The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 036:

Chapter Thirty Six
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down girl!” I yelled as I scooped Emily up off of the ground and made my way down the hallway, trying to get her away from her parents.

“Get them out of here!” she yelled after I threw her over my shoulder.

I slammed her bedroom door closed and placed her on the ground, leaning against the door in case she would try to get out.

Emily screamed and ripped her finger through her hair, breaking the hair tie and I watched as her long brown hair swallowed her face in brown messy curls. She snapped her head up and then grabbed the lamp in front of her and threw it across the room, smashing it against the wall.

“Hey, hey, hey, Emily, look at me!” I cooed as I grabbed her wrists and tried to see her face, “Baby look at me.”

“I hate them Tyler,” she muttered and I let her wrists go and wrapped my arms around her. She cried against my shoulder and placed her hands on my chest.

“Shhh, it’s all right, I’m here,” I said and then heard the door open behind me and then saw Matt appear next to me.

“They’re gone Em,” he said and she looked up at him and smacked him across the face.

I looked at her wide eyed and glared at Matt, “Why would you bring them here?! You know I hate them!”

“I know,” he said and then wrapped his arms around her.

“No! Don’t try to be a loving brother now!” she yelled as she tried to push him away and I backed up.

“Em, listen to me! It was for them to see that they’re not needed here!” he said and she stopped struggling and looked at him with her wide eyes and tear stained cheeks, “You should have seen the mess I made in the locker room. They surprised me at a game and my Coach had to escort them out of the locker room.”

“Why bring them here?!”

“Like I said! They needed to see that we’re fine without them!” he said and Emily sighed and I watched as she collapsed to her knees and held her face.

“Em,” I said and knelt down next to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

“They wanted me to go back to Minnesota with them, said it wasn’t too late to change my major,” she scoffed and Matt sighed and rubbed Emily’s arm.

“Well, from the mess you made in the living room, they’ll think twice about coming to visit us again,” Matt chuckled and Emily sighed and shook her head.

“They know where I live,” she whined.

“They know where I live too,” Matt said and I sat down and leaned my back against Emily’s bed.

“WHAT THE HELL?!!!” we heard and looked over towards the door.

“Brooke’s home,” Emily muttered.

“EMILY!!! HELLO!!!” Brooke yelled and Matt walked out of the room and I heard him talking to Brooke.

I looked over towards Emily, wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my lap. She sat sideways on my lap with her back to the door. I kissed her head and she leaned against me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

-Emily-
“They just frustrate me so much,” I growled and shook my hands in the air making it look like I was strangling someone.

“So you destroyed the place?” Ashley asked as she looked at the mess that Matt, Tyler and I were cleaning up.

“I wanted them out, so I threw things at them,” I said and then sighed, “I’m sorry.”

“Wow, I never knew you had mommy and daddy issues,” Brad said as he and Brooke walked out of the hallway.

“Yes Marshy, I have mommy and daddy issues,” I muttered and shook my head.

He had taken Brooke out to lunch and then came upstairs with her when they got back. Brooke had thought that we were robbed, but then my brother talked her and told them what happened.

I had smashed the inside of the coffee table, a lamp, picture frame, flower vase and put a hole in the wall when the lamp hit the wall.

“Why didn’t you come out sooner?!” Amy asked and Tyler scrambled with his words and then pointed towards Matt.

“Sure, throw me under the bus,” Matt muttered and I gave a small smile.

“I need ice cream,” I said and then sighed, throwing the last of the glass into the trash bag.

“Oh! Speaking of ice cream!” Ashley smiled and then skipped to the freezer, “Amy and I went to the Quincy market.”

My eyes widened and I smiled brightly, “You got me gelato?”

“Yes ma’am!”

“I love you!” I squealed and then grabbed the pint of strawberry gelato from Ashley and ran over towards the couch and jumped on it.

“Wow,” Tyler laughed and I threw the cover of the ice cream towards him and realized that I forgot a spoon.

“Ya dork,” I heard and then saw a spoon flying at me.

“Thanks Ash!” I smiled and dug into my gelato.

“Nothing like gelato to make her mood better,” Amy laughed, “There’s a hint for you, Tyler.”

“Thanks,” he laughed and then made his way over towards me and then sat next to me, picking my feet up and sliding closer to me, laying my legs across his lap, “Can I have a bite-“

“NO!” I snapped and then stuck a spoonful of gelato in my mouth, a smirk on my face.

“Greedy!” he whined and I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him.

Everything had finally calmed down and my brother decided that he was going to stay the night and then leave in the morning. We ended up ordering Chinese food for dinner that night and watched the Big Bang Theory on TV, laughing when the guys were confused.

Just before midnight, Tyler and I went to bed. I fell asleep with his arms around me and hearing him say that he wanted to take me away from the city for a while.

-Tyler-
“So how’s your girl doing?” Nathan Horton asked and I looked at him as I laced up my skates.

“She’s fine, why?”

“Well, you haven’t talked about her in a while, even took her picture down in your locker,” Nathan said, “We were wondering if you were still together.”

“We are, we’re fine,” I said and then stood up and saw him, Milan and Shawn Thorton in front of me, “In fact I’m taking her away for the five day break we have.”

“Where ya going?” Milan asked and I smirked and shook my head.

“Like I’d tell you guys.”

“Segs!” Nathan called and I turned around.

“Let me make this perfectly clear! The only reason I’m still here, is because of my contract! You hurt my girlfriend and messed with my relationship with her, she’ll never, and I’ll never forgive you for that!” I growled and they stared at me.

“Wow, Segs grew some balls,” Milan smirked and I growled, but then felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Come on, Segs,” Marshy said and then pulled me out of the locker room, “I know you’re pissed at them, but you need to calm down, no good fighting about it.”

“But Marshy-”

“I know,” he said and then stopped and looked around ups, no one was coming, “They’ve been on my ass for dating Emily’s friend.”

“Brooke?” I asked and he nodded his head, “So you finally admitted that you’re dating her?” I smirked and he scoffed and shook his head.

“I haven’t exactly asked her, but-“

“Are you serious?! You’ve been with her longer than Emily and I!”

“I know, but you know-“

“I’m sure she thinks that you guys are together,” I smirked and we skated out onto the ice, “I can’t believe you never asked her! It’s been months!”

“I know! Shut up, I know!”