Warmness on the Soul

Magazines

I sighed as I pushed the shopping cart down the aisle, tossing in food as I spotted items Sky and I liked.

“Belle, what do you want from the fresh produce?” my twin asked, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

“Hmm, go ahead and get some apples, bananas, and peaches. Oh! And salad fixings, like broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers. And please get organic dressing.” I said with a chuckle. She nodded and walked away.

I smiled, continuing on, wandering down the magazine and book aisle. I skimmed over the magazines as I passed, seeing all the celebrities displayed across the covers. Just as I was about to leave the aisle, one particular magazine caught my attention.

“Exclusive Interview with the infamous M. Shadows and Zacky V. of Avenged Sevenfold. All the dirty details on page 32” it read across the glossy page. I gently picked up the magazine, thumbing to the page.

One detail immediately caught my attention…

“Yes, I have a very special girl at home. I can’t wait to get off tour to see her.”

I tossed the magazine back on the rack, wiping away the tear that had started to fall. I pushed my cart to the checkout line, trying to get out as fast as I could.

“Belle? What’s wrong?” Arianna asked, dropping her items on the conveyer belt. I shook my head,
looking away. She grabbed my face and turned it to her. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just want to get home to Sky.” I muttered, looking down.

“You saw the interview, didn’t you?” she frowned, reading me like a book.

I nodded and Arianna sighed, hugging me close to her. Nothing more was said on the subject as I paid for my groceries and headed to my beat up old car.

Because of my current state, Ari drove home. It felt like an eternity before we finally pulled into the
driveway of the apartment building. I leaped out of the car before it came to a complete stop, running into the apartment. As I opened the door, I heard the sound of sweet laughter. I followed the sound, coming upon a sight that instantly brought my mood up.

Sky and Alex, Ari's boyfriend, were in the living room dancing around to a kids CD that I had found for Sky a few weeks back. She would laugh every time she caught site of the goofy way Alex was dancing.

Grinning, I went in, scooping her up and swinging her around.

“Momma!” cupping my cheeks, she gave me a big kiss, smiling.

“How's my girl doing?” I asked as Alex turned the music off. He headed out of the apartment to help Ari as I sat down in my over stuffed chair with Sky.
“I'm grrreat.” she said with a giggle. “Uncle Lex n' me danced all day and he let me help make lunch! We had pasghettio's!”

“That's awesome! What do you want for dinner?”

She thought for a moment before exclaiming she wanted mac n' cheese.

By this time Alex and Ariana were standing in the door way watching us. Arianna stepped in and picked up Skylar.

“Lets go play in your room for a while sweetie.” Ari said, walking out. Alex sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to him. I sauntered over and curled up next to the man who had been like my brother since we were kids and just let it all out. I cried as Alex held me, telling me it would be ok.

“Little sister, you know you need to tell him. All of them. They were your best friends, and you just left. What did you expect him to do? Wait god knows how long for a girl who ran away? Who he had no way of telling if he would ever see her again? I know it hurts Bella.” Alex said softly. I Shook my head, not wanting to admit he was right. “Isabella O'Keeffe, you look at me.”

I slowly moved away and looked up at him.

“You will be a lot happier if he knows. Sky will be happier. She was asking me if I was her daddy again today, Bella. It's time.” He said, wiping my tears.

“I don't even know where they are anymore, Alex.” I whispered.

“I'll find 'em. If I do, you promise you will go to him and tell him that he is the father of that beautiful little girl in there?”

I nodded and stood, walking to my room. I shut the door and lied down on the bed, pulling a fading photo out of the night stand next to it. It was the only photograph I had of him anymore. My first love. It had been taken in our senior year of high school, when his band was getting more and more gigs. Right before I found out I was pregnant with Skylar. We were sitting on the beach, me between his legs, just watching the ocean when his best friend ran up and snapped the photo. It was a perfect candid shot.

The perfect picture of me and Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story, so bear with me. Any constructive feedback is much wanted! Thanks! :)