Status: I work on this daily, so, please, don't worry too much about the chapters.

Sleeping Beauty

Chapter 2

For the past four years, Akihiko had come over almost every day either interacting with Takahiro or nurturing Misaki. However, someone had killed the king and queen one night while they were sleeping. This left the kingdom stranded.

The next day, Takahiro had announced that he would rule over the kingdom and that he would also watch over his little brother.

Many of the townspeople were unpleased with this. The thought of a young ruler frightened many of the elders in the town. Though, time proved against their beliefs. Actually, It turned out to be one of the most prospering time periods the kingdom had ever witnessed.

Akihiko still came over to help his friends, though his father tried to keep him home all the time. Fuyuhiko had deeply feared the fact that Akihiko could possibly become similar to his other son, Haruhiko.

Two years passed, when Akihiko had gone over to Takahiro's home, he noticed a woman over.

"Hi! Akihiko, I want you to meet someone. This is Manami," Takahiro chirped, leading her towards him. "I met her at the celebration of Misaki's birth.

"Nice to meet you, Manami," Akihiko bowed his head slightly with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you Akihiko," Manami smiled, doing him the same homage.

"I'm getting married to her," Takahiro announced.

"Oh? Good for you. Such a beautiful woman deserves such a wonderful man like you," Akihiko cheered, patting him on the shoulder.

"Thank you," they mumbled and slightly blushed in sync.

"Did you two tell Misaki yet. We're afraid of his reaction."

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be happy."

"Well, you know best, wouldn't you? You practically spend all your time over here with him," Takahiro chuckled.

"Precisely why you should tell him, now," Akihiko agreed.

"Very well," Takahiro concluded, leading them towards Misaki's room.

They opened the door to find a very bored looking six-year-old lying on his back on top of a bed. "Hey, Usagi-san's here!"

Akihiko grinned as the child ran up to him and hugged his legs. "Yes, I am. But you're big brother, Takahiro, has important news for you."

"What," Misaki asked, smiling widely at his older brother.

"Manami and I are getting married. She'll be moving in with us," Takahiro explained, crouching onto Misaki's eye level.

"Yaaaaaaay," Misaki yelled, pouncing Takahiro.

"Hahaha, are you okay with that, Misaki," he asked between laughter.

"I'm happy," Misaki showed him his smile, closing his eyes.

A half-year later, the kingdom attended the wedding of the king and new queen. There was a grand white arch under which the two had wed. Everyone, then, continued inside where they would dance and dine. Everybody had a good time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, short chapter.