Status: Oh so sinful

Blurring the Lines

Envy & Kindness

After that night, Dax kept a close eye on Lo. No matter where she went, Dax made sure she was never alone. The war between Dax and Arland had be building up for some years now, but once Lo was involved, everything changed. Tonight, like the last five, Lo was being forced to stay inside her flat. Dax came by to check on her every few hours, fearing there might be some sort of attack. He hated leaving her there all alone, but he had a meeting with a few of his henchmen.

“Why can’t they just come here to talk to you?” Lo asked, annoyed at having to spend yet another night alone.

“Lo, I really don’t have time for this.”

“Are you even really going to talk to the guys, or are you just telling me that so I don’t try and follow you to some whore house?”

“Please don’t do this. I have to go.”

“Well are you coming back?”

“I don’t know! Okay?” Dax shouting at her was rare. He was not one to be trifled with by any other, but he did sincerely care about her. Lo looked toward the ground, clearly upset.

“Fine. Just go. Have fun with whoever you end up with tonight.”

“I’ll be back in a few hours. I promise. I’ll stay over tonight.”

“Are you really meeting the guys?”

“I really am.” His Welsh accent

"Okay." she sighed, still doubtful. Dax kissed her forehead and left without another word.

---


"Lo Rowan?" Liam asked. "Of all Sins to get mixed up with, you choose Lo Rowan?" Liam asked, surprised by what Harry had confided in him.

"Liam, you know just as well as I do that Sins aren't bad people."

"I'm not saying that they are, I just personally wouldn't want to have Dax Wilson after me."

"I don't care who is after me, Liam." Harry ran a hand through his bouncy locks and let out a sigh. It had been a week since the pair met in that ally. "I don't know I just feel like I need to help her." Liam just nodded, knowing that nothing he could say would get through that thick head of Harry's. Once he put his mind to something, he wouldn't rest until he saw it through. He was jolted from his thoughts by his cell phone notifying him of a text message.

"I better be off, mate. Meet up tomorrow, then?" Liam asked. Harry confirmed their plans and watched Liam walk off. He continued to walk his normal route, though this time the hard pavement felt like a cloud as he floated on the thought of Lo's blue eyes and soft skin. The moment shattered along with the glass of a window two stories above him. He jumped out of the way as a potted plant fell down in front of him. Next, he heard the screaming. It was a shrill female voice screaming loudly at first, then muffled, as if someone had covered her mouth with their hand. Harry looked around and realized where he was.

---


Lo had been watching repeats of some old television series when the door was kicked down. She lunged at the coffee table in front of her for her knife and cell phone, but was unable to do so before being tackled. She screamed at the top of her lungs, she had neighbors, she should be heard by someone. She fought with all her might, but he got his hand over her mouth and pulled her face close to his.

"You continue to scream like that, girly, I'll give you a real reason to scream." the intruder said, pressing his knife into her stomach. She let her eyes wander to his forearm to see if he was marked. Of course he was. Every one of Arland's minions were marked with an 'A' shaped brand. When he relaxed his grip on her the smallest bit, she tried to wiggle her way away from him. She threw herself out of his arms and pushed him forcefully. He fell backwards onto the floor before getting up quickly. She searched frantically for anything she could throw at him. The first shot, a small potted plant, flew straight past him and through the closed window. The man barreled toward her. She tried to run, but he was faster. Her grabbed her head by her hair and threw her onto the ground. The smooth metal sliced through her skin easily. She shrieked again, this time louder.
"I told you to shut up." he said thrusting the knife back into her abdomen. He left her bleeding on the floor as he searched the apartment for any sort of phone or computer. All he found was her cell phone, which he took before leaving her to die. She prayed for Dax to get home. He would save her. She cried and cried for what felt like hours before she heard quick footsteps climbing the stairs.

"Dax?" she called out. The footsteps drew closer until the source of the sound made himself known.

"Lo!" Harry nearly screamed, running to her side. He grabbed his cell phone and dialed the one number he hated calling. "Dad, I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so sorry this took forever to get out to you guys. I've been super busy with work and trying to figure out my life since I moved back to Scranton and everything's just a mess. I'm really sorry, but I hope you like it.
-Other Meghan