Status: Complete

Well Hello There, Mr. Carter

Chapter 5: Be mine Mrs Carter

*Annie's POV*

I stood in front of the mirror in Nicki's room staring at my reflection. "Barbz you look hawt." She smiled putting a necklace Dwayne had bought me a few weeks ago on. "Thanks Nick." I laughed. "If that nigga don't ask you to marry him tonight I'mma have to have a serious talk wit him." She nudged me. "You ready bae?" Dwayne stuck his head through the door. "Yeah." I smiled and grabbed my purse off Nicki's bed and gave her a hug. Dwayne let me drive his new Benz to the restaurant. "Damn shawty. I forgot how recklessly you drive." He nudged me playfully. I laughed.

We sat at the table gazing into each other's eyes. "Shawty I got somethin I wanna ask you." Dwayne started digging in his pocket. "What is it?" I sat up straight. "Will you marry me?" He pulled a big ass diamond ring out. I gasped. I opened my mouth to talk but instead I was pulled back to the day Taylor proposed to me. The lust in his eyes, the way he looked at me all came back. My heart started aching. I sighed. "Dwayne baby." I pulled my face the way I always did when making decisions. "If you don't wanna just say so. I'm a man I can take rejection." He laughed. I shook my head. "Nah bae its not that I just have to do something real quick. Stay right here I'mma be right back okay?" I stood up kissing his cheek. He sighed. "Aight." He glanced at me.

I ran out to Dwayne's car and hit the gas driving way above the speed limit. I had to get to Taylor immediately. Tears started running down my cheeks. I couldn't believe I was going back to my ex's house after the man I loved just asked me to marry him. I couldn't believe I just left him there. I must be the stupidist person on Earth.

*Taylor's POV*

I was watching football when there was a knock on the door. I stood up and reluctantly opened the door, before me stood Annie. The girl I once loved so much and still did. "Hey Tay." She smiled warily. "Hey." I smiled. "I can't stay long I just came to give you these back." She placed her hand over mine leaving her engagement and wedding rings lying in my hand. "Annie-" She cut me off. "I have to go. Dwayne's waiting for me." She smiled leaving again. Those words burnt me to the core. I stared at the rings in my hand knowing that the girl I loved so much the one that my whole centre revolved around was gone forever.

*Wayne's POV*

Did I say something wrong? Was I going too fast? Why was Annie acting so strange? I stared at the glass of syrup in front of me wondering if she was ever coming back. An hour passed I was about to leave when I felt someone touching my dreads. "Hey Weez miss me?" Annie kissed me softly on the lips. "Why'd you leave like that?" I raised an eyebrow. "Don't get mad k?" She bit her lip nervously. "Spill it!" I started getting impatient. "I had to give Taylor my rings back before I could answer you. I'm sorry baby." She stood up and kissed me hard. "Just forget it aight?" I rolled my eyes picking at my food. She sighed and sat down again.

*Annie's POV*

I knew Dwayne was pissed at me but I couldn't get married to someone else knowing that I still had my old rings with me. I lay on the bed next to Dwayne who was watching basketball. "Baby are you just gon ignore me forever now?" I sat up crossing my legs facing him. He sighed and turned the tv off. "What you think?" He smirked. "Aww bae don't be like that." I got on top of him straddling him. He rolled his eyes. "You know you can't ignore me forever." I started kissing every inch of his face. "Annie stop it." He pushed me up. "Why?" I raised an eyebrow. "Cuz shawty if you carry on doin that we gon have a big problem." He winked. "So?" I bit my bottom lip. "I'm mad at you." He squeezed my hips. "Not for long." I clutched his dreads in my fists and kissed him hard letting my tongue fight with his.

I fell down next to Dwayne exhausted. "Damn shawty." He kissed my shoulder. I giggled. Dwayne baby. I want you to ask me again." I turned on my side lying on my elbow. "What?" He looked at me confusedly. "Ask me again to marry you." I pouted. He laughed. "Aight shawty. Will you marry me?" He pulled the ring out from under his pillow. "Of course!" I grabbed his face in between my hands and kissed him hard. He pulled back and put the ring on my finger. "Mrs Carter." He whispered. I smiled.