrea. Call me Alex" I smiled a little, "Your's?"
"I'm Tony, see you around I guess.. Alex" he nodded to himself, as if taking in the way my name sounded when he said it. He smiled sincerely and waved, walking to his driveway and into his car, just to the left of mine. 

I shook the thought of his smile out of my head and pulled a pack of Marlboro lights out from under my seat. I took out one of the calming sticks and placed it between my lips, lighting it and taking in the cancerous smoke. It calmed my nerves as I thought about my possible reuniting with the Fuentes brothers today in school. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm doing this from mobile, so it's kind of hard to space everything out and yeah. I hope someone likes it. The first chapter is clearly uneventful. It just gives you Alex's background information and stuff, but she meets get new neighbor Tony. :) Tell me if this completely sucks please, it's my first chapter so bare with me haha. Thank you if you read it. Also Vic, Mike, and most likely Jaime should come in the next chapter.