Maybe Someday

Muse

After two longs days of moping around and feeling sorry for myself, I had finally had enough. James was being the perfect man, and I was being an ungrateful bitch. He loves me. He let me re-design his whole house, he built me a freaking art studio for heaven’s sake!

So why did I feel so threatened the other day? The girl was pretty, no doubt, but I’ve never seen James’ eyes stray from me our entire relationship. I was insecure, jealous and felt beyond threatened. But James doesn’t deserve that. He needs my full trust and heart.

I sigh raking my hand through my hair as I stare at my blank canvas. As I realize I won’t get any good work done until I salvage things with James I throw down my paint brush and walk back into our room. It’s 2 am and James is sound asleep. I crawl into bed kneeling beside him and push my fingers into his back.

“James,” I whisper. He groans out but doesn’t wake, just snuggles deeper into his pillow.
“James!” I shake his back and he wakes blinking his eyes in confusion.

“Babe?” He turns over on his back.

“I can’t paint,” I tell him point blank.

“Huh?”

“I can’t paint,” I repeat to him as he rubs his eyes and then checks the clock.

“You woke me up at 2am because you can’t paint?” Well when he says it like that it sounds stupid. I blush and duck my head feeling foolish. “Why can’t you paint?”

I shrug my shoulders as he sits up slightly against the headboard. I look down at the space between us and frown. Ever since my freak out three days ago all there’s been is space. He’s hardly touched me aside from a few pecks on the cheek or forehead.

“You haven’t touched me in three days,” I tell him quietly. His face softens as he reaches out to rub my leg.

“I thought you wanted space,” he confesses and I shake my head grasping his hand in both of mine.

“I never want space with you, James,” I say quietly while looking down at his big hand entwined with mine.

He sits up and slides his free hand around my neck pulling me close. His head dips down and his lips me mine in a sweet loving kiss that has me swooning.

“I’m sorry baby,” he says as he pulls away. “I don’t like it either, I just thought it was what you needed.”

I shake my head and crawl onto his lap tangling my fingers in his hair.

“No. I just need you,” a large smile spreads across his face at my words.

“Well, I’d be happy to oblige,” he says before pulling my lips back to his. He makes quick time shedding the small amount of close we have on before flipping me on my back.

I hook a leg over his waist, pulling him towards me. He chuckles at my impatience but sinks his cock into me. I gasp and arch my back, and in return he sucks a nipple into his gorgeous mouth.

“Missed this,” he mumbles against my breast while thrusting into me. I moan in return fisting a hand in his hair and drowning in the feel of his perfect cock stroking me.

I won’t last long, especially with his mouth attached to my breast and his hips rubbing my clit with each thrust. I scrape my nails down his back, which he must like because he groans and pounds into me harder.

His mouth releases my breast and he moves up to delve his tongue into my mouth. He cups my face and kisses me hard as he pounds into me even harder. No, I definitely won’t last long. Three days is too long to go without having this connection. Way too long.

James breaks away from my mouth at the same time he pulls his cock out and I gasp at him. But he sits against the headboard and pulls me into his lap, kissing me with reassurance.

“Take it home, baby,” he murmurs against my lips. I smile at him as I sink down on him and do just that.

......................................

“So what does us not having sex have to do with your ability to paint?” He asks once we’ve come down from our high.

“I don’t know,” I say and shrug my shoulders hoping to have ended the conversation.

“You’ve been painting for a long time since we got together babe,” he presses. When I stay mute he squeezes my hip encouragingly. “C’mon babe, give it up.”

I groan and slap a hand over my eyes, “you’re going to make fun of me.”

“Annie, I’d never make fun of you,” he says seriously pulling my hand away to look at me.

“When Beck got me to redecorate your place-”

“Our place,” he interjects and I smile at him.

“I was kind of in a slump, which is why she was offered it to me. I wasn’t making a money because my work was crap. Anyway, the night you came home, I went back to my place and I just painted. For hours, and it was great! And then we started dating and I swear I’ve never made so many great pieces so quickly. You give me these stupid butterflies in my stomach, and you make me happy. So happy, and it just gives me inspiration to create that happiness in a piece of art.”

When I stopped James was grinning wildly down at me. “I’m your muse?”

“Shut up!” I giggle slapping his chest. He lowers his head and catches my lips before whispering against them.

“You give me stupid butterflies too.”

..........................................................

“Who are we playing again?” I ask James as we settle in our seats. I cross my legs and adjust my shirt as I wait for him to reply.

“Baltimore Ravens,” he replies and I nod my head. He quickly becomes engrossed in a conversation with the guys next to us. I don’t mind at all, but I smile when he lays his hand in my lap. I intertwine our fingers and give him a squeeze.

It’s been two days since James and I got back in sync. And those two days were spent holed up in our house, fulfilling every fantasy James has had of us in there. But this morning when I woke James presented me with tickets to the football game today, and I couldn’t have been more excited to go.

I’ve always loved sports. I went to every sporting event at my high school and always craved to watch the New York professional teams. However, my mother saw them as barbaric and filled with lower class people with no manners drinking cheap beer. When Alex turned 16 and was able to drive, he snuck us out of the house to see a New York Rangers game. I was eleven at the time and was shocked at the raw, animalistic behavior of the players and the fans.

But I loved it. And ever since then every time he could get tickets we would go to a game. When my mother found out Alex was taking an eleven year old girl to football and hockey games, she was livid. That didn’t stop us from going though.

I smile at the memory and as I look out onto the field I can’t help but wish Alex was here with us. It’s hard knowing he’s across the world being shot at every day. But I know he’s smart, and he’s strong and all I can do is hope he returns home safe.

I take a long sip of beer before shaking my head and coming back to the present. James was so excited about today, I don’t want to ruin it with my tears. When he showed me the tickets this morning he was practically bouncing off the walls. I’m not sure if it was getting to see a game or seeing one with me that made him so happy.

I can’t wait until he’s the one playing. I want to see that happiness on his fave everyday, and getting back on the ice will do that for him. I can’t wait to see him out there dominating with the other guys, so confident and so powerful.

As it gets closer to kick off James turns back to me and starts explaining the game. I whip my head around, shocked and a bit appalled he would think I need a crash course.

“I know sports, James,” I say sternly. His eyes widen and he quickly apologizes under my glare before laughing and swinging his arm around my shoulder.

“I knew there was a reason I love you,” he says teasingly and I smack his chest with the back of my hand.

“Just watch the game, Neal.” He chuckles beside me and kissing my temple before reaching for his beer and training his eyes on the field.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow it's been awhile! Sorry to keep you all waiting! I really have no idea where the next chapter is going so if you have any ideas please let me know!