Status: active people!

Violet

Explanations.

“why are you wearing a sweater, shorts, and knee high socks?” Jared asked me as I stormed out of my bedroom. I glared at him and decided to ignore his comment.

“Why are you so calm about this!” I snapped. Jared and I had just gotten home from the fair, where my boyfriend had turned into a wolf, and a cross bow held to my temple.

“Because you’re freaking out for the both of us, like always.” He answered simply. I sighed and sat next to him on the couch. I rested my head on his shoulder and sigh.

“Am I insane? Did I finally snap from the pressure?” I asked.

“No, unfortunately you’re completely sane.”

At this moment it all came crashing down and I broke into tears. “How is this possible?” I asked, my voice strangled by sobs. Jared immediately wrapped his arms around me.

“ Hey, hey, hey. Don’t cry. Think of how cool it is that we get to experience this? Obviously not a lot of people do, or it would be common knowledge.” Jared soothed. I could see his point but it was clouded by the haze of confusion.

Banging on the door caused me to jump. Jared took it upon himself to answer the door. Walking into the room where Blake and two other men. One was shorter than Blake but looked a softer version of him, while the other looked completely different. Almost polar opposites, this man held a scowl on his face and watched me with hard eyes.

“Lilly. I am so sorry. Are you okay?” Blake rushed to my side and held my face in his hand. I stared at him through watery eyes. I searched for any evidence that proved what I saw to be true. After a moment I found it; a small, almost invisible, patch of chocolate brown fur just above his ear. I reached out and touched the fur. Through this Blake had watched me silently, when I touched his cheek he grabbed my wrist and stared at it intently.

“She is hurt.” The rougher looking man said, startling me. I looked to my wrist to see a gash starting below my thumb and wrapping around in a swirl like flourish. I stared at it vaguely remembering Abraham’s bow tearing the flesh.

“I’m fine, really.” I said pulling my wrist from Blake. Although, he didn’t let go, instead held my wrist tighter, staring at the wound. Before I knew what was going on, Blake leaned down and dragged his tongue slowly along the cut. A gasp left my lips as a sensation swept through my body. I stared at Blake as he watched me.

“I, uh, okay.” I stumbled over my words. I furrowed my brows at him as his face broke into a grin. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. Just as quickly as it begun, it was over.

“We need to discuss some things.” Blake said as he stood.

“No kidding.” I snorted as I stood as well. I lead the group into the kitchen and pointed to the dining table. Everyone sat as I grabbed hot chocolate for everyone.

“My name is Jonathan and this is Thomas” The rougher one said, only to be interrupted by the Blake look-a-like.

“Just call me Tommy!” This earned a mean glare from Jonathan.

“Jonathan, relax.” Blake said in an authoritative tone. I watched a look come across Jonathan’s face before visibly relaxing. I glanced at Jared to see if he had seen it but he was snoring.

“ Hello, Jonathan and Tommy, nice to meet you.” I said trying to be as friendly as I could muster.

“We have heard so much about you! It’ll be nice to have a woman around to talk fashion about!” Tommy said happily. I could almost see his eyes glisten with excitement. I rose my eyebrow but smiled and nodded anyway.

“I hate to sound rude, but we have a problem that needs to be addressed.” Jonathan spat. I shrunk back immediately feeling guilty at my foolishness.

“ Lilly, you need to listen with an open mind.” Blake said gently. I looked up at him suddenly feeling small, I nodded.

“ My brothers and I are werewolves. We have been tracking this hunter, Abraham, for a long time now. We knew he had stationed himself here, looking for a lost creature to hunt. Lilly, you must stay away from this man, he is dangerous.” Blake explain in his authoritative tone again.

“Gee, thanks, I hadn’t noticed.” I said Sarcastically, earning a laugh from Blake and Tommy.

“Why are you so interested in such a lowly human? There are other wolves you could be adding to the pack! Why this girl?” Jonathan exploded as he stood from the table. The chair clanged to the floor.

He was right. The realization hit me hard in the gut. Obviously there were a lot of she-wolves that would love be his.

“Jonny! how could you say such a thing?” Tommy jumped to my defense. I sat shocked at the situation.

“She is not one of us!” The rough wolf shouted harshly. He turned to look at me, his hard glare made me shake. “She is weak!”

“She jumped from a ferris wheel to save our brother!”

“ We don’t need to be saved by lowly creatures!” Jonathan slammed his hand down on the table. By now the two were standing, screaming in each other’s faces.

“ENOUGH! SIT DOWN!” Blake roared. A startled yelp left my lips. I watched at the two sat, their movements reminding me of robots.

“You’re the alpha.” I whispered as the realization hit. “They have to physically follow your orders.” The wolves turned their attention to me.

“Yes. I fought my father to obtain my position.” Blake answered coldly. I flinched at it’s icy tone.

“How interesting” I muttered as I leaned forward to study Tommy and Jonathan. Tommy had relaxed and sat happily staring back at me, while Jonathan only glared. “Can you control it?”

“Yes, the only forced transition is on the brightest full moon.” Blake answered me again. I stood and walked into the living room and to the window. Glancing out the window, I found the moon almost full.

“ Do you, uh, hunt things?” I asked awkwardly. Tommy broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

“ One time, Blake at a whole chicken, RAW!” Tommy cackled with laughter.

“ew!” I laughed. Blake glared at the floor as pink tint flushed his cheeks. I giggled and looked out the window again.

“Am I in shock?” I asked. I felt to calm for this situation.

“No. Viktor Frankl once said: ‘ an abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal behavior.’” Blake said. I felt his hand touch my arm causing me to become aware of how swiftly he could move without noise.

“Viktor Frankl was held in concentration camps! This doesn’t really apply!” I exclaimed.

“It’s a pretty abnormal situation.” Tommy chimed in. I rolled my eyes and turned to Blake.

“How do I fit into this?” I asked.

“What a cliche question!” Jonathan groaned. I shot a glare in his direction.

“I don’t know, Lily. Abraham has been following you.” Blake whispered as he lightly held my cheek in his large hand.

“That’s why you were in the bar that night. Did you mean for this to happen?” I asked.

Blake opened his mouth to answer but was silenced by a sharp scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl is worth a read.
I picture Jonathan as Jensen Ackles and Tommy as Jared Padalecki.
comments are always appriecated :)
ENJOY
-R