Status: Complete

Well Hello There, Mr. Carter

Chapter 6: Its Mrs Carter thank you very much.

*2 years later*

*Wayne's POV*

When I woke I turned over expecting to see my beautiful wife Annie but instead she wasn't there. I got out of bed and dragged myself downstairs. Pans were clashing in the kitchen. I laughed to myself. "Morning shawty." I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck softly. "Hey." She turned in my arms. "What on earth are you doing?" I laughed looking at the mess she'd made. "Tryna make pancakes." She bit her bottom lip nervously. I laughed. "Shawty cookins Rebecca's job." I kissed her forehead. "I know but I wanted to surprise you." She smiled walking away from me. "Aight." I sat down at the kitchen counter watching her dropping the mixture into a pan. "Bae I don't wanna tell you how to cook but shouldn't the mixture in the pan be a little thicker?" I rubbed my forehead. She shook her head. "These are South African pancakes. You gon love em." She smiled and carried on with her cooking.

After 10 minutes Annie lay a plate of rolled up cinnamon and sugar. I picked at it with my fork not sure if I wanted to eat it or not. "Dwayne trust me." She laughed. I sighed and took a bite. My eyes widened. This stuff was AMAZING. "Bae how'd you learn to make this?" I stuffed the rest in my mouth. She laughed. "My Nana taught me." She smiled. "Will you make me more tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that?" I licked my lips. "Sure. I'll make em whenever you want." She disappeared up the stairs.

*Annie's POV*

After I got dressed I met with Ronny for coffee. His eyes lit up he saw me. He stood and wrapped his arms around me pulling me against him. "Hey Pumpkin." I smiled hugging him back. I sat down pulling out a cigarette and lightning it. "I hope you don't mind." I puffed on it. "Since when do you smoke?" He raised an eyebrow. "Bout 5 years. But I only used to do it when I was alone and then weed with Wayne." I smiled. He nodded. "Annie you know I love you right?" He looked at me seriously. I nodded. "Yeah I know." We stood up together. "I love you Pumpkin." I threw my arms around him.

After coffee with Ronny I headed home. The house was empty except for a not taped to my pillow. *In studio. I'mma see you later. -Wayne.* I crumpled it up and threw it in the bin. My phone started buzzing. I pulled it out but didn't recognise the number. "Hello... Yeah this is she... What?... No... Okay thanks." I fell down on the bed crying hysterically. I couldn't believe Ronny was dead. I just saw him an hour ago how could he be dead? I got up and walked to the bathroom staring at my reflection. My mascara had started running and left black streaks on my cheeks. I ran the water and washed my face.

*Wayne's POV*

Annie was sitting on the couch staring into space when I got home. She didn't move when I shut the door and sat down next to her. "What's wrong shawty?" I put my arm around her shoulders. She shook her head. "C'mon now. You know you can tell me anything." I tucked her hair behind her ear. "Ronny's dead." She started crying hysterically. I was stunned. "What happened?" I held her close. "He just died. They say it was cancer. I didn't even know. Why didn't he tell me he had cancer? I could've spent more time with him." She wiped her tears but they didn't stop they just kept flowing from her eyes. "Its not your fault." I kissed her softly.