Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 011:

Chapter Eleven
-Isabella-
“Congratulations, Sidney,” I said as I smiled towards Sidney for he had just won the 2007 MVP award.

“Thanks,” he said as he hugged my side and we headed into the house.

The season was over and Evgeni and Sidney were heading back home for the summer. Almost nine months had passed and for whatever reason, the darkling population started to retreat out of Pennsylvania. I don’t know where they were going, but things were starting to go back to normal, well, our normal.

“When do you leave, Geno?” I asked as I linked arms with him as we walked into the house.

“No leave, I stay here,” he said and I looked at little surprise, “You want me go?”

“No, no!” I laughed, “I just thought you would go home and see your family.”

“They come here,” he answered and I was confused, “They come see me.”

“Oh,” I answered hoping that my father had approved this.

“I happy to see them,” he smiled and I matched his smile and nodded my head.

Evgeni’s English had gotten a lot better, but he still needed work. We walked into the house and I parted with him when he walked into his room. I followed headed towards Sidney’s room and saw that his door was opened and that he was packing.

“When do you leave?” I asked, hating the fact that he was leaving because I had grown rather close with him.

“My flight takes off in three days,” he said and I sighed and walked into his room, “Why are you so depressed?”

“Because it’s gunna be boring around here.”

“Oh so I keep you entertained?” Sidney said and I could hear the humor in his voice.

“Don’t let it go to your head!” I laughed as I climbed onto his bed and leaned over the side, watching as he dug through his closet, “You look like you’re having fun.”

“Oh yeah, this is such a blast,” he said and I laughed.

“You know you’ve been here almost two years and you never told me what your home was like,” I said and he stuck his head outside of his closet and smirked.

“I never told you what Nova Scotia was like?” he asked and I shook my head, “Really?”

“Really really,” I answered and he stood up and walked over towards me, sitting down on the bed.

“Well, its cold and wet,” he said and I laughed, “There that’s about it.”

“Come on!” I whined seeing that he was standing up again.

“All right, all right! I don’t know, most of the time I was in the arena,” he said and then laid back on the bed and I rolled onto my bed and looked at him, “In the summer time it’s beautiful, there’s this lake that most of the people fish in, I remember when I was younger my sister and I went there to go swimming and her a piece of seaweed got tangled in her hair and she screamed so loud,” he laughed as he remember his past and I smiled, “She was screaming bloody murder and kept on hitting me when I was trying to get it out.”

“I’m guessing you got it out?” I smirked and Sidney nodded his head.

“I think that was about six years ago, I was thirteen and she was about five. That was before she knew about her spirit,” he said and then sighed, “Now she’s a wolf plus a telly.”

“That must be hard,” I said and he nodded his head.

“She’s constantly having headaches, or at least I think she did,” he said and I sat up and looked at him, “I think my dad found another telly and she was teaching Taylor to control her powers.”

“How old is Taylor?”

“She’s about eleven or twelve now,” he said and I nodded my head, “Why?”

“She looks older than she really is when I met her.”

“Yeah, a lot of people say that,” he laughed and I laid back down next to her, laying on my stomach, “It’ll be interesting when she gets older.”

“You’ll be fighting those guys off of her.”

“I’ll be happy to break my hockey sticks to make sure no one hurts my sister,” he said and I laughed.

“Are there a lot of spirits in Canada?”

“Not really or at least not that I know of. I met more here in one month than I did the first eighteen years of my life there,” he said and I nodded my head, “Well you knew, I didn’t really care, I just wanted to play hockey.”

“And like you care now,” I laughed and he looked serious, which made me stop.

“I do care, I’ve learned a lot of new things, and I need to care about them,” he said as he leaned up onto his side and looked at me, “You can’t say that I don’t care.”

“No, I guess not,” I said as I watched as Sidney stared at me, and it was starting to get a little weird, “I’d better go check up on Evgeni.”

“All right,” Sidney answered sadly and I climbed out of the bed and left the room.

“Have fun packing,” I said and he laughed as I walked out of the room.

I walked down towards Evgeni’s room and heard that he was on the phone with some, and he was talking in Russian, so it was probably someone from his family since he was laughing. I sighed and then continued down the hall and saw my brother coming towards me looking like he was in deep thought.

“Luka?” I asked and then watched as he walked right passed me, acting as if I wasn’t even there. I was confused and turned my body watching my brother, “Luka?!” I called but he kept walking. I growled because I didn’t like being ignored and then ran after him, “Hey! Luka!” I yelled and grabbed his shoulder.

“Huh? What?” he looked around complete dazed, “Izzy?”

“What’s going on?” Sidney asked as he walked out of his room.

“Are you all right?” I asked Luka and he looked at me confused and then looked around the hallway.

“How the hell did I get here?” he asked and I was taken back a little surprised.

“Is all ok?” I heard Evgeni ask from behind me.

“Come on,” I grabbed Luka’s arm and then turned around and grabbed Evgeni’s arm and pulled them into Sidney’s room.

“What’s going on?” Sidney asked as I shut the door and placed Luka on the bed.

“Luka look at me,” I ordered and Luka did.

“Iz, what’s going-“

“Shut up, Luka,” I growled as I placed my hands on each side of his head and took a deep breath, “Concentrate on the passed for minutes.”

“All right,” he said and then took a deep breath.

-Sidney-
“What’s going on?” I asked completely confused as to what was going on, and then seeing that Geno was next to me just as confused as me. Isabella was holding Luka’s head and they had their eyes closed. There was a light coming out of their bodies and my eyes widened, “What is that?”

“Spirits are touching,” Geno answered and I looked at him confused, “You not know about this?”

“No,” I said and all he could do was shrug his shoulders, ‘…Lot of help you are…’

I heard Isabella growl and looked back towards her to see that her eyes were blacked with the gold center, her spirit was leaking out, “There’s a telly here.”

“What?” Luka asked confused, “Who?”

“Don’t know, but someone wiped your memory from the past few minutes.”

“Why would they do that?” Luka asked and I walked over towards them.

“What’s going on?” I asked and Isabella looked at me.

“All of you stay here!” she growled and walked over towards the door.

“Izzy! If there’s a telly here then you’re in danger too!”

“Whoever they are, they most likely know that our spirits touched, I need to find out where this person is and find out what they’re up to!” Isabella said as she opened the door.

“I’m still confused as to what this whole spirit touching thing is,” I said and Isabella growled and stormed out of the room.

“We can pull our spirits out of our bodies, just a little bit and another spirit can take a glimpse are our past. It depends on how powerful your spirit is, you probably wouldn’t be able to do it at all since you only started to shift less than two years ago, but Izzy and I have been shifting since we were five,” Luka explained and I nodded my head.

“What kind of telly are we dealing with?”

“One that apparently get inside of our minds and erase memories,” Luka answered and I sighed.

“Perfect.”

“More important,” Geno said and we looked at him, “What you see that she erase?”