The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 034:

Chapter Thirty Four
-Emily-
“You did it Tyler!” I laughed as I jumped up from the couch and ran over towards Tyler as he and Brad walked into the condo.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, picking me up and twirling me around. I kissed his cheek and then felt him put me on the ground. The Bruins just has finished a game against the Montreal Canadiens, their rivals, and won thanks to Mr. Tyler Seguin. The game was zero to zero up until the last six minutes of the game where Tyler scored the winning goal.

“I’m so proud of you,” I smiled and then pressed my lips against his again.

“Where’s Ashley and Amy?” Brad asked as he joined Brooke on the couch.

“Amy went with Ashley down to DC,” Brooke answered as Tyler and I walked over towards the couch and sat down, placing my feet up on Tyler’s lap.

“Doesn’t she live down there?” Tyler asked and I nodded my head.

“The Penguins are playing the Caps and they’re going to the game,” Brooke said and I looked at Brooke and laughed.

“The love triangle,” I smirked and Brooke nodded her head.

“Ovechkin or Crosby,” Brooke said and then we reached over and high fived.

“You two are weird,” Brad said and we laughed and shrugged our shoulders, “What are we watching?”

“Big Bang Theory,” I said and Tyler groaned, “What?”

“I don’t understand a word these guys are saying,” he said and I laughed.

“I’m sorry for you loss,” I teased and he scoffed.

“I’m sure you are.”

“Definitely.”

-Tyler-
“Wait, what?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know they were all coming,” I said as I looked at a scared Emily.

“I’m not ready Tyler.”

“You look fine,” I said as I grabbed her chin, “You always look beautiful.”

“Tyler, this is your mother!”

“And she’ll love you!” I said and Emily looked like a deer caught in headlights.

“Tyler,” Emily whimpered as she gripped my hand.

“You’ll be fine,” I said and the pressed my lips to her temple and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. We walked into the kitchen where you saw my mom and sister sitting on or leaning against the counters.

“Emily!” Candice said happily as she hopped off of the counter and ran over towards Emily, “How are you, I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“I’m fine, nice to see you as well,” Emily laughed and then was a little surprise when my sister pulled her into a hug, “Mom, isn’t she gorgeous!”

“I’ll say,” my mom said as she smiled over towards me and then walked over towards us, “Nice to finally meet you Emily.”

“Uh, nice to meet you too,” she smiled but I could tell that she was nervous.

“Sorry, we’re a hugging family,” my mom said as she pulled Emily into a hug and I saw the wide eyes on Emily’s face, “I’m getting the feeling that Tyler didn’t tell you that we were coming.”

“Um, no, sorry, not really,” Emily laughed nervously and I started to walk backwards, trying to sneak out.

“Not so fast Tyler Seguin!” mom said and I stopped and groaned, a playful smirk on my face and seeing my mom, sisters and Emily glaring at me.

I looked to each of my sides, wishing that I had Marshy and Dougie here, “Wow, I’m feeling a lot of hate from the women here.”

“Tyler! Now I see why this poor girl is practically terrified!” mom said and I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“I forgot!”

“Obviously!” Candice said and Emily smirked and pulled herself up onto the counter next to her.

-Emily-
“Oh my god Mrs. Seguin, that was so good!” I smiled brightly as I finished the breaded and baked pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli on my plate.

“Oh please Emily, call me Jackie,” Mrs. Seguin said and I smiled and nodded my head, feeling Tyler’s hand on my thigh under the table, “So Emily, Tyler says that you would like to be a teacher.”

“Yes, I’ve always wanted to be a teacher,” I smiled brightly and looked at Tyler’s mother.

I had to be honest; I was having a wonderful time with Tyler’s family, but I was very curious to know where Tyler’s father was, no one’s said a word about him, and I was afraid to ask.

“So Emily, do you have any siblings?” Cassidy asked and I smiled and nodded my head.

“An older brother, Matt, he plays hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins,” I said and Candice laughed.

“That’s probably fun! That explains why he was slamming you into the boards at the last game,” Candice said and Tyler scoffed.

“I wouldn’t call it ‘fun’,” he said and I laughed and placed my hand on top of his.

“What about your parents?” Jackie asked and I bit my lip and scratched the side of my head, taking a deep breath.

“Well uh-“ I laughed nervously, “That’s really a hard subject, my brother and I don’t really talk to any of our family members.”

“Oh, that’s horrible,” Jackie said and I shrugged my shoulders and nodded my head.

“My parents wanted my brother to become a doctor or lawyer, he didn’t, he wanted to be a hockey player,” I said and then sighed, “When their plan failed with him, they had me. When they found out that I wanted to be a teacher-“

“It all went downhill from there,” Candice said and I took a sip of my wine and nodded my head.

“So how were you able to settle down in Boston? Is this where you’re originally from?” Jackie asked and I shook my head.

“No, I’m from Virginia, Minnesota and I worked a lot when I was younger and saved most of my money. I liked the city when my family came for vacation one year and as soon as I saw the University, I was in love. My brother helped me with tuition and getting me settled down.”

“Sounds like you and your brother are close,” Cassidy said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“We’re really all we have left in our family, everyone kind of disowned us.”

“Oh that’s not fair,” Jackie said and Tyler squeezed my thigh, staying quiet by my side because he knew the story.

“I made good friends here, and I consider them to be my family,” I smiled and the three girls nodded their heads.

“So what do you think of Tyler’s teammates?” Jackie asked and I heard Tyler choke on his drink, “You all right?”

“You know, I think I’m gunna start on dishes, you wanna help Emily?” Tyler asked and I smiled and nodded my head.

“What? Tyler? No, I’ll get the dishes, you sit!”

“No, it’s all right,” I said as I stood up, “We have it.”

“What’s going on?” Candice asked.

“Tyler Seguin, SIT!” Jackie ordered and Tyler sighed and then collapsed onto his seat, “Now what is going on?”

'...Awkward...'

Tyler sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I bit my lip and shook my head; grabbing my plate and walking into the kitchen, listening to Tyler explain to his family what the Bruins had down to me.

‘…There goes the mood…’