Status: active people!

Violet

The Fair

“No, Miss, I need to to listen to my words.” I said into the phone. Today marks my fifth week working in the hospital. I was currently on the phone with a particularly difficult parent whose son was epileptic.

“I don’t think you understand the situation.” The woman’s shrill voice crackled through the phone’s speaker. Sighing, I rubbed my forehead.

“ Your son suffers from a neuroelectric disorder. This means the electricity in his brain is misfiring and that is what’s causing the seizures.” I tried explaining to the woman.

“ I want to have him tested for something else, to rule everything out.” She said. Rolling my eyes found my pen and paper to take notes.

“yes, that is why I called you. I wanted to take some more tests to rule out any genetic disorders or a brain injury.” I sighed.

“why didn’t you just start with that?” My temper began to flare with this woman.
I quickly set up an appointment to take the extra tests. Suddenly very tired I rested my head on Blake’s desk where I was seated. I didn’t have my own office and often used his to make phone calls to patients. I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and momentarily felt the surge of panic. A moment later I felt silly once i noticed the person was Blake.

“Long day, Darling?” His deep voice instantly calmed me. I rested my head back on the cool desk top and allowed him to rub away the tension. When he pressed his thumb in one particular spot I involuntarily let out a moan. This caused Blake to pause his movements before doing it again but harder creating the same response.

“Blake, We are at work” I groaned causing him to chuckle but stop his torture. I glanced at the clock, only an hour left until I could go home and get ready for the fair tonight. Blake and I were going to meet Jared there with his new date. I haven’t met her yet but Blake assures me shes nothing to be worried about.

“ don’t look so down, Lilly!” Jared said walking into the room. He looked as if he were glowing with happiness. He was really prospering in the environment he created for himself. I was proud of him.

“I’m just tired, Jar-Bear.” I told him. He nodded and checked his pager once it began beeping. Jared said his farewell promising to meet back up to carpool to our apartments. We had separate apartments but stayed on the same floor.

“I have to go check on Tammy before I start my paperwork.” I said standing and straightening my dress.

“I’ll join you.” Blake said. I glanced at him and smiled. His hand pulled me towards him and touched the side of my face.

“Hello, Doctor” I whispered. This caused him to growl and attach his lips to mine. The contact send shivers through my body. Tangling my hands through his thick black hair I pulled his body closer.
As quickly as it began it was over once Blake pulled himself away. “Lilly, we are at work.” He repeated my earlier words. I groaned and straightened my dress. It seemed since the night after graduation a fire had started within me, but we had never addressed anything other that simple kisses.

Walking into Tammy’s room a pang of guilt hit me. She has been in this hospital for over a month and no one knew what to do. The bleeding in her brain just moved to swelling. Tammy greeted us with her usual warm smile.

“Dr. O’conner! Look!” She exclaimed thrusting a puppy stuffed animal into the air. “My one of the volunteers got it for me.” I looked at Blake for an explanation, but he looked tense and rushed out of the room quickly.

“Wow. Well, wasn’t that nice! Did you thank this mystery volunteer?” I asked.

“Yeah, She did.” a deep voice said from behind me. Startled, I spun around to face a muscular man with slight stubble on his chin. I did not get a good feeling from this man.

“You’re the volunteer?” I asked as I took a step back from him. I noted that he stood straighter as Blake walked into the room.

“Yes. My name Is my name is Abraham.” He said with a slight accent as he held out his hand to shake. I slowly took it and gasped in panic as when he grasped me tightly. Only after he kissed my hand did he let go. Blake’s low growling didn’t go unnoticed. I stumbled back into Blake’s chest.

“Well, I must tell you that volunteer hours are up.” Blake said through clenched teeth. Abraham looked at him and the air shifted in the room. I suddenly felt as if I was left out on an important fact.

“Yes, good bye Tamatha. Nice meeting you, Dr. O'connor.” Abraham said then turned to leave. I turned to Tammy and sighed.

“How are you feeling today?” I asked grabbing her clipboard from the foot of the bed. She shrugged and snuggled into her blankets.

“ Still vomiting?”

“No, just tired.” She mumbled before snoring lightly. I rubbed my forehead and wrote a few notes on her charts.

“Must be the medication. I’ll have to check her dosages.” I mumbled to myself before turning to walk out of the room. I glanced at Blake to see him glaring at the floor.

“Blake?” I asked touching his shoulder. His piercing eyes moved to examine my face. I gasped at him, his eyes were glowing! “Blake! Are you okay?”

“hmm? Oh, Yes, I’m okay. I’m sorry, dear.” He said. The glowing vanished so quickly I wasn’t sure I had seen it at all.

“Okay. I guess we can leave now. My shift ends in ten minutes. I’ll just grab my coat and bag.” I told him after a moment. I was still worried about him. Was he acting like this because of this Abraham character?

“Okay, Darling. I’ll meet you and Jared in the lobby. I just need to check in on a patient.” He said before kissing my forehead and bolting out the door. I sighed and walked to his office to gather my belongings.

~~

“Why are you wearing a sweater?” Jared asked as he stood in my bedroom waiting for me to finish getting dressed. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

“Does it look okay?” I asked. I decided to let my red curls fall loosely around my shoulders leaving me in a vibrant veil.

“You always look beautiful, Lil.” Jared said. I snorted and ushered him into my livingroom. There was a knock on my door and I jogged to answer it.

“Ready for the fair, Beautiful?” Blake said with a cheeky smile. I laughed and nodded. In truth, I was beyond ecstatic to go to the fair. A break from the hospital would be good for us all.

An hour later we were in line for the ferris wheel. Jared’s date had joined our little group as well. She was a shy brunette who often rambled when topics she found interesting popped into conversation. She was currently explaining a popular T.V show to Jared.

I felt Blake’s hand rubbing circles into my side so I looked up to him but got a glimpse of a figure over his shoulder. I froze and squinted my eyes to see but was interrupted by the conductor telling us it was our turn.

I held onto Blake’s shirt tightly as the conductor closed the little gate. Jared and his date piled into the cart behind us. I heard him chuckle and kiss my head. Our cart jostled as we moved forward. I loved the ferris wheel but the initial take off always scared me.

“Wow, it’s so pretty.” I gasped as we stopped at the top. We could see the whole city from our vantage point. I looked over to Blake when I felt his hand tugging my hair gently. I was met by his lips and immediately responded.

Kissing Blake sent chills up my spin and made me want more. One hand wound around my waist pulling me closer while the other tangled into my curls. I responded by pushing tugging his hair into my hands. He growled and moved his lips to my neck. Once he found my sweet spot he focused on it, licking and biting at my flesh. I moaned and arched my back needing more.

Suddenly the cart jolted forward and stopped causing the cart to rock. We separated and looked around. I looked back to see Jared looking frantically at me. He pointed towards the ground which led to me look. I startled scream left my lips as I pushed myself into Blake’s arms.

A giant black wolf crouched growling at a figure. I strained to see but eventually saw it was Abraham. I looked at Blake to see his eyes glowing again. Looking back at the wolf, I saw that it was staring up at us. Abraham took this time to lunge at the wolf. I found myself terrified for the creature.

“Blake! We have to do something!” I shouted at him. This caught his attention as he looked at me something in his eyes shifted.

“What ever you see tonight, don’t be scared. I would never hurt you.” Blake said. He kissed my forehead and jumped out of the cart causing it to rock back and forth.

I watched as Blake began to shake as he approached the black wolf. Making a split second decision I cautiously climbed out of the cart. Holding on tightly to the metal bars i climbed down to the ground. By now everything was in chaos, people were screaming and running, and a giant wolf fought with a man.

“Did I not say to stay in the cart!” Blake shouted at me. His eyes glowed and his skin began to crack and peel.

“No, you didn’t! What is going on with you?” I shouted back. Blake stepped back groaning in pain. He reached up and peeled a chunk of his cheek off his face. Horrified, I found that chocolate brown fur had taken it’s place.

“Well I meant to!” Blake’s voice came out as a deep growl. I heard a scream and looked to find a man had deep gash on his shoulder. Blake and I locked eyes and engaged in a silent battle: do i help him or do i find safety from the insanity. I took off towards the man before Blake could stop me.

“Hello sir, I’m a doctor.” I told him calmly. The man had to be about 40 years old with graying hair. I Tore off my sweater and pressed it to his rapidly bleeding shoulder. I felt the chill of the late summer air and shivered slightly.

“Your eyes, They’re purple!” The man said. I looked down at him and nodded. Before I could say anything someone had a grip of my hair and yanked me up. I screamed in horror as Abraham held be to his chest and pointed a cross bow at my head.

“I know your weakness!” Abraham shouted. I opened my eyes to find the black wolf standing next to a brown wolf. The brown wolf snarled and growled at us. Abraham pushed his weapon harder into my temple. Tears began to slip down my cheeks.

“You let her go you crazy fuck!” Jared screamed suddenly on the ground behind the wolves.

While Abraham was distracted I snapped my head back and bashed him in the face. He let me go and I took a few steps before turning and punching Abraham as hard as I could in the nose. I hissed in pain and held my hand.

“You don’t know what you’re doing!” Abraham shouted at me. The police had shown up and were running towards him. “You’ll see your mistake! Just wait until the full moon!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a while, but here you go!
ENJOY!
-R