Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

Family Troubles

“Mum, is it alright if Des stays here tonight?” Drew called out when we reached his house.
“Sure thing, dear. Just don’t stay up too late, you guys have school tomorrow,” his mom called back from the kitchen.
“Well if I’m staying the night, I should probably run home and grab some clothes,” I smiled at Drew.
“You’re staying after the concert, right?” he asked.
“Oh, I totally forgot. Yeah I’ll pack for both nights and grab our tickets,” I replied. “Wanna come with me?”
“Yes. I don’t trust you to be alone with your uncle,” Drew shuddered.
I nodded, and we walked back out to my car. We drove the five minute drive over to my house, and both of us walked inside. To our relief, my uncle wasn’t home.
“I’ll be right back,” I called out to Drew, running upstairs.
I grabbed a small duffel bag and tossed in four pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts, underwear, bras, socks, and a pair of shoes. I also grabbed my straightener, toothbrush, toothpaste, bracelets, gauges, and lady products just in case. I zipped up my bag and ran downstairs to see Drew lounging on my couch with a soda, watching TV.
“Took you long enough,” he laughed.
“I was up there for like 10 minutes,” I replied, sticking my tongue out at him immaturely.
“Let’s go,” he laughed.
“Hold on, let me leave a note,” I mumbled, grabbing a pen and a sticky note.

Tom,
I’m at Drew’s. Be back Sunday night.
Des

“Alright, now we can go,” I said.
We drove back to Drew’s house, and immediately went up to his room. We flopped down on his bed, and Drew got on his computer while I turned on the TV.
“Hey Des… I think you’re going to like this,” Drew said, grinning cheekily.
“Yeah?” I asked, sitting up a bit.
“Well, Shayley Bourget and Austin Carlile may or may not be following you and me on Twitter,” he said, showing me the laptop.
“They’re following us?” I nearly screamed.
“Uh huh,” he grinned.
“No fucking way!” I exclaimed, shaking his shoulders. “But why?”
“No idea. Just go with it,” Drew laughed.
“Drew, Des what would you two like for dinner?” Drew’s mom, Linda, called up.
“Pizza!” Drew and I called back at the same time.
“So do you have our tickets for tomorrow?” Drew asked.
“Course I do,” I smiled.
The rest of the night consisted of overeating junk-food and listening to Of Mice and Men, Pierce The Veil, and Sleeping With Sirens. We were beyond excited to see those three bands tomorrow night. We fell asleep at about 1 am. Drew was holding me, just like he did when we were kids. My brother, protecting me again.
The next morning, I woke up and was greeted by Drew’s large chest tattoo. He’d gotten it done on his 18th birthday. It was a black phoenix with wings that stretched across the whole span of his chest and the tips touched his shoulders. His mum was none too happy about it, but I had helped him design it and was quite proud of how it turned out.
“Drew, wake up. We have school,” I mumbled into his stomach.
“Don’t wanna, let me sleep,” he groaned.
“Don’t make me get your mom up here,” I threatened.
“On second thought, how do pancakes sound for breakfast?” he nearly yelled, sitting up so fast I almost fell off the bed.
“That’s what I thought you meant,” I giggled. “I’m going to go shower.”
He nodded. I grabbed my black jeans, my YDG shirt, and my black and pink low cut Adidas along with some new panties and a bra. I walked into the bathroom. Drew always kept a second set of my shampoo and conditioner here, because I stayed here so often. I decided on being lazy and not straightening all of my cherry red waist length hair, only my bangs.
I stepped into the shower, and washed away how gross my hair was. I let the conditioner sit for a few minutes while I shaved. Once I was done showering, I applied lotion and got dressed. I straightened my thick, deep side parted bangs and arranged them to lay across my face, covering my forehead. When my hair dried, they dried into long, loose ringlet curls. I always loved that.
I walked downstairs and was greeted by a still shirtless Drew, making pancakes. He looked over at me and grinned.
“I see a pretty girl sitting in my kitchen,” he said in his best gay voice.
“Too bad you’re gay, love,” I jokingly winked. “Go shower, I’ll finish breakfast.”
He nodded and handed me the spatula. His little sister, Jessica, came running downstairs. She was quite adorable. She had shoulder length hair, brown, just like her brother’s. Her eyes were a deep brown and she had pale skin as well. She was eight years old and really tiny, just like I was when I was a kid.
“Good morning, Jessica. Want some pancakes?” I asked.
“Yes please, Dessy,” she smiled. “With strawberries please!”
“Coming right up, cutie,” I smiled back. When she was a toddler, she couldn’t pronounce my name, so she called me ‘Dessy’ and it stuck, so she still calls me Dessy.
Minutes later, Drew came bounding downstairs in some black skinny jeans and an Austin Carlile Aspire and Create tank top with red TOMS. His hair was in its usual straight and emo fashion across his face. He sat down next to Jessica and ruffled her hair as she munched on her pancakes. She pouted and hit her brother’s arm.
“Love you Jessica,” he chuckled, digging into his own plate of pancakes I had made for him.
I sat down with them and started on my own. I looked around the table at how happy we were, sitting here together. His mom came down all dressed and ready for work. I handed her a plate of pancakes.
“Thank you, Destrey,” she smiled warmly.
“Anytime, mum,” I replied.
I had been calling her mum since Aunt Jenna passed away, because she was the closest thing to a mum that I had. She loved it.
I looked around at the table and saw everyone smiling happily and chattering quietly, the four of us making small talk.
This was my family.
“Alright Drew, we gotta go to school,” I said, feeling happy and full.
“Ugh, do we have to?” he whined.
“Yes,” I said sternly, clearing my plate. “Bye Jessica, bye mum.”
“Bye,” they said together as Drew and I kissed each of them goodbye.
Drew and I drove to school, and we let the torturously long day unfold in front of us.

Shayley’s POV
“Hey fuckers, wake up!” came the shouts of our drummer, Tino.
“Why?” Alan groaned from his bunk.
“Because I’m hungry and the only person on here who can cook is Austin,” Tino argued.
“You could have just woke him up,” Phil whined.
“Wouldn’t have worked, we all know Austin’s a lazy bum,” Alan laughed.
“I’m up, everybody calm the fuck down!” Austin shouted tiredly through a yawn.
I decided to get up as well. I could do with a shower. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain gray t-shirt. I took a quick, ten minute shower. I got dressed, straightened my hair like normal, and threw on a red beanie over my hair. I walked out to the delicious smell of bacon frying.
“Morning,” I yawned. “Don’t you all look lovely.”
Alan’s orange hair was sticking up in all directions and he was only wearing boxers while wrapped up in his giant cat blanket as he curled up on the couch. Phil was out cold and snoring loudly at the kitchen table, cheek pressed against the hard wood and drooling slightly. Tino was sprawled out on the floor in a t-shirt and PJ pants, watching SpongeBob. It was quite a sight to see.
“You excited for tonight’s show?” Austin asked as he placed three more pieces of bacon on a plate.
“Beyond excited,” I smiled, picking up a piece of bacon.
“Want to help me with the eggs?” he asked.
“Sure,” I replied, cracking some eggs into a second frying pan.
“What are you going to do when you see her?” Austin asked quietly.
“I haven’t thought of that, actually,” I replied, realizing I had no idea what I’d do.
“She’s a very pretty girl, by the way,” Austin shrugged nonchalantly.
“If you hit on her,” I threatened jokingly.
“Oh she’s 18, let her do what she pleases,” he chuckled quietly as he finishes the bacon and starts making toast.
“I know,” I said, smiling. Even if I didn’t know her anymore, I still felt like I had to protect her.
“Now we’re talking like we already know her,” Austin says.
“I know,” I sighed.
The day passed by rather uneventfully. We got through sound check, and we were waiting for Pierce the Veil to be done. I was currently standing with Kellin Quinn. He was smiling at his boyfriend, Vic Fuentes, performing on stage. I looked down at him and smiled.
“How do you do it, man?” I asked him.
“Do what?” he asked.
“Date Vic. I love you two together, but how do you deal with the hate?” I asked.
“We’re in love, and it doesn’t really faze us anymore,” Kellin shrugged. “Any reason you’re feeling philosophical today?”
“Remember how I’ve been trying to find my little sister?” I asked.
“Yes, what about her?” he asked.
“I’ve finally found her. Now I just need to meet her,” I answered, sighing
“How?” he asked, now very curious.
“I finally forced my mom to tell me her name. So I looked her up on Twitter. This is her,” I smiled, showing him the picture of her I saved to my phone.
“She’s gorgeous, Shay. Looks just like you,” Kellin smiled back. “How will you meet her?”
“According to her Twitter, she’s a diehard Of Mice and Men, Pierce the Veil, And Sleeping With Sirens fan. It’s only natural she’d be here. She then tweeted last night that she’s stoked for today’s show. I just gotta spot her in the crowd, then find her after the show,” I explained.
“Well, good for you man. I’m happy you found her. Tell her I have to meet her, alright?” Kellin grinned, hugging me from the side.
“Of course,” I smiled back.
Within minutes, I was hugging Vic and Kellin for good luck as I ran out on to the stage. I scanned the crowd, and found her at the floor section, second row back from the stage. She had long, curly, cherry red hair and fair skin with green eyes, just like the picture. Her face matched perfectly. Next to her, I could only assume he was her best friend. He had straight black hair and pale skin with brown eyes. I smiled and winked at her. She smiled back happily.
We launched into our set, and I could tell she was having an amazing time. After the show, I immediately ran outside to the back, looking around and trying to find her. I finally spotted her. She was talking with that kid with the black hair animatedly. They were laughing and standing by a tree about 30 feet away. I jogged up to them quickly.
“Hey, I’m Shayley,” I smiled at them.
“Destrey,” the girl said.
“Drew,” the boy said.
“We’re both huge fans,” Des grinned.
“I know. Do you two want to come back to the bus with us for a while? We’re staying here for three more days while we’re on break,” I offered.
“Why us?” she asked.
“I’m Shayley Dayshell Bourget, you’re older brother,” I smiled.
Her eyes grew in shock, and she whipped her head over to Drew, who looked equally shocked. I smiled even more. She turned back to me, and opened her mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger!!! Wow :O how would you react if your idol said that to you? I'd probably faint out of happiness. I know I'm mean. But as we speak, I am working on Chapter 4 :)
ALSO!
My girl Ally is working on an Austin Carlile story right now. It only has 4 chapters, but I'm helping her work on it as well ;) much appreciation if you could check it out for us! Here's the link: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/505728/This-Ones-For-You/
Speaking of which, many thanks to Ally for keeping me motivated.
Follow my Twitter: @KiwiiYDG
Comment, subscribe, you know the deal
Xx, Kiwii