Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

Secrets and Discoveries

At lunch time, I met up with Drew next to his locker. I leaned tiredly against it, waiting for him to finish putting his stuff away. Drew may have played soccer and was really popular, but no matter what people said, he never betrayed my friendship. He told everyone to either accept me or have him hate everyone because there was no way he was leaving his sister.
“Where to for lunch?” he asked me.
“You choose,” I shrugged, ruffling my hair slightly.
“But you’re driving, you choose,” he whined childishly, making me giggle.
“Fine. I’m not terribly hungry, so do you think we could stop at Starbucks, then get you whatever food you’re craving afterwards?” I asked, knowing his answer would most likely be Taco Bell.
“Yeah. We have the hour after lunch off, anyways,” he shrugged.
I smiled, and we walked out to my car together. We got funny looks from people, probably because of me, but whatever. I got in the driver’s seat, and him in the passenger’s seat. He smiled over at me, flipping his mop of shaggy brown hair out of his eyes. I smiled, thinking about how lucky I was to have him. I turned the car on, and Ben Threw by Of Mice and Men started blasting through the car. Drew and I grinned and started screaming along to it, head-banging the whole way to Starbucks, not caring about the looks we got.
We reached Starbucks. It looked pretty deserted, so we figured it’d be safe to go in and have a conversation. I decided I would tell Drew about my dream, since the café we went to was nearly empty and quiet.
“Hi, I’ll have a Venti Chai Crème Frappuccino,” I smiled at the woman behind the counter.
“I’ll have a Venti White Chocolate Mocha,” Drew said to the lady, smiling as well.
“Coming right up,” the woman smiled, setting to work on our drinks.
Within minutes, our drinks were ready. Drew and I retrieved them, and then retreated to a table in the back corner of the café. I curled up on my chair and slowly sipped my freezing drink through the green straw, staring into space. Drew was doing the same thing.
“Excited for the concert tomorrow?” he asked me.
“Hell yeah I am! I’m seeing Of Mice and Men for the first time ever with my best friend,” I smiled at Drew.
“I’m pretty stoked for it, too,” he grinned. “Hey can we go get Taco Bell?”
“Sure thing, Snogle,” I said. I told you he’d want Taco Bell.
We stood up, threw our empty cups away, and walked out to my car. We drove to the nearest Taco Bell in a comfortable silence, now listening to King for a Day by Pierce The Veil and Kellin Quinn. I loved those two. And of course, I’m a huge supporter of the whole ‘Kellic’ relationship. I thought it was pretty cool that they were together (A/N: I am a huge supporter of Kellic. I absolutely adore them).
“Well look at what the cat dragged in,” a snide, female voice jeered at me.
“Shut the fuck up, Lindsay,” I growled at the voice, knowing exactly who it was.
“I don’t think I will,” she smirked. “Oh, hey Drew. You look good today.”
“Bitch, how the fuck do I look good in sweatpants and a tank top?” he sighed as we got in line.
“You just do,” she shrugged.
She wasn’t wrong about that. Drew was a very handsome guy, even in black sweatpants and a black, form fitting tank top. He was having a lazy day. And he didn’t feel like doing laundry to wash his jeans. Both Drew and I knew that Lindsay was not allowed to say that, though.
“Why don’t you come hang out with people who are more of your kind?” Lindsay asked.
“Because you’re not my kind. You’re a slag prep who just wants in my pants. I’m an emo guitar and soccer player who wants nothing to do with slags like you,” Drew retorted. “So yeah, Destrey is my kind.”
I smiled triumphantly at that. Drew and I ordered our food and waited. Lindsay and her friends eventually got sick of talking to us, and they walked off.
“God, I fucking hate them,” I growled as we picked up our food.
“Trust me, I know. I do too,” he sighed, leading me over to an empty table.
“We just have to ignore them. We can’t be mean to them. I know I was, but she was worse. Remember what Austin Carlile said?” he asked.
“’If you’re a fan of hurting others, talking down to, or trying to bring others down, then never call yourself a fan of mine’,” I quoted, a small smile forming on my face.
“Exactly,” Drew smiled. “You know what I just realized?”
“Hm?” I asked, biting into a piece of quesadilla.
“Shayley Bourget has the same last name as you,” he said, taking a bite out of his taco.
“Probably coincidence,” I shrugged.
“You have always wondered if you had a sibling. Plus you look a bit similar,” he mused.
“If you’re implying that I’d be fortunate enough to have rockstar Shayley Bourget as my older brother, then you need to stop smoking crack,” I teased, mussing up his perfect brown hair.
“No touchy the hair! I worked very hard on it this morning,” Drew whined.
“And you wonder why people call you gay sometimes,” I laughed.
“Actually, I’ve been meaning to tell you…” he started. I knew what was coming an I smiled.
“Go on, love,” I said.
“I think I am gay,” he said shyly.
“I also have a pet goldfish,” I smiled.
“I know for a fact that you definitely don't have a pet goldfish," he smirked. "What does that have to do with this topic, though?"
“We’re talking about things that don’t matter. I love you like my brother no matter what. Remember what we said in first grade?” I asked, grasping his hand gently.
“We’d be twinsies forever,” he sighed. “I can’t believe you actually said the word ‘twinsies’.”
“We were six years old, and you were my best friend. We are like twins,” I said. “And I wouldn’t give it up for anything.”
“Promise?” he asked, biting his lip nervously.
“I swear,” I grinned back.
We finished our food, talking in depth about the concert tomorrow.

Shayley’s POV
“I have a feeling about the show tomorrow. We might find her,” I said to Austin.
“Shay, you say that at every show,” Austin sighed, turning off the TV in the lounge. “What makes you even think that?”
“The fact that I found her Twitter,” I smirked.
Austin shot up and ran over to me, peering over my shoulder at my laptop. His jaw dropped in disbelief when he saw the name on the screen. Her name on Twitter was @DesFinBou.
“She turned 18 this past October. She’s best friends with this kid named Drew Icenogle. She lives with her uncle in Colorado. Her favorite band is Of Mice and Men. Look at how beautiful she is,” I smiled, showing her picture to Austin.
“How long has it been?” he whispered.
“14 years. She’s grown up so much,” I murmured.
“How can you be sure it’s her?” he asked.
“Her full name is Destrey Finley Bourget. Her name on Twitter is @DesFinBou. That’s the first three letters of each part of her name,” I explained.
“How do you know that’s her full name?”
“I finally got mom to spill a few hours ago. I’m so mad at her for not wanting Destrey. Des wasn’t planned. She was a mistake. But she should still love her,” I sighed.
“Good for you man,” Austin said. “But wait, you said we’d see her tomorrow?”
I pointed to her most recent Tweet:

@DesFinBou
So stoked for @OMandM tomorrow! Going with my best friend in the world, @DrewSnogle :)

“Wow. Well, we’ll have to find her, man,” Austin smiled, patting my shoulder.
I continued to study her picture. She really has grown up into a beautiful girl. She had bright, cherry red hair with thick bangs. We had the same bright green eyes and pale skin. Her thin lips were curved into a small smile, and her button nose was sprinkled with freckles. She was really skinny, she couldn't have weighed more than 120 pounds.
All I knew was that I was excited to find her tomorrow. And I knew I’d finally be successful after my 14 long years of searching for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2, lovelies! Special thanks to AllyloveeYDG for helping me pluck up the courage to post this story! And also, to LucyTheLion, my first commenter, for motivating me to write more :D
Comment, subscribe? I'll give you an adorable picture of Austin Carlile and Kellin Quinn if you do! Here's the link:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/4de141969e742f91de86b3eb0e82eee4/tumblr_mgaf7vIDmn1rpihuao1_500.png
Xx Kiwii