Status: New Story

A Blessing or a Curse

Chapter Twenty Eight: You Make Me Wild/Whip-Cream Flavored Lips

Chapter Twenty Eight: You Make Me Wild, You Make Me Crazy/ Whip Cream-Flavored Lips

~Carter’s Point Of View~

Honestly I didn’t anticipate things getting so heated with my little mate. It just did. If she didn’t tell me how uncomfortable she was, no doubt I wouldn’t have stopped. She was so fucking tempting. I knew the bond between mates was intense and the lust they shared for each other was like no other passion ever felt before but I didn’t expect it to be this strong to be honest. Throughout my nineteen years I’ve experienced real sexual frustration, but nothing could sexually devastate me more than my kitten.
I hated the fact she didn’t want to be marked just yet, and my wolf hated it even more. The urge to imprint myself into her skin permanently was becoming unbearable, and if I waited long enough it’d be damn near impossible. I knew I’d wait for her no matter how grueling the wait, but I only hoped she’d be ready soon.
She knew how to get me excited, even if it was unintentionally. I couldn’t imagine how much control she’d have over me if she played her cards right and actually tried to seduce me. I’d be at her knees and fulfilling and obeying all her demands, needs and request without question. She would practically own me. But now, I’ll keep my control over her.
“So where are we going?” I hadn’t realized she had stepped out of the bathroom and was ready to go.

After I told her to go get ready she grabbed some clothes and shoes from her closet and made it into her bathroom and disappeared for an hour and I just patiently waited for her while watching TV and being lost in my thoughts.

I looked her up and down, loving what I was seeing. That hour of waiting was sure as hell worth it.
Her golden, curly hair was currently straightened but had a bit of a wave to it. Personally I preferred her natural hair but she looked flawless nonetheless. Her newly glowing bronze skin was clear and smooth as ever; I assumed she’s spent some time in the sun. The glow of her skin made her vibrant violet eyes, that were surrounded by thick black eyelashes, sparkle much more and her perfect, pale lips were colored in a glossy pink color.

Her outfit fed my hungry thoughts and made me long for her even more. She was wearing a sleeveless denim blouse that was tied at the front revealing her tan, toned flat stomach that had a dangling belly button piercing and a tight, white skirt that stopped mid thigh and outlined her legs and perfect ass wonderfully. The outfit was simple but made me crave for her more.

“Where are we going?” she voiced her question once more.
I snapped myself out of the trance her beauty put me in and said “Well, since it’s only 10 a.m. I thought I’d treat you to breakfast and we’ll see where the day takes us from there.”
She smiled “Well, I texted my aunt whose at work now and she said that I could be out all day, until midnight of course, I have a curfew. They think I’m out with Ashelle.”
I couldn’t help the grin that formed on my lips. “Perfect.”

~

We decided iHop would be our destination for breakfast. I ordered red velvet pancakes, Bacon Temptation Omelets’, peaches and cream brioche French toast, the breakfast sampler which consisted of two eggs, bacon strips, pork sausages, ham and golden hashbrowns, and orange juice to wash it all down.
Lolita settled just for the ‘Sample & Fit Two-egg breakfast’ which was scrambled eggs, a bowl of fruit and instead of turkey bacon she got regular bacon. Her meal was 350 calories and a cup of water, with little ice.

I eat snacks with ten times more calories than that, but she insisted she wasn’t a heavy eater.
When our food came Lolita’s mouth was wide open at all I had ordered. My meal came in a total of five plates, while hers was one with a small bowl of grapes, strawberries, watermelon, etc.
“How can you possibly eat so much?” she asked taking a sip of her water.

I just shrugged and shoved a piece of my bacon omelet into my mouth. “A man’s gotta eat. Need that nutrition to survive.”
She giggled and carefully placed a forkful of scrambled eggs into her mouth. She chewed so slowly and hesitantly, like she was self-conscious. “You chew like you’re insecure of your chewing abilities.” I said my mouth full of pancakes.
She laughed and shook her head. “I-I just…its awkward eating in front of a guy.” She admitted.
“Why?”
“Because I don’t wanna look like a slob when I eat. And definitely not when I eat in front of my mate. That’s just not cute.” She placed a grape into her mouth.
“You’re always cute.” I said then shoved some more pancakes into my mouth.
She blushed and shook her head. “So how was Brazil? What you do there?”
“Nothing really happened. It was really hot though. My sisters were excited to see me. They-” she cut me off.
“You have sisters?!” she exclaimed in surprise.
I guess I didn’t mention that to her earlier. “Yeah, Angelica and Violetta, Angelica is six and Violetta is nine. They’re the only family I have left.”
“Oh,” was all she said “Why don’t the live here in the states?”
“Because my aunt Maria takes care of them and she lives down in Brazil. She doesn’t wanna come here. My grandma is too sick to take care of them and I have college and the rogue life isn’t something for little girls to deal with.” I answered.
“Carter, where are your parents?” she asked cautiously.

I sighed and swallowed my egg down and took a sip of my orange juice. “I never met my father. All I know about him is his name is Sergio and he couldn’t be bothered with my mother after he found out she was pregnant. He fucked with her brain, told her he loved her, manipulated her, fucked her and ditched her when she was 17 and knocked up with me. He was 22 at the time. Since that was 19 years ago, if he’s even still alive he’ll be 40-41 years old. My mom would’ve been 36, later on this month.”
“Would’ve?” her voice was low and timid as if she were afraid to ask.
“Yeah would’ve…she’s dead now.” I answered.
“You mind me asking how?” Lolita’s voice wavered. She was obviously afraid of how I’d react.
“Suicide.” I said. “Why, is a long story for another day. Let’s change topics.”
“I’m sorry.” She muttered sadly.
I took her hand in mine over the table. “Don’t be it’s not like you killed her.”
Just as those words escaped my lips a strong feeling overwhelmed me. A strong feeling of guilt.

~Lolita’s Point of View~

When the check came the whole cliché scene where the boy insists he pay for her food fight happened.
“Oh my gosh Carter, I have eighty bucks. I can pay for the meal. It’s only fifty-six dollars.” I rolled my eyes.
He shook his head and grabbed the check book out of my grasp. “You could have million dollars for all I care Marilyn, but you won’t pay for this meal. I’ve got it. Now don’t worry.”
“Oh come on Carter! Wouldn’t you want to keep your money?” I asked.
He shrugged “I would love to pay for you princess. I treated you to this dinner so therefore I shall pay for it. A man should always pay for the three dates no matter what. It’s only right.”
I rolled my violet orbs once again and scoffed. “Shut up Carter, it’s the 21st century get over it please. A woman can pay for the meal now. Whose rule is that anyway?” I flicked my brown hair over my shoulder for a bit of a dramatic effect. “Now please let me treat you to this meal.”
“I insist.” He brought his wallet and pulled out a crisp fifty dollar bill and another twenty dollar bill.
I shuffled through my purse and pulled out two twenties, a ten, a five and a dollar. “I implore.” I argued.
“Nah, don’t worry ‘bout it kitten. I got this.”
I groaned. This man was a stubborn as a bull. “Please, let’s drop the double standard.”
“Wouldn’t you want to keep your money?” he echoed my earlier words.
“Maybe I want to treat my mate. Personally I think making my mate happy is a thousand times more important than keeping my own money.” I displayed a fake smile.
“Aw, how sweet. But I’ll just pay for my girlfriend instead.” He smirked.
The sweet, country-accented, blond waitress returned a smile plastered on her lips revealing her two front teeth that overlapped each other. “Y’all ready to pay?”
“Yeah.” Carter snatched the tab and placed the fifty and twenty on it and handed it to her in the blink of an eye. “Keep the change as a tip.”
She looked down at the fourteen dollar tip and smiled gleefully. Waitresses don’t get tipped like that nowadays, especially with the tip already included in the final bill. “Thanks!” she smiled at us “Y’all have a great day now.”
I gave Carter a monotone look. “You could’ve at least let me cover the tip.”
“Coulda shoulda woulda…but didn’t.” he shrugged sliding out of the booth. “Now come on, let’s go somewhere.”
“Where are we going?” I asked as he opened the door to let me out of the restaurant first.
“Uhh, how about an early afternoon movie?” he suggested stuffing his hands into the pockets of his cargo shorts.
I ran a hand through my hair and nodded “I wanna see Sliket.”
He gave me an amused smile and lifted his right eyebrow wrinkling his forehead; he looked so cute doing that. “Heard it’s a terrifying movie. You sure you can handle it princess?”
I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “I’m sure. Plus, I’ll have my big bad rogue werewolf to protect me from the scary monsters and blood and guts!” I faked a dramatic damsel in distress voice.
“You bet your knee high socks you do!” he faked a nasally high, nerdy voice while opening the passenger’s door for me.
“Oh, what a gentlemen!” I joked sarcastically.

The drive to the movie theater was quiet except for the soft rock music playing on his radio until I broke the silence. “I really hate you for leaving, you know that?”
He sighed next to me “I knew this was an inevitable topic.”
His comment only got me angrier. Did he seriously think he could avoid the topic? “I’m serious asshole!” I ululated at him. “Why would you do that? Why the hell would you just ditch me and not even say what I did wrong Carter?! What the fuck is the matter with you?”
He laughed humorlessly “What you did wrong Marilyn? That’s a funny joke. I’m the only one who did anything wrong.”
This again. “Then what the fuck did you do?” I demanded.
“Not now Marilyn. I just got back and I want to enjoy the rest of the day with you. Just please.” He gritted through his teeth.

“Fuck you!” I crossed my arms stubbornly and leaned back. “Fuck you. Why don’t you just man up and admit what you did that was so goddamn horrendous? I can’t believe my mate’s a pussy.”I grumbled.
He let out unnerving, cacophonous growl that sounded almost like a roar. I flinched and my wolf whimpered inside me, not liking the fact he was upset with us. A part of me-the wolf part- wanted to apologize for disrespecting him and making him feel less of a man. No matter what a female wolf only ever wants to please her mate. No matter what the male wolf was always dominant. But that doesn’t mean shit for the human part of a werewolf.

I could care less if I hurt or insulted his oversized, mighty fucking pride. I was beyond upset with him and I wasn’t going to let it go. I was definitely going to give him shit about the entire situation.
He veered his car and made a quick U-turn and parked on the grass, on the left side of the empty road. He unbuckled his seatbelt and looked me in the eyes. “Take that back. Now.” His jaw clenched dangerously tight, I was afraid his teeth would snap from the stress.

I had to admit, his already strong and prominent jaw popping out even more was sexy as fuck. No matter how mad I was with him he’d still be an attractive, dark man.

My heart was thumping erratically against my ribcage and my throat clenched. The look in his eyes was scary, but I knew he’d never hurt me. Well, intentionally at least. “No.” I almost growled. I was pleased with how firm and stubborn my voice sounded.
He let out another growl expect this one was lower and less venomous. “I am not a fucking pussy.”
“Oh?” I challenged him and looked him in the eyes defiantly, a smug smirk on my lips. “Then enlighten me. Tell me what that awful crime of yours was.”
“No.” he barked “I can’t. Marilyn you need to understand that me telling you what I did will hurt you more than it will me. I can’t tell you just yet.”
“When then?!” I demanded impatiently.
He opened his mouth to say something and sighed frustrated and leaned his head back. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and sighed. “I…”
“You…” I pushed him on.
“I’m so sorry Marilyn.” He said meekly.
I let out an agitated hiss and opened the car door and hopped out slamming it back hoping I left a crack.

I paced back and forth in front of the car. He was the most infuriating thing in the world! He was so ridiculous. What could have he possibly done to me that affected me so reprehensively that he couldn’t tell me. I wasn’t upset with him for any reason, other than the fact he refused to admit what he had done wrong.
Whatever it was I’d find it in me to forgive him. He’s my soul mate. Whether I wanted to admit it or not…I did care for him and liked him more than any other person in the world. He meant so much to me. I wouldn’t just dump him like trash for a mistake he’d done in the past.

As long as he promised to change, I’d be forgiving. I knew I would.

But what if what he did really was that bad. I mean it must be brutal to hurt me like he insisted he would. What was he hiding from me? This can’t just be a little something that barely touched my life. It must’ve changed it drastically in order to scare Carter this much.
The light slam of a car door snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Carter walking up to me a defeated expression imprinted on his face. “Marilyn-” I cut him off there.
“Lolita…” I murrmed “You know I don’t like the name Marilyn.”
He gave me a weak half smile. “Lolita, let’s talk this out, okay?”
Wait. He was finally going to tell me? Yes, victory!
I took a deep breath and shook my arms and looked him in the eye bracing myself for whatever he had to tell me.
“I don’t think you’re ready to hear this.” He stated.
He was going to make me go wild. Completely and utterly crazy.
My face dropped completely and I glared at him. “You don’t think I’m ready to hear it or you’re not ready to man up and tell me?” I queried with as much attitude I could muster.
He sighed again, “Lolita…I said let’s talk this out.” He intoned slowly through his teeth.
“No,” I snapped. “I don’t want to talk shit out! Tell me whatever the fuck it is you did and end of story! There is nothing to talk out Carter! Just tell me dammit!”
“I said to talk it out!” he barked, using a dominant tone I’d never heard from him before. It was so powerful, so demanding. “And that’s exactly what the fuck we’re going to do. Do you understand Marilyn?”
I was quiet for a moment; my submissive wolf wouldn’t allow me to be defiant to my mate any longer. “But I want to know.” I whined.
“Oh shit, you are so immature.” He rolled his golden eyes at me.
I gasped and glared at him. How could he be so insensitive? He knew I hated when he mentioned or even hinted at something to do with my age. He calling me immature was a punch in the stomach and a slap in the face all at once. “Excuse me?”
“Don’t start.” He rolled his eyes again.
“Stop rolling your fucking eyes at me Carter!” I snapped.
“I’ll do as I please.” And once again he rolled his eyes.
Oh my goodness, I hated when someone rolled their eyes at me. It was beyond disrespectful. I hated it with a passion. Not only did it show you didn’t care about what I was saying or my emotions but that I was the person at fault. That I was the bad guy!
“You better stop it!” I pointed at him taking two steps forward.
He took three more with a smug smirk on his lips and rolled his eyes again. “Make me.” he taunted like a child.
“Whose immature now, huh asshole?” I placed my hands on my lips.
“Still you princess.” He smirked.
God, that smirk. It’s like I wanted to fucking kill him and fuck him at the same time. “Don’t call me princess!” I fired at him.
He smirked again “You never minded before.”
“That’s before I knew my mate was a coward.” I retorted.
His smirk instantly changed into a frown and his jaw clenched again. “I’m not a coward.”
Fuck, he was sexy when he was mad.
I took a step forward and laughed dryly. “Oh?”
“Oh.”
I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “You know what? Go fu-”
Before I could finish my sentence I was cut off by him grasping my face in his hands and looking me deep in the eyes. “Shut. Up.”
He then pressed his lips to mine. I was taken aback slightly and didn’t know how to react. I weakly tried to push him off in vain then gave up into the kiss.
Suddenly as his lips moved gently against mine all my anger and impatience diminished into nothing. The only emotion I felt was passion. Passion for Carter. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he gently brought his hands down to my waist and pulled me closer to him. The kiss was slow and every bit of passionate as it could be. His lips as soft a satin and moving so slow and perfect against mine. A thousand electric jolts of lust and happiness erupted from my brain to my toes. My heart was pounding furiously in my chest and my knees shook slightly.
I subconsciously moved my head to the right and kissed back as best as I could. His lips were so sweet, they tasted like whip cream. Probably because he drowned his pancakes in them at iHop. A yearning for him overcame me and I combed my fingers through his hair pushing his head harder toward me. He tightly gripped my waist and smiled into the kiss.

The kiss was like magic. The bliss, euphoric feeling took over my body and I melted into him. It felt so right, all of it. Being in his arms, kissing him was exactly where I belonged.

He gently parted his mouth against mine and licked my bottom lip and nipped it lightly with his teeth. I gently parted my lips as well and his tongue that tasted so sweet gently entered my mouth and I let my tongue shyly enter his. Then I felt my body go into almost a rush. An adrenaline.

He clutched me tighter and pulled my body closer to his and the kiss became much more heated and bruising. I never experience such a thrill from a kiss. My head became cloudy and my feet weaker, almost about to give out. I was literally getting high off him. His tongue plundering into my mouth wrestled against mine and his lips collided forcefully against mine. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered violently and my heartbeat raced so much harder.

He growled into the kiss and I almost moaned out loud at the sound. He pulled me in closer to his body making the kiss much more intense. After a moment of savoring his lips I needed to catch my breath. Gently I parted our lips and inhaled deeply trying to regain my breath but instead just breathing in his mouth-watering scent.
“Whoa,” I gasped. I could still taste his lips on mine. Like whip cream. “I’ve never been kissed like that before.”
His hands cupped my face and he brought his forehead to mine. “To be honest princess, neither have I.”
“You’re an incredible kisser.” I admitted shamelessly. The passionate kiss we had just shared moments ago was still lingering on my lips. I could almost feel it perfectly.
“Took the words from right out of my mouth.” He pecked my lips once more then my nose.
“Let’s not fight.” I sighed. “Not when we can talk things out and kiss like that.”
“That was my earlier suggestion if I can recollect my memories properly.” He mumbled sarcastically.
I smiled meekly and shrugged. “Well, now we’re both on the same page.”
He just shook his head and placed his lips on mine again. This kiss was less sentimental and heated. Just a short, sweet kiss. “What’s today’s date?”
“June 25th. Why?” he mumbled in between pecking my lips.
I had to remember to mark this down on my calendar. April 13th, 2013 was the day we met. June 25th, 2013 was our first kiss. Two important dates to remember. I knew it was corny and some people would think it is useless to remember these details about our growing relationship but I thought they were vital details and wonderful dates to look back on. “Oh no reason.” But that didn’t mean I had to tell him so he could make fun of me.
He just shrugged and kissed me again. His lips captivating mine and hands dangerously close to my ass. I secretly hoped he would be bold and just grab it. Just the thought of him gripping my ass sent me on edge. I couldn’t imagine my reaction to anything past touching over clothes. He broke from the kiss and began to kiss along my jaw and slowly trailed soft kisses to my neck. He found his way down to my “spot” and released his tongue from his mouth and placed wet kisses on my sensitive area.
God, he made me crazy. He made me wild.

But then suddenly broke away from the kiss. His head shot up and sniffed the air. He let me go and paced back and forth trying to put his finger on the scent. He looked confused more than anything and was mumbling something incoherent under his breath.

“Carter, what’s wrong?” I asked my eyebrows furrowed together.
“That scent…it smells so…” he began.
Suddenly he came to an abrupt stop and his golden eyes widened and he looked at me. “Fuck.” He groaned.
Just then a growl from the trees behind me shocked me causing me to jump forward. I turned from Carter to face the trees. The bushes swayed and moved as if someone were walking through them. Just then seven large wolves appeared out of them snarling and growling at Carter and me.
They were all large and vicious looking. They slowly stalked toward us and right away Carter jumped in front of me completely blocking me from them snarling savagely at them.
Fuck, who are they? My heart started to beat ten times faster than what it was supposed to. They obviously weren’t friends of ours.
“C-carter who are they?” I gripped the back of his shirt with my shaking arm.
“Lolita.” He said still facing them. “Run.”
♠ ♠ ♠
IF you guys have a wattpad feel free to check out A Blessing or A Curse on there. It's edited and much better. Although, I only have posted the first 21 chapters on there! check it out!

http://www.wattpad.com/story/4985286-a-blessing-or-a-curse