Status: Slowly updating

The Tormented Soul

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) -1

A little frail body laid sideways in the familiar small bedroom of the Conway family home. On the second floor, in the front-left corner of the house is where she was in her purple and green bedroom. Catherin Conway was unconscious. Her blond locks lay askew in random strands against her sweaty body. Although she wasn't awake, she was breathing. The pink tips of her hair stuck to her waist as it was soaked in water. Her pale skin almost blended in with the white tiles of her floor. Pills of many colors, shapes, and harmful ingredients scattered across the floor. Catherin kept two pill bottles in her small, smooth hands. At this point, it wasn't very difficult for her family to see what she had tried for a 2nd time this month.
Suicide, yet again.
-

The two eyelids of the small girl's face fluttered, and soon, one after the other, her eyes opened. The blue pools that lit up with green flicks in her eyes were revealed to the light of the sun shine through her blinds. They moved left then right before she turned her head to look around. The floor seemed sideways in her vision as she was laying on her side. She stood up, maybe a little too quickly. Catherin's vision fuzzed, her head pulsed showing she had a headache. 'Damn pills,' she thought.
"Why can't I die?" she whispered to herself, holding her own body in her arms as a weak form of comfort. Catherin turned her body to the mirror on the wall behind her. Sucking in a harsh breath of air, she breathed out again trying to recollect the memories of what happened last night.
The small blonde looked at her reflection.Mascara ran down her cheeks. It was right after school, the place of hell she had done it. Before her mother had gotten home with her little sister, she dashed to the bathroom gathering all the pills she could possibly find and swallowed them in her room. Her head was spinning as she crashed to the ground unconscious and temporarily free from the pain she suffered. Even though her yes were closed, she heard screaming, crying, sirens, and annoying beeps.
Now here she was back in her room again. 'Wasn't I on the bed?' She thought. She sighed, realzing that is was just the normal. Her horrible nightmares of the pain she was inflicted on every day threw her out of her bed and onto the floor again. Catherin finally decided to get up and walked into the bathroom across the hall. She glared at her reflection once more and opened the cabinet under the counter. Tiredly and meekly, she took some make up remover and cleaned her slightly bruised face.
"Time to look pretty for people I hate, in a place I hate even more," she whispered solemnly to herself. Her voice was almost inaudible to her own ears; being so soft and quiet. Re-doing her makeup that consisted of a little cover-up to hide the wounds, eyeliner, and mascara- Cathrine then changed her clothes and brushed her hair. She looked presentable, but she was breaking from the inside out.
With that, she left the small bathroom and walked down the stairs, afraid to hear her mother. The frail blonde girl took a few cautious steps down to the first floor. If she heard complaining or screaming, Catherin would know her mother was there. To her fortunate luck, her mother had left for work in the early morning. With a sigh of relief, she ran out the door and was on her way to school, trying to ignore the hunger growling deep within her stomach. You're fat enough. She scolded herself. What more food do you need?!
High school wasn't any better than home, with all the jocks and popular crowd, annoying gamers and nerds, or even just the teachers who challenged Catherin's patience. Even the people she called her 'friends' tested her when she was moody or even feeling normal once in a while. But there was one girl she was looking out for. Alexandra.
Alexandra Lynn Morison. She sure was something. It seemed cheesy, even for a romance book worm like Catherin, but it was true. Alexandra was different from anyone she'd ever met. Although she never payed any attention to Catherin, the small blonde girl loved the outgoing brunette all the same. It was just something about Alexandra's messy short-cut brown hair, piercing grey eyes that seemed to never end, and the joyous laughter that spewed from her soft-looking pink lips that made Catherin feel like she was melting whenever she was around her.
As if on cue, a tall and loud girl had bumped shoulders with Catherin- well, more liked shoulder to waist- and looked her way. It was Lynn. She was smiling brighter than any smile Cathrine had ever seen. Alexandra's grey, almost silver eyes had been staring at Cathrine's blueish green ones. What could she possibly be looking at me for? Catherin thought.
"Hey, aren't you Cat?" Alexandra asked curiously. With a slight blush smeared across Cathrine's face, she pushed her black frames up the bridge of her nose and shook her head no.
"M-My name is Catherine, b-but you can call me Cat, if you want..." she cursed herself for stuttering. But Alexandra smiled all the same, making Cat's heart skip a beat.
"Sweet name. Alright, you can call me Alex!" she chirped. Cat blushed. Are they really already to the point where they could call each other nicknames?
"Okay... A-Alex." Catherine replied meekly. She was very nervous since this was the very first time Alexandra had even said a word to Catherin personally. Even so, she kept up a conversation with the taller girl. It was most likely a solid 7 minutes until another person came up to Alex and wrapped an arm around the brunette's waist.
It was a boy. Were they friends? Siblings? No, they didn't look alike. This boy was just as tall as Alex with brown hair under the blonde layers of his messy surfer-boy type style hair. He wore cargo shorts that went past his knees only slightly, and a black tank-top kind of shirt that read "Thrasher" in yellow scratchy letters. Catherin glanced at his wristband-full wrists, which were particularly skinny, and had a certain bracelet on the left arm that was made of string and a piece of metal intertwined on the thick black string. The word "TAKEN" was engraved on the bracelet with big black bold letters. Catherin physically tensed at the realization. He was taken and he also had an arm around Alex. Who was this boy?

"Kai!" Alex squealed and pecked the guy on his cheek, which made him blush slightly. Although his skin was a little tanned from the sun, you could see the red crimson color on his cheeks. Catherin shared the same red on her own cheeks. She was embarrassed, being there as they snuggled each other. Were they dating? It could have just been a friendly kiss after all.
Apparently they were because in a matter of seconds, the pair of teenagers was lip-locked,and very busy to the point that it was kind of disturbing. Catherin slipped away, not saying goodbye to Alex. She awkwardly paced her steps as she tried to get to class.
How did she not know about this? Catherin was crushing on Alexandra for years, and never even seen this 'Kai' character in her life. But why did it even matter? It was just a girl, but Catherin felt crushed. There was a lump in her throat as she blinked back tears. Everything seemed pointless now that her only happiness- which was barely anything to be happy about- was ripped away from her. Without hopes of ever being with Alexandra, without any of her family members loving her, and without any friends, what was the point of being alive anymore? Catherin ran the opposite way to her class, and instead headed for the fugly girl's washroom. She locked the door and ran into a stall, sliding the lock on it. She sat on the toilet, her legs criss crossed and bawled her eyes out.
"This isn't fair," she cried softly. "It's not fair."Au
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? c: