Goodbye Harry?

The Morning After The Night Before

Ouch. His head felt like it was going to split open when he slowly peeled open his eyes. Even with the curtains closed the sunlight had made a good job of flooding the room and trying to blind him. I’m never going to drink again, he vowed for the hundredth time. Well at least not that much anyway. He tried sitting up, hand on his forehead, and found he had been lying on the sofa and looked down to see Tre on the floor beneath him, deep in sleep.
“Coffee?”
The voice had come from the kitchen doorway behind him. He turned.
Harry, dressed in a dark red shirt and skinny jeans and holding a mug, had a slightly amused look on her beautiful face. Billie couldn’t help but smile.
“Yes please.”
She handed him the mug.
“He’s gonna have one hell of a hangover when he wakes up,” she said looking down at Tre with a smile on her face.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s immune to them or something. He’s a fucking alcoholic.”
She laughed.
“Did you not have anything to drink last night?” He asked her, looking up.
She sat next to him on the sofa. “I had a few. I figured it would be better if I actually remembered your names in the morning. Kind of gives a better impression.”
Billie laughed. “Well that’s certainly worked.”
“Don’t worry. Next time I promise to get totally wasted.” She looked at her watch. “I should be going.”
“Did you drive?”
“No, Tre picked me up. No worries, I’ll catch a taxi.”
Billie stood up. “I’ll take you. Mike won’t mind me borrowing his car – I’m pretty sure Tre’s hidden my keys somewhere.” He rolled his eyes.
“Thanks but I’m alright. Seriously,” she told him as he opened his mouth to argue. “Just don’t wake Mike up or anyone else who happens to be upstairs. I don’t think they’ll appreciate it.”
She opened the front door. Billie was about to stop her – he wanted to take her.
“Oh and tell Tre to call me when he can remember where he left his phone.” She smiled as she left.