Maybe Someday

Surprises

I giggle as James leads me through the house and upstairs with his hand placed securely over my eyes. He picked me up from the shop practically bouncing on his feet in pure excitement. He said he had a surprise for me and then raced me home. My smile as fell since. I love surprises.

I hear him open a door and then we step in. “Okay, you can look,” he says and removes his hand.”

“Oh my gosh!” I squeal as I look at the new paint studio James set up in the empty room upstairs. “James, I can’t believe you did this! It’s amazing, thank you!”

I kiss him and wrap my arms around him in a hug. The fact that he brought all my work here it’s just wonderful! It makes me feel more at home then I was.

“This is your house too now, and I just want you to have your own space.” I aww and hug him tighter.

“This really means a lot to me James, thank you,” I say to him wanting him to know how much I appreciate this.

“Of course baby, anything for you.”

I kiss him fiercely and he groans against my mouth. “Here?” he asks and I nod my head. He smirks at me before picking me up and placing me on the table.

I make quick time undressing him and he slides off my skirt and panties. When he tries to bend down towards my core I pull at him shaking my head.

“I don’t need that. I’m ready, I just need you inside me. Right. Now.”

He kisses me hotly as he enters me in a quick, hard stroke. I throw my head back and moan and his head dips down to pull a nipple into his warm mouth. I wrap my legs around his waist and he groans as he pounds deeper inside me.

“I won’t last long,” I breathe out to him. He takes that as a challenge and quickens his pace, moving a hand down to my clit.

“C’mon baby,” he says pulling back from my breast to watch me. “I want to feel it.”

His words push me over the edge and I crash screaming out as my orgasm washes over me. He bites my neck as he comes thrusting hard over and over. I grip the back of his neck ready to pass out from the pleasure he gives me.

.....................................................

I was working away in the studio when the doorbell rang. I furrow my brows confused because James never has visitors unless his family’s in town. Which they weren’t. And as I peek out the window I see red convertible in the drive. I open the door to a blonde girl around the same age as me. And if I thought I was confused the look on her face trumps it.

“Can I help you?” I ask nicely.

“Who are you?” She asks rather rudely and I’m taken aback.

“I could ask you the same thing,” I bite back. She rolls her eyes at me and puts her hands on her hips.

“Is James here?” She asks peeking around me to look inside the house. How does she know James? Or is she just some ‘fan’ who found out his address?

“He’s out right now. Was he expecting you?” Okay this girl is up to no good.

“No,” she says then flicks her hair over her shoulder. “But that never bothered him in the past.”

I raise an eyebrow at her, “Well I’ll let him know you stopped by. What’s your name?”

“I can just wait for him,” she says while trying to step in the house. I raise my eyebrows shocked and block the door.

“Look I don’t know who you are so I’m going to have to ask you to leave. I’ll let James know you stopped by.” Anger flashes her flawless face and as I try to shut the door her hand shoots out to stop it.

“No, you look,” she snaps at me, “I don’t know who you are-”

“I live here!” I snap back at her getting fed up with this bottle blond bitch. “And now you’re going to get off my property before I call the cops.” I slam the door in her face and stomp into the kitchen where I left my phone.

He answers on the first ring, out of breath and concerned because I never interrupt his workouts.

“Hey, is everything okay?”

“No! Some girl just stopped by asking for you and tried to barge in here when I said you weren’t home. She said you were never bothered before when she showed up unannounced. Did you sleep with her?”
“Annie, I have no idea who you’re talking about.”

“Tall, blonde, complete bitch. Drives a red convertible.” I’m hoping he’s right and has no idea who she is. But the silence on the other line answers my question. “You know her?”

“Yes.”

“You slept with her?”

“Yes, but Annie-” I hang up the phone and toss in on the counter. I’m so angry from my encounter with that girl and I know I shouldn’t take it out on him, but it’s clear that that girl was damn comfortable here.

I start doing laundry not being able to sit still. I told him about my past relationships and he said he was never serious with any other girl. Yet this one knows where he lives, and is obviously comfortable enough and was allowed to come over whenever she pleased.

I finished folding the clothes when I heard the garage door open. I took a deep breath and then went upstairs to put them away. I’m really not sure what’s going to happen. I don’t want to fight, but I am hurt that he lied to me.

“Annie?!” I hear him shout and then run upstairs. I empty the clothes on the bed and grab some hangers from the closet. “Babe,” he says when he sees me but stops not knowing what else to say. You and me both.

I put his shirts on hangers and put them away. When I come back out he’s sitting on the edge of the bed demanding my full attention.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” I ask and when he doesn’t answer I scoff. “Don’t apologize just to please me, James.”

“I don’t know what else to say. I’m sorry that happened.”

“Who is she?” I say and cross my arms keeping some distance between us.

“I met her when I first moved here. At a bar, and I slept with her. It was just supposed to be a one night stand.”

“But it wasn’t?” He shakes his head.

“No. I didn’t have feelings for her. It was just convenient. I only slept with her twice more after the first time before I broke it off.”

“Why did you break it off?”

“Because I didn’t feel anything for her. She was expecting more though, and that’s why i broke it off.”

“How did she know where you live?”

“She came over once.”

“To have sex?” He nodded curtly. I swallowed a huge lump. “How many girls did you bring back here?” He hesitates probably wondering if I really want to know the answer.

“Most of them. It’s easier, I never had to worry about a hidden camera or a roommate taking my picture.”

I nod my head and fight back a few tears. This house will never feel the same to me.

“Baby, please don’t cry,” he pleads wanting to comfort me but I hold out my hand stopping him. “I can’t change my past, Annie. If I could, you know I would. I was a lonely guy who never thought I’d ever find someone like you. And now I have and I don’t want the mistakes I made in the past to effect our future.”

I uncross my arms and James walks over and scoops me up, holding me tightly. I know what he said is true. I can’t punish him for the past. I shouldn’t be mad about the amount of girls he brought home here. But now that I know the truth it’s hard to make this place home when all i’m going to wonder is all the places he’s fucked other women.

James takes my mouth, kissing me with urgent need. “Let me make love to you,” his whispers against my lips.

I shake my head and pull away. “I can’t. I started my period today.”

“I don’t care, I just want to be inside you,” he begs pulling me back towards him. When I shake him off again he sighs exasperated. “Annie, how can I fix this?”

“You can’t,” I say sadly not meeting his gaze. This isn’t his problem to fix, it’s mine. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long to get out. Had some trouble figuring out what should happen next. I really appreciate all the comments I've been getting! Keep them coming!

What do you think? Is she overreacting? How can she fix it?