Status: Complete

Well Hello There, Mr. Carter

Chapter 3: Am I fallin' for her?

*Annie's POV*

During the car ride back to the YM mansion all Dwayne and I could talk about was music. "I didn't know you liked my music so little." He said acting like he was hurt. "Don't get me wrong, I love your music its just-" he cut me off. "Its because of Robyn. I know. Everyone has to listen to 'Miss Rihanna queen of Rnb.'" He rolled his eyes. "Its not like that. She's a great person but she can be a little bossy sometimes." I sighed. "Yeah I know." He smiled. "Dwayne. Can I ask you something?" I looked at him seriously. "Shawty just call me Wayne." He smiled. "I prefer Dwayne. Makes you sound more distinguished." I smirked. "Whatever." He rolled his eyes playfully. I laughed. "What did you wanna ask me?" He glanced at me. "How come you never said anything to me about the way you feel about me before?" I bit my bottom lip. He sighed. "I don't know. I guess I was just scared that Taylor might beat me up if he knew I had a thing for his girl." He scoffed. "You. The mighty Dwayne Michael Carter Jr afraid of a guy whose 10 years younger than you and half your size, afraid?" My eyes widened in disbelief. He sighed again. "Okay fine you got me shawty. I didn't tell you because I didn't know if you felt the same way about me and I didn't want to get shot down by someone as beautiful as you." He winked at me. I nodded and blushed.

*Wayne's POV*

The fact that Annie kept calling me Dwayne didn't make me angry or annoyed like it did when somebody else did, in fact it made my heart leap. Just the way she said my name. I don't know how to explain it but it made me feel special. When we got to the YM mansion, being the gentleman I am I opened Annie's door for her and held the front door open for her. "Weez, man that you?" Drake called. "Yeah." I threw my keys on the table. "This place is huge." Annie's jaw dropped. I laughed at the look on her face. She blushed realising she looked like a fool- a cute fool.

We sat on the couch watching tv. After a while Annie turned it off and we talked. She spoke and her lips moved but I didn't hear a thing. I was staring at her lips, mesmerised by the way she formed her words. She didn't have thin lips like most white people had but she didn't have thick lips like most white people they were pretty much in the middle. "Dwayne are you listening to me?" She flicked my forehead. "Ouch." I rubbed my forehead. "Did you hear anything I just said?" She giggled. I shook my head. "Sorry." I bit my bottom lip. Our eyes met. She held the gaze for a second then leaned forward and kissed me softly on the lips. I kissed her back forcing my tongue in her mouth so I could deepen the kiss. She pulled back. "Dwayne." She whispered and kissed me again. I was relieved that she didn't pull back because I was doing something wrong. A phone started ringing. Annie groaned into the kiss and pulled back realising it was hers. "Sorry." She smiled weakly. "What?...Sorry Robyn, what you want?...No I'm not...Yeah I know...Well he can go fuck himself...No I don't...He made his choice...Robyn LET IT GO...I can't believe you're on his side in this!...Yeah whatever I gotta go." She sighed painfully and ran her fingers through her hair. "What's the matter shawty?" I lifted her chin. She shook her head. "Its nothing." She smiled. "Annie don't lie to me. I can see somethin's botherin' you." I tucked a strand of hair behind her hair. She sighed again. "Taylor wants me back." A tear ran down her cheek which I wiped away. "You still want him don't you?" I raised an eyebrow. She shook her head. "No. I got you now." She smiled and kissed me softly on the lips. I smiled at her. I looked deep into her eyes and then it hit me, I was fallin for this girl. HARD.