Status: New Story

A Blessing or a Curse

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Mother of Fate

I didn’t want to depart from Carter, but what choice did I have? When I snuck into my room I was grateful to hear the muffled snores of my uncle and steady breaths of my aunt and cousin. I haven’t been caught, thank God. They were still sound asleep. The clock read 8:04, so for another two hours.

I entered my room from the balcony when Ting and Aja jumped up and started barking in glee. I put my finger to my lips to hush them and picked Aja up in my arms and collapsed on my bed. Ting jumped up and started licking my nose getting a giggle out of me.
I let out a sigh and wished every night could be like last night. Cuddled up in my mate’s arms, his soft snoring settling me to sleep like a lullaby. A small smile appeared on my lips at his stupid attempt to make Fried Cereal. It was cute. It really was.

I placed Aja on the ground and got up to look at myself in the mirror. I cringed at the sight. My hair was an unruly, frizzy mess, I had heavy bags under my eyes and my cheeks had some dirt on it, plus I had no makeup on and Carter’s jersey made me look like a bony skeleton.
I unwrapped the gauze from my hand and examined my wound. Now it was just a light pink scar around my wrist. I sighed in relief so I wouldn’t have to come up with some excuse to my aunt and uncle.
I needed to go take a shower to get his scent off me before my aunt and uncle would start asking questions. I walked into my bathroom and slipped out of Carter’s Jersey and took a shower.

I spent about thirty minutes in the shower, washing my hair, shaving and scrubbing my skin raw his enticing scent. When I was done I wrapped a fluffy pink towel around my body then around my hair. I just put on some Spiderman underwear, some old red Hollister shorts and a plain, black spaghetti tank top and flip flops. I let down my curly hair and let in dry naturally. I wasn’t planning on going anywhere anyway.

~

The day went on as usual, I went to church with my aunt, uncle and cousin and we came back home. My aunt went out furniture shopping and my uncle was watching soccer on the plasma screen and my cousin stayed in his room doing whatever. I made sure to check in on him every now and then.
Around four thirty I was out of my mind bored. I thought of what I could do around this boring town. Movie? Nah. Café? No. Arcade? Not by myself. Bowling? Nope. Shopping? I’m broke. Go out for a run? My wolf had enough.

I sighed and gave up and decided to just go on my Mac laptop and roam the internet. I was going through tumblr and twitter when one of my friend’s from school, named Marinilla tweeted ‘I am literally dying to see MOTHER OF FATE tonight. #CantWait’ I clicked to view the rest of the conversation. It got 4 retweets and 6 favorites. Some blond girl named Alexia said ‘@ManillaKilla The lead singer is my future husband.’ Then some other girl whose twitter name was HapppieHippie said ‘@ManillaKilla whose Mother of fate?’ ‘@HapppieHippie this new indie, alternative band. They are so amazing! You should come.’ And she left a link which I clicked on.

It was the website of the Nora Café, just a few miles from my house, near the dance studio I used to go to. I read the details for tonight.
Sunday April 27th, 2013
Performance by Mother of Fate; indie, alternative, sadcore band.
From 6:30-8:00
CD’s being sold for $20 each. Cash only.
All are welcome. Free coffee from 6:45-7:15 and the band will meet and speak fans.
I looked at the picture of the band and studied each member closely. The lead singer was a guy with blond hair and blue eyes who was pretty pale and had tattoos running up his right arm, the guy with a guitar had a black fohawk and steel grey eyes, that reminded me of Alpha Korlav, the guy with the bass in his large hands had messy brown hair that hid his light blue eyes and a really cute smile and the drummer was had shaggy brown with tattoos running down his arms.

I picked up my cellphone and dialed Ashelle’s number and waited patiently for her to pick up. After four rings she did. “Hey Ash, what’re you doing tonight?”

~

“I think I’ve heard of them before.” Ashelle said as she opened the door and walked into the dimly lit Café. Nora Café was the type of place you could come to for absolute peace and quiet. The walls were painted a faded red and the floors were a marronish color, and there was always unscented candles lit everywhere with patient and kind serves.
I never have seen the café as full as it was right now. Most of the tables were filled with teenage girls, human and werewolf and there was waiters running through and filling out orders like crazy. The Café was busy tonight.

We sat at a two seated high table where we got a perfect view of the stage, which right now had a drum set and a microphone. I checked the time which read 6:26. They should be coming on soon.

“Hi, I’m Magnolia. Welcome to the Nora Café, I’ll be your humble server today. Can I help you two lovely ladies with anything?” a waiter with bright red hair and purple extensions that was pinned up in a Korean bun, sickly pale skin and red lipstick asked us.
“Um, yeah, I’ll just have a small Vanilla Latté and a macaroon… and…” Ashelle said flipping through the small menu, “and a chocolate chip muffin, thank you.”
“And you?” she offered me a sweet smile.
“I’ll just have a small green tea latté and a chocolate chip muffin and a strawberry yogurt, thanks.”She scribbled what we wanted down and gave us another smile and walked away.
“They better be good. And hot.” Ashelle flicked a piece of her pin straight blond hair over her shoulder with a manicured finger. “If they suck I’m leaving. I hate suckish music.”

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. “So does everyone Ash.” I examined her black, green and pink crop top. “I like that top, Ash. I’m borrowing it someday.” Ashelle had an amazing sense of fashion, since she wanted to be a fashion designer. She was wearing a floral crop top that stopped right under her ribcage revealing her flat, tanned stomach that had a white and black bellybutton ring with a butterfly on it, with white shorts so white they looked like they’ve been bleached a thousand times, beige moccasins and a black crossbody shoulder bag. Her golden blond hair fell down pin-straight down to her ribcage. Her makeup was done to perfection; she made her pink cheeks even pinker with blush and did a subtle wing with eyeliner and she had rosy pink lip gloss and concealer to cover up the very few flaws she had.
I was wearing a sleeveless black shirt with a white skull made out of white roses, light blue denim high-waisted shorts, with see-through tights and a white cardigan and my favorite studded combat boots. My light brown hair was in its natural curls, bouncing and shiny right above my bust. My makeup was heavier than usual I must admit. I had on a deep, black smokey eye and pink lipstick with concealer, blush, highlighter and mascara. Her style was more preppy and girly, which fit her personality perfectly. Mine was a slight bit more tomboyish and urban. But we both did share a passion for fashion and an addiction to shopping.
“Feel free.” She shrugged.

“So, um yesterday at like midnight I went for a run.” I said. I wanted to fill her in on last night, me and the almost incident with the vampire and sleeping with Carter.
“So?”
I then explained to her the events of last night. “And then I came home this morning around 8. I’m literally running on like 4 hours of sleep.” I finished.
“I wanna meet him.” Ash said. Just then the waitress came and placed down what we had ordered in front of us and left with another sweet smile.
“You should. I like him.” I smiled to dreamily. “I like him a lot.”

Ashelle opened her mouth to say something until just then the lights in the café dimmed down even more and there was a harrumph from the stage. I turned to see the band on stage ready to play. “Hello, I’m Blake,” the singer introduced himself; he had a deep voice and a British accent that could wet a girls panties quicker than a hose. I had to admit, he was attractive. Very attractive. He had blond hair that was spike upwards and a prominent bone structure, with gorgeous light blue eyes a tall and muscular body. “This is James,” he gestured to the guitarist who winked at the crowd causing a few girls to squeal and giggle, “This is Humph,” he bobbed his head to the guy holding the bass who smiled, “And this is out one and only drummer Jason.” And Jason nodded his head. “And we’re Mother of Fate. We’d like to dedicate this song to our special someones who we haven’t met yet, but they’re out there.”
Ashelle scoffed and rolled her eyes, she knew it was bullshit that they just wanted to get the girls in the crowd all riled up. “Wherever you are, we’re waiting for you.”

I then realized they were werewolves, I could tell from the scent and how attractive and charming they were. You could tell. Werewolves had much more beauty and charisma than any human out there. It was a natural thing.’
The lead singer harrumphed and began:
“Angel…oh Angel.
My beautiful, beautiful dream girl,
The one that’ll make my toes curl,
The one I’d put above all,
The one that’d I’d love against all…odds.
I want to hold you close,
You’re the only thing that gives me hope,
I can picture it now,
How your laugh’ll make me go wow,
How your eyes will shine a light,
How your smile will be so bright,
‘Till then, I’ll be waiting for you…”

“Wow, they’re good.” Ashelle breathed slightly shocked. I just nodded and took a bite of my muffin and continued to listen.
His voice was really mesmerizing, almost hypnotic. It was so soft and melodic. You could almost feel the passion and emotion in his words. Once they finished song everyone began clapping and cheering and almost screeching at the top of their lungs.

After about six more songs they exited the stage and started talking to their newfound fans. I had to admit, I’d be buying their album. After I purchased the CD called Hypnosis Shit me and Ashelle stayed a while and talked with a few girls we knew from school about the band.
Apparently they moved into Halden, the town I lived in six months ago and they’re a brand new band. The lead singer whose name I’d forgotten was from the Britain and the bass player was from Australia and the guitarist was from Scotland and the drummer was from California. That was weird, they all came from different countries and just joined together in a band.
After the band left the café emptied out quite quickly. Ashelle and I left a six dollar tip and followed everyone else and left as well. It was dark outside, almost 9 pm and we had to walk alone. It wasn’t a bad town or anything, but it was always an uncomfortable feeling nonetheless. We started walking home talking about Mother of Fate and other pointless topics when she departed and went her way home and I continued on mine.

I was lost in my thoughts until a white van with black and red paint splattered all over it pulled up behind me. “Is this a fucking joke?” I mumbled to myself. “A white van? Seriously?”
I quickened my pace, now speed-walking and the pace of the van quicken. My wolf was now on full alert, ready if I was to be attacked any moment. I huffed out and began to jog lightly and reached for my phone out of my black crossbody bag. The van drove quicker and met my pace. A window rolled down to reveal the lead singer of Mother of Fate.
“Excuse me miss?” he gave me a guilty gentle smile. “I didn’t mean to frighten you.”
I sighed out in relief, but my wolf remained on guard and tense. “Oh, it’s alright…do you need anything?”
“Yes, actually…” he began. “I recognized you from the café, you were watching my band. Am I correct?”
I just nodded and waited for him to continue, “Well…my band and I aren’t familiar with these parts. Would it be a bother if you could give us directions to the Garden Gate Hotel? Our manager unfortunately gave us the wrong details.” He asked kindly with a smile.
I just nodded and stepped closer to the van getting a closer look of the lead singer. He was really gorgeous, the way the light of the moon reflected in his eyes was to die for gorgeous. They made them sparkle. “Sure, that’s not a problem.”
“I’m Blake,” he introduced himself, “If you don’t remember my name.”
“Lolita.” I gave him a short, fake smile. I hoped he didn’t notice. I didn’t want to be purposely rude. I understood the situation they were in wasn’t pleasant. Being in a foreign land and not knowing where the fuck they are but I just had one desire and that was to get home.
“Pleasure to meet you.” He smiled at me again.

I gave them the directions as best as I could and I said goodbye until they stopped me. “Wait,” I restrained myself from rolling my eyes and letting out an impatient sigh. I just wanted to go home. “If you’d like I could bring you home. It’s a late hour, and a pretty girl like you could stumble in to trouble. Were or not.” Blake winked at me. I let my lips twitch up into a small, humble smile.

I could tell they were werewolves from the scent but I was still caught off guard when he said it so casually. “Hop in.” he gestured from the passenger’s seat.
I debated this for a moment. I could a.) Walk about another twenty five minutes in this pretty hot night by myself with the chance of getting raped, murdered, or mugged (even though I knew this wasn’t a bad town) or b.) Take a stupid risk and get into a van with four other male werewolves I didn’t know and risk them being some freaks, but get home in less than five to ten minutes.

“Um…I don’t know…” You could hear the hesitation in my voice. “I saw Jennifer’s Body and that shit didn’t end well.”
Blake chuckled and shook his head, “I promise you we’re not here to sell your soul to the devil for fame. I mean, how would I know if you’re a virgin anyway? It could end up a sticky situation and you’d come back a demand like in the movie.”
I laughed humorously and stood there thinking for another moment. Should I? I’ve hitchhiked before and nothing bad happened. “We don’t bite.” He winked at me again. “I promise.”
Oh fuck it. I’ve done things more reckless before, why would this time be any different? It was just a ride home anyway.

I jogged to the other side of the van and the door opened and I hopped in the back. There was only the driver’s seat and passenger seat so I sat cross-legged in the back next to the other band members.
Blake turned to face me but the smile from his face had turn into a cold, hard glare. Instantly my wolf went on alert and I cursed myself for getting in the van. “Knock the bitch out.”

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop! Cliffhanger! Lol, I already wrote the next chapter and I'm just gunna wait a little bit and get a few more comments and see what you guys think! To be honest the next chapter will probably leave a lot of you guys asking questions more than answering them, lol.

Don't worry, the truth'll come out soon enough!
Oh, and I'm looking for someone to make me a cover/banner. It'd be greatly appreciated.

BTW I'll be posting this on Wattpad in maybe a week or so, and that version will be MUCH more clear and edited so if you wanna check that out feel free. It won't be DRASTIC changes, but they'll be less grammar mistakes and shit. BTW if you see a stupid grammar mistake or error PLEASE let me know.

Don't be a silent reader my loves. Subscribe and Recommend. Love youu
Mwah

XoXo Exclusively.Flawless